X2: The Fiction Foundry

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

HelgeK
x2

X2: The Fiction Foundry

Post by HelgeK » Tue, 2. Mar 04, 01:37

Welcome!

This posting is meant as a repository for links to X2 fiction related material.

Until now, lots of what was written about the "X-Universe" actually took place in a multitude of parallel universes - and this even started within the games themselves! Perhaps - just perhaps - this great new forum will reduce the number of multiverses, and lead us all to a more coherent world.

Not TOO coherent, though :-)

Please PM me if you want me to add more links!

Helge
===========================================

The Argonopedia is surely one of the most comprehensive attempts at an X encylopedia. It looks pretty and has more info than you could eat in a week :-) Check it out!

Commander Jamieson's site (link broken) is one of the oldest and best-known X sites on the 'net. If you're not an X2-fan yet, you'll be after visiting here. Don't miss it!

Klarix's Trading and Screenshot site features sector descriptions and lots of info needed during the game.

The XbtfWiki (link broken) was originally meant as the definitive FictionFact bible of the X-Universe. It contains lots of useful information, but does stand and fall with user contributions...

Nopileos (link broken) is the name of a totally untypical Teladi and this is his (german language only) web site. Incidently, it's also the name of the sequel to Farnham's Legend...

===========================================

RustiSwordz
x2

Post by RustiSwordz » Tue, 2. Mar 04, 01:38

Thanks Helge. Yup useful stuff. :D
RustiSwordz Art Blog:

http://rustiswordz.blogspot.com/

Adamskini
x3tc

Post by Adamskini » Tue, 2. Mar 04, 22:08

yes!
Aug 2000 -> March 2001 - Old Skool Egosoft Forum
March 2001 -> Nov 2002 - THQ forum
Nov 2002 -> now - Current, prettier Egosoft Forum

[anybody remember The Enforcers?!]

Thalass
x2

Post by Thalass » Thu, 18. Mar 04, 13:37

Excellent! I'll have to see if I can channel enough mojo to produce something readable one day... heh.
Legitimate Businessman. Honest.

Paris_Hilton

Post by Paris_Hilton » Sun, 6. Jun 04, 13:14

I just knew bout that video after reading this topic :oops:

What is that capital ship that destroys Split Raptor? Never seen it before. On the sidenote, X2 is my first X game. Did it appear on the previous X games?

Planet invasion like that would be so much fun. Hope Egosoft included it as new feature :)

EDIT: ups... posted in the wrong board. Sorry, folks

Urashima Keitaro
x2

Post by Urashima Keitaro » Sun, 24. Oct 04, 00:50

Thanx! Who knows, maybe you'll see a novel from me on this game. You'll see a novel from me, that much is certain.

Thalass
x2

Post by Thalass » Sat, 6. Nov 04, 06:27

Anyone noticed what happened to the Wiki?
Legitimate Businessman. Honest.

GEN-Nation
x2

Post by GEN-Nation » Mon, 22. Nov 04, 11:55

Which was noticeable to me:
It was much written and saved.
But it`s really uncertainly whether that is correct :sceptic:

I ask myself: From where have you the data ?
From Egosoft or Helge :gruebel:

I recommend that you inquire you with your stories with persons, who have there notion (Egosoft, Helge, Steel, /me , ...) ;-)

therjw
x2

Post by therjw » Tue, 1. Mar 05, 12:51

hmm it seems that the The XbtfWiki one has been hacked into :gruebel:

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 1. Mar 05, 18:47

Yes, it was a long time ago. If you look at it carefully you will see that Helge left the message there for posterity, and to point out the pointlessness of hacking into an open Wiki.

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Fri, 14. Apr 06, 16:13

I'm loing for the new url for the wiki, can anyone help?

CJ's site is also now cryogenically frozen elsewhere: http://www.x2thethreat.net/index.htm
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Fri, 14. Apr 06, 16:55

Rapier wrote:I'm loing for the new url for the wiki, can anyone help?

CJ's site is also now cryogenically frozen elsewhere: http://www.x2thethreat.net/index.htm
As far as i know Terrabyte is hosting the CSP :roll:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183585 - X2 The Threat High Definition Mod - You know you wanna :)

The Zig
x3tc

Post by The Zig » Thu, 10. Apr 08, 23:17

Hey,
Just to point out, of the 5 links given above, 2 are now dead (Commander Jamieson's site & The XbtfWiki), one is really cool but seriously retro (X-Tension era) and another's only in German! (not meaning to be rude, but this is the English Creative Universe, and not everyone is going to understand German).

The only link left that's genuinely useful for researching a story is Argonopedia which is a superb site (but even that's only updated as far as X2!)

My point is, I think this thread needs to be either (a) rejuvenated, or (b) de-stickified.

One possible new link is http://www.thexuniverse.com/ which has a new Wiki on the X-Universe.
Last edited by The Zig on Thu, 17. Apr 08, 20:29, edited 1 time in total.

parameter
x3tc

Outdated links!

Post by parameter » Thu, 17. Apr 08, 18:47

The Zig wrote:My point is, I think this thread needs to be either (a) rejuvenated, or (b) de-stickified.
One possible new link is http://www.thexuniverse.com/ which has a new Wiki on the X-Universe.
I agree with The Zig! I do not claim to know enough about X2 or X3 in order to try doing a fresh write up, maybe we should put it to the Forum members to agree on new content?

Best wishes
:)
veneratio supernus omni

Paranoid66
x3tc

Post by Paranoid66 » Sun, 20. Apr 08, 09:32

Somebody would have to pm a moderator about these issues. Creative seems to be a bit shy of moderator activity due to its nature!
Beyond 'X' Far future (Fanfic): BkI BkII BkIII

Never more than 98.8 percent sure about anything.
98.8 percent sure that anyone who is 100 percent certain needs re-educating for the sake of humanity.

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Sun, 20. Apr 08, 10:11

No need, I've already been doing some background work on how this might proceed. ;)

If you would like to suggest useful sites then do go ahead but bear in mind that we're looking at the back-story more than ship facts and figures. It's also worth trying to identify which sites focus on the game (and in which periods), and which on the novels.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

The Zig
x3tc

Post by The Zig » Mon, 21. Apr 08, 18:15

The best 2 sites I've seen are Argonopedia and the new X-wiki at TXU.

IMO the #1 site for X-Universe info is Argonopedia.

TXU Wiki has far more info on it, which is good, but my main criticism is that a lot of the info is totally new to me - and I've played every X game, and researched a couple of stories in the X universe. So I'm not sure where they're getting it all from, what their sources are, or how "canon" it all is (thus I don't know if it will help to "reduce the number of multiverses").

There is another X-Wiki here, but it's rather lacking in content, especially background/setting info. It seems to function mainly as a refuge for information that was hounded out of Wikipedia.
And one more site I found was here. This site has a cool X3 look, but I could find virtually no background/setting info. On the plus side, it gives extensive information about goods (example) and stations (example), which could be useful if a writer wants an accurate trade-related story setting, yet doesn't want to boot up the game and spend hours flying around finding stations. On the downside, it's X3 only.

gsheriston
x3tc

Post by gsheriston » Sun, 28. Jun 09, 18:58

Has anyone come across an X-Universe calendar? I'm not talking about a timeline like >this one<, I'm looking for a calendar along the lines of the names of tazuras, and mazuras - how many tazuras in each mazura? Is it regular and even, or mixed up like ours? Given that it's Teladi in origin, I'd expect it to be heavily slanted in the direction of profit-earning rather than rest, maybe a ten-day week (but still with only two days of 'weekend'). Anything along the lines of "thirty days hath September, April, June and November"?

The concept never occurred to me, until I tried to put a date on a headstone...

gsheriston
x3tc

Post by gsheriston » Tue, 30. Jun 09, 20:45

Thanks, Prof. X! While I'd got the names down, I'd forgotten that the conversion factors were kicking around too :oops: And, the notation system from Cantankerous' linked story is a fair ol' life-saver. That solves my immediate problem at least... Much appreciated.

Now, has anyone actually named the mazuras/tazuras? Or are they always just referred to by their numbers?

Return to “Creative Universe”