[X4 SV+CoH] After The Supernova (CoH Project Genesis)

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Ormac
x4

[X4 SV+CoH] After The Supernova (CoH Project Genesis)

Post by Ormac » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 02:58

After the Supernova

Did I Witness a Gravometric Anomaly or Am I Drunk?

Oooh Boy I think one of those earlier rounds of Pirate Roulette is starting to effect me.
With my head throbbing and the loud Bar Chillout Playlist cycling through once again I thought I saw the Local Planet Taurus Disappear.

**burp** “Oh s-cuse me, What were you saying Najia?”

Najia appears off in her own world as usual. Musing about How far we’ve advanced technologically yet the existence, reason and functioning of the Gate Network is completely unknown to us. Why is it then that nearly everyone is more interested in returning to Sol with the technology of the Protectorate and promises from Earth.
Or something along those lines. I can’t tell if Najia is looking at me in shock or concern for my apparent condition or how I willfully just summed up her character. I see her mouth moving, if I concentrate I can hear her

Oh Gosh ... The boss wants the scheduled deployment task done immediately and I’ve got interesting mysteries I NEED to attend to. Would you mind handling the boss..?

The pulsing throb vanishes as she transfers 5,000 credits and the clearances for one of the stations ships. She turns and leaves.

Blinking I step away from the bar, turning towards the window. Well I see Taurus is still outside; but swaying slightly I think I’m not up to piloting a space craft.
I look around the bar with the chillout playlist now settling into the background I head towards a small group and immediately strike up a conversation with Marine Grey. Shes doing me a favour and double time leaves the bar.

Guess I’d better go, stretching the legs will give me a chance to sober up.

I reach the docking pad see the cockpit think its Nodan [VKK-057].
Stumble to the back, Stare for several moments wondering both these things; Where is the gangway and how potent those bottles of space fuel were.

I resume searching for an entry way and eventually lurch inside, Pushing my arms out so I don’t knock myself out My entrance concludes expertly positioning myself in the middle of the corridor.

I see Marine Grey in the Pilot chair waiting for me as I suddenly hear a buzzing in my ears I tell her to request clearance and fly to a local region of space.

Yeah Good Decision, I’m in no condition to fly

Panos
x4

Re: [X4 SV+CoH] After The Supernova (CoH Project Genesis)

Post by Panos » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 08:29

Ormac wrote:
Fri, 17. Sep 21, 02:58
After the Supernova

Did I Witness a Gravometric Anomaly or Am I Drunk?

Oooh Boy I think one of those earlier rounds of Pirate Roulette is starting to effect me.
With my head throbbing and the loud Bar Chillout Playlist cycling through once again I thought I saw the Local Planet Taurus Disappear.

**burp** “Oh s-cuse me, What were you saying Najia?”

Najia appears off in her own world as usual. Musing about How far we’ve advanced technologically yet the existence, reason and functioning of the Gate Network is completely unknown to us. Why is it then that nearly everyone is more interested in returning to Sol with the technology of the Protectorate and promises from Earth.
Or something along those lines. I can’t tell if Najia is looking at me in shock or concern for my apparent condition or how I willfully just summed up her character. I see her mouth moving, if I concentrate I can hear her

Oh Gosh ... The boss wants the scheduled deployment task done immediately and I’ve got interesting mysteries I NEED to attend to. Would you mind handling the boss..?

The pulsing throb vanishes as she transfers 5,000 credits and the clearances for one of the stations ships. She turns and leaves.

Blinking I step away from the bar, turning towards the window. Well I see Taurus is still outside; but swaying slightly I think I’m not up to piloting a space craft.
I look around the bar with the chillout playlist now settling into the background I head towards a small group and immediately strike up a conversation with Marine Grey. Shes doing me a favour and double time leaves the bar.

Guess I’d better go, stretching the legs will give me a chance to sober up.

I reach the docking pad see the cockpit think its Nodan [VKK-057].
Stumble to the back, Stare for several moments wondering both these things; Where is the gangway and how potent those bottles of space fuel were.

I resume searching for an entry way and eventually lurch inside, Pushing my arms out so I don’t knock myself out My entrance concludes expertly positioning myself in the middle of the corridor.

I see Marine Grey in the Pilot chair waiting for me as I suddenly hear a buzzing in my ears I tell her to request clearance and fly to a local region of space.

Yeah Good Decision, I’m in no condition to fly
Great stuff :mrgreen:

My advice, don't drink when in space :lol:

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Sun, 19. Sep 21, 06:08

Firstly This Wasn’t a Favour

It’s quiet in the small vessel shortly after the Travel Drive is engaged. Except for the buzzing, which isn’t buzzing it’s the boss. The one that wants the satellite, um, satellites deployed because the information they could collect is time critical.

I check the ship’s inventory at the rear console and ask for the ship to be re-positioned while I spend a few minutes just checking that these are the satellites that Najia authorised.

Satellite Deployed

Two more local regions, two more satellites deployed.

A few moments later the boss Dr Feynman calls back. He seems satisfied that the satellites were positioned adequately and that they are transmitting data he is interested in. Further he has approved clearance to enter Sol at Neptune a meeting for a meeting about a more important task.

I request the investigation of a faint gravadar detection before flying to Sol. Heading towards the airlock and prepare suiting up. I then settle into a comfortable position on the EVA chair, close my eyes and exhale. Then getting jolted out of place hit the deck with a THUD!

Firstly What I’m doing is not a favour, You’ve been asleep for hours and I don’t do alarm calls.
Second We are at Neptune. You may say thank you Captain Grey.

Thank you Captain Grey

Finally all ships have quartering for a full compliment of crew, you may want to freshen up, use berth number 3.
Oh stow YOUR spacesuit on the used hooks.

I slink into the designated berth and scan the area there’s a place to sleep a wardrobe , a storage locker for personal items and a small seat. One corner is configured for cleaning and daily care.

I glimpse a dishevelled individual and follow the captains advice to freshen up.
Upon entering the cockpit the pilot chair rotates and Captain Grey initiates docking with the research vessel.

I debark for the meeting with Dr Rick Feynman.

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Wed, 22. Sep 21, 05:33

Making Impressions

I walk from the small landing dock and call for the transit car. I enter the car and querying the location of Dr Feynman set the destination as the bridge. When the car arrives and the doors open I walk out onto the bridge and in moments take in that the command staff are calmly manning their stations and that there are a number of servicemen and women frantically try to solve what appears to be a recent problem.

I spot Dr Feynman at the other end of the walkway and approach.

“Greetings Dr Feynman, Im …”
“Did you arrive on that Rapier [FKH 882]?"
“Yes”
“Interesting, you’re not who I was expecting."
“That’s right I’m Pioola,...”
Yes, Yes, I’ know you you are. I did read your file after all.

Anyway we are still waiting for another member to arrive and I expect it escaped your attention that we’re rather busy getting ready for departure.

"So Is there…"

You own the ship you say.
"Well maybe"
"Hmm.. you could help with a small errand, I need an item others have found difficult to procure."
"You will have to leave now."

I board the transit car and a few minutes later I’m back onboard the scout asking Captain Grey to request flight clearance and to get as far away from the research vessel as possible while remaining at Neptune.

I head to my cabin feeling dejected. I begin considering the outcome of this conversation

An invitation to an important mission and when I arrive I’m shown no respect, told nothing. I think Dr Feynman was surprised that I turned up.
I think I can hear him speaking

You should think of this as a test of your resourcefulness but if can’t do this without my guidance I’m sending a general map location where you might find a contact able to supply an AGI processor. They’re found commonly on Xenon, and I can’t openly recommend that approach.

It’s his latest call that I’ve automatically accepted so when the line goes dead my mind latches on to one word. Resourcefulness. The conversation on the bridge plays over my mind again. A realisation approaches.

I check the map information offered and direct far a change of course towards the location and scroll though last nights transaction history

# Transfer +5 000 Cr – From Acc: Najia T
# Ship Ownership Transfer – Ship Rapier [FKH 882]
# Transfer -4 440 Cr – To Acc: Bella G
# Contracted Hire & Employ – Individual Bella Grey

Well that is interesting and explains a few things

“Awaiting Orders” Captain Grey reports.

I return to the common area and see a station in the marked vicinity
"Captain initiate docking".

Her first station landing was a little wild and as I’m striding past the cockpit
Dr Feynman suggests I’ll find the dealer in the bar, and him thinking that I may be prevoiusly acquainted with the individual almost brings me to a stop, and a sudden urge to yell some choice words is brought under control.

I continue striding to the transit bay, head to the bar and find an appropriate if shady patron who I've never met before. Feeling uncomfortable I initially back out of the exchange and have Captain Grey complete another full docking procedure and come back and exchange unstable crystals for an AGI Core.

Back onboard I immediately feel that something is wrong. I request flight to a faint detection that was recorded soon after our arrival. Head back to the cabin and examine this core more closely. Comparing this core against the encyclopedia entries I see I have clearly made a mistake, with the minimal information available. No Information Available on two of the three identified AGI items. As the detection yields nothing. It’s time to order another docking with the remotely located station. In this final meeting with the shady patron he’s treating me like a regular acquaintance and we conclude with the exchange of the second hand core for an AGI processor.

Finally time to head back to the research vessel.

Assets

Rapier [FKH 882]

Credits 21,075

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Wed, 29. Sep 21, 06:21

One Small Step for a Terran

We make our way back to the research vessel Oberth and dock once again. I go to the bridge and hand over the processor to Dr Feynman. With that done is appears as though the Oberth is finally ready to begin this long most important mission.
The Oberth get underway and I return to my own ship until the scheduled mission briefing tomorrow.

Dr Feynman begins the briefing

“We are on the way to a facility that is very important to the future of our people. It recently suffered structural damage due to some unknown spacial distortion. That’s why you’ve been brought in. Our resources are limited, but our people are exceptional.”

Nice Introduction I think.

However that is not the current mission.

Yeah I thought that might be the case, as we are only as far as Brennan’s Triumph.

A number of satellites have been targeted by Xenon. While we’ve managed to intercept the attackers, several satellites have been left in a state of disrepair.
I will assign a number of satellites to return to working order.

I’m thinking as long as I don’t have to repair the satellites I deployed yesterday and I hear a grumbled “Why is it always satellites”. I kind of agree with the sentiment but the damaged satellites I’m assigned are not the same ones I deployed so that’s a relief.

Captain Grey delivers me to the first satellite and before I head to the airlock to use the spacesuit for it’s intended purpose she reminds me.

“Space-faring regulations state that all vessels shall have a supply of space suits sufficient in number for a full complement of crew.”
Okay??
“That means you’re going to need to find a replacement spacesuit.”
Alright I’ll look into that.

I suit up, ensure the helmet is properly sealed and I’m securely fastened to the EVA chair before following airlock procedures and gently exit the airlock into open space.

I then target the nearest satellite and navigate towards it, moving within 30 metres and then repair it.
Satisfied with a good one third of the task done I return to the airlock and request permission to enter and complete airlock entry procedures. Returning upstairs I ask for the second satellite and repeat the whole space walk and repair process again.

The final satellite is the most distant and while the ship is in travel mode to the destination we fly near a Xenon swarm as proximity warnings go off and as I check the sensor information I get a bit nervous as one seems to be interested by our passage and I don’t like the idea of a Xenon approaching at speed and all I’ve got to defend myself may likely be a spacesuit and a repair laser.

We arrive at the satellite and after a few minutes of nervous waiting to make sure a Xenon isn’t attracted to us. I go through a final space walk and repair cycle before returning to the Oberth so that it can continue with it’s real mission of repairing the damaged facility.

Another day of travelling on the Oberth

And here we are.
As you know, this is a high security facility. Just because you have clearance to do your job, it doesn’t mean you can go wandering off, or touch everything.
It’s currently unmanned and in safe-mode until we can repair the damage and ensure no further anomalies occur.

There’s a question from the crowd and Feynman continues

Rest assured that you will be able to perform your duties. We begin by repairing the external structures. Get into your spacesuits and prepare to be guided to your assigned positions.

We undock from the Oberth and I decide to take the chair and position the scout behind the docking clamp that the Oberth is attached to. My three assigned repair jobs are all within close proximity from here. I get up from the chair and go to the airlock.

See you Soon I say as the outer door closes.
Necessary communications only being the clipped response.

I finish up the third repair job when the Oberth broadcasts

We’re picking up strange readings again, you’d better get back to the ship.
Gravimetric shears! Disengage docking clamps!

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Wed, 6. Oct 21, 09:33

One Giant Tear in the Fabric of Space

The rapier fades from view and when I stop the EVA rotation I see a completely different starfield.

I am paralysed from shock.

What is this? Some large artificial structure? So this was on the other side of the tear? It does seem that our investigation has lead to some potentially ground-breaking discovery!
Assistant, Assistant Can you hear me?

The apparent question draws me towards my current situation. I try to get my bearings. Dr Feynman never referred to me as an assistant.

Oh dear. It seems that they were either vaporised or pulled through the rift themselves.
Hmm and what is this. You there. Are you alright?

Where am I? I stammer
You are in Teladi Space. Assuming you know what a Teladi is.
Who are you?
My name is Boso Ta. Some might call me one of the foremost minds of the current age. If anyone knew I existed that is.

But nevermind that. Did you perhaps get pulled through the rift along with the station?
You did this?
Now, Now. Let us keep a calm demeanour, otherwise your oxygen intake may increase rapidly.
I will send a ship to your location. I do hope you will tell me where you have come from. Firstly let’s get you to safety.

I tune in to the ship locator beacon that Boso Ta indicated and head towards the ship. It’s a bit of a distance but I still have a comfortable margin of oxygen remaining from the 30 minute supply when I started the repair work.
When I request to dock the airlock opens and I enter into safety.

I ask the pilot to explore while I contemplate a few things like
What I should do now
Where am I?
Do I recall knowing who or what is a Teladi?
Is Captain Grey OK?

I turn to search for the crew quarters when a small green lizard arrives, rushing over offering assistance as I almost collapse on the floor.

Hoaeos help thisss Argon” the pilot rasps
"Yesss Foologos" is the response from the small lizard as they assist me towards one of the two vacant cabins.

After recovering my wits and talking with Hoaeos I understand that I am in a region of space called Grand Exchange. They are Teladi and were helping Boso Ta along with a third crewmate, their commander whos cabin I’m now in who was helping in the final phases of the investigation. They had done a most unusually thing and gifted their property Kestrel Vanguard [ACN-270] to Boso Ta saying “It’s what Nopileos would do”
Boso Ta informed them that he would be transferring the kestrel over to the rescued party of their investigation.

Earlier today I didn’t need rescuing, now I own this ship and am steward of the Segaris Station formally of Gaian Prophecy. And I have a plan to add a dock to the Segaris Station. That means turning twenty thousand credits into building materials and various administration fees.

I leave it to my new Teladi crewmates to find the best sources for the material locating a solar powerplant and a hull plant locally and a claytronics fab and a local trading station in an area referred to as Grand Exchange Three
After some discussion with a Trade station representative were on our way to the nearby claytronics fab and the local docking queue is being placed into something of a holding pattern with a localised broadcast

Space navigation hazards within station vicinity.
Please wait for station pilots to dock your vessel.
Navigation hazards are being cleared by the trained station staff

The Teladi seem to be talking excitedly together and Foologos volunteers in aiding the clearing of the hazards. Selling a few ship loads of claytronics to the trading station as well as donating a shipload to our building effort helps by increasing the available credits and decreasing the material costs by quite a lot. We’ll still need a further 23 claytronics to complete the build so I’ll purchase it from the trade station later. I organise the hire of a Teladi Company constructor and with a similar navigational hazard occurring at the local solar power plant a small donation to our building needs and some salvaged energy cells that can go into production of hull plates means I’ll just need the funds for the hull plates and those extra claytronics.

Although well be very lucky with the opportunities from salvage I feel I might want a further buffer so am on the look out for a local mission as we travel a well used route. I happen to find a request to fix a data leak at a station near the accelerator between Grand Exchange One and Grand Exchange Three.

I accept the job and decide to perform it on the way back from the Trade Station with the last claytronics we need. I take control of the ship from Foologos and begin looking for the data leak. I Locate a signal leaking from the station and I think I can hear a message. I focus on the signal and it indeed contains a message a plea for help. Someone wants away from this station, offering a tidy 40k. Oh that’s more than the repair job and I’ll come back for that so I agree and find the individual on the dock and depart for the nearby Solar power plant. On the way back the station with the repair mission communicates that the data leak has been fixed transfers 28K and thanks for a good job.

Purchase the hull plates and observe the last few minutes of construction before docking and access the internal transport system to discover that the Boso Ta needs to manually overcome the security systems in person.
And they need assistance in enacting an Escape Plan.

Assets

Segaris Station

Kestrel Vanguard [ACN-270]
Rapier [FKH 882]

Credits 181,791

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 06:19

Rescue

I appreciate not asphyxiating in space today but now I have to go and rescue this Boso. They’re nowhere nearby I have no idea were they are it’s just a different name from where I am at the moment. Just an unfamiliar area of space with a name. I go an ask my two Teladi if they know Hewa’s Twin V. Apparently they do. I leave them to navigate to the sector and head to the cabin. Hoaeos knocks and says we will be entering the accelerator to Hewa’s Twin V shortly. We pass the local defence platform and Foologos makes a navigational adjustment and lines up the nearby accelerator.

Once we enter Hewa’s Twin V Boso informs us that he has refined his escape plan while we’ve been in transit. That sounds encouraging? He forwards a new set of coordinates that we head towards. We haven’t quite reached the new position when Hoaeos begins getting excited, Foologos is trying to encourage restraint, but their profit opportunity is lost. Because I can also see the large ship out there which appears to be abandoned.

One spacewalk later I’ve manually cycled the airlock and taken command of this large ship. It appears intact and equipped. With the engines working and shield registering a charge, it’s armed and internal systems are also working. This ship is large enough to have a dedicated landing pad so after powering down the engines and locking the systems in standby I request the kestrel dock and then we leave to look for more crew.

There’s a general request to deal with some criminal shenanigans from the defence station of Hewa’s Twin III. We go there and I take the chair and I’m able to discourage enough civilian gangsters that we’re paid a nice credit sum. We dock at the station and I start looking around for a pilot. The first couple of Teladi I approach are marines, some of whom are expensive, affordable but not really the skills I want. I eventually approach one who can serve as a ships engineer and transfer the fee and they take up the final cabin berth on the kestrel. Docking back on our salvaged vessel I inform Hoaeos that she will be captaining the Osprey Vanguard.
I rather trust Foologos in the kestrel. So the kestrel goes to Boso’s rendezvous point with the osprey following along.

Boso Ta finally fills in the details of the refined plan which involves an independent trader providing decoy cover to Boso’s actual escape from the nearby station. My band of Teladi will provide protection to the trader as Boso doesn’t want to endanger their lives because they gave aid.

As the trader leaves I take up a rear escort position and the osprey follows. The next few minutes are uneventful until those on the station realise their quarry is missing, they scramble two fighters and the osprey seems capable to dealing with one and the other tries to make a pass at the freighter as I notice a line of weapons fire pass near the freighter but as I turn the kestrel looking for the target I find in stead a mass of sector security forces attacking the enemy ships. It’s interesting watching a few volleys of weapons fire coming from various vectors but essentially local security responded rapidly and efficiently with these criminals.

With the trader able to carry on with it’s usual business we dock with the osprey and I give Hoaeos the command to return to the Segaris Station. I spend the trip wandering through the ship. It is roomy as it can crew 17. We all eventually arrive at what will probably become home in this corner of space, Segaris Station.

Assets

Segaris Station

Kestrel Vanguard [ACN-270]
Osprey Vanguard [BMU-852]
Rapier [FKH-882]

Credits 335,110

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 04:23

Doctor Pioola

Arriving home I go to see Boso Ta

Aha! At last we meet face to face
This installation is equipped for habitation of all the races and this room seems to be some sort of research area. I expect I could spend years poring over the data contained in these systems.

Is there anything I can help with? I offer automatically.

Boso then goes through a number of science projects that feel as though he’s just thought up that seem to have bits of equipment that need to be organised beforehand.
Forward me these proposals and I’ll decide. I say before turning to leave for the transport car.

I haven’t be able to focus on the science proposals but rather on what Boso said before that. It reminded I haven’t eaten anything for hours, maybe I can find the storesroom or a stocked vending machine somewhere. I go through the sections engineering and security without luck and the science room only had a delivery tube to a secure locker, and what could have been considered the water cooler might now be thought of as an aquarium. Last place to try might me the managers office.

The doors slide open

Diagnostics almost complete Doctor Fyne... moving her attention away from the read out
Hang On your not Fyneman, who are you?
The stranger is a bit jumpy but relaxes some noticing the uniform.
Pioola, Doctor Fyneman said the station was unmanned?
Uhh It is, I was running tests for Fyneman before he allowed everyone else onboard,I wish he’d communicate better.”
Look I’m sorry Technician?
Manager Ako Song.
Look Ako everyone is on board.
I gently turn the Manger to the window behind her with the view of the hulking osprey and beyond that a foreign and unknown moon for either of us.
I hold her closer to me and she wacks me in the stomach when she hears it gurgle
Yeah right sorry, you got anything to eat, you must be as hungry as I am.
I tended to my nutritional needs like an adult, tend to yours.
Right where the nearest conference room?
Room 788 Why?
We’re going there Now.

Everyone gather in conference room 788, We’re having a meeting and bring food.

Yeah as I thought no food here.
Before the others arrive I suggest to Manager Song that she should be sitting down.
Why Miss Pioola so Doctor F...
Doctor Fyneman is not here, only you and I are here, no one else from the Oberth is here and we are not in Terran controlled space.
“So that ship? their crew...” Songs voice rises with concern
The crew is fine
But they’re on their way here!
Yes and that is why I want you seated.

That’s probably a good idea the team will be arriving momentarily Boso Ta chimes in over the room’s speaker system.

Ako Song just slides into a corner seat with a look of shock and bewilderment on her face.
The door slides open and the three Teladi walk in, each carrying a number of stoppered flasks. They each hand me one or two flasks and I introduce each to Ako Song. After introducing Yayusisos to Ako, Yayusisos looks at both of us taps at the stopper of one of the flasks in front of me saying.

Sssipsss, Good, Tassty, better

I remove the stopper on one, hold it briefly to my nose before consuming a third of the contents.
Yayusisos seems to approve and nods towards Ako. I remove the stopper on a second flask and offer it towards Ako. Who politely refuses, replacing the stopper and leaving to to one side. I thank Yayusisos and finish the contents of my opened flask. It seems to have sated my hunger pangs.

We settle in and the outcome of the meeting is that If I want to get home the Argon Sector of Black Hole Sun might be worth visiting. If I want more crew or better equipment, Eighteen Billion could be visited. Hoaeos would like some time to finish collecting her belongings from the kestrel. I see no problem with that and call the meeting to a close.

Alone again Ako reaches forward clasps my hands leans in and whispers
These Slimy Green, Lizardy People, They’re everywhere right?
I look into her wide panicked eyes and answer
They’re not slimy and they are certainly not everywhere.

I am Doctor Pioola, Xenoarchivist of Brennan’s Triumph and I will get us home.

Return to “Creative Universe”