[MOD] X2: Firelance 4.0.4 [RELEASE] [16/June/2012]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Verahta

Post by Verahta » Mon, 27. May 13, 23:32

I can't seem to get capturing Ship Debris to work haha. I fly near them but nothing happens, what do I need to do? *EDIT* solved it, I had to eject my pilot from my ship and fly myself in my space suit close to the ship. I found space station debris, but could not seem to get close enough to activate the capture messages, can space station debris be salvaged or is it just for looks?

My brother went to President's End after the story line event, and found a ship debris of an M2, Military Argon Titan. He captured it somehow, but isn't sure what he did to get control of it.

If anyone does the first few story line missions, when you are told to go talk to Ban on Argon One, you have to wait for one of it's fighters to leave or you can't do the mission because it's hanger bay is full of ships (25/25). So just wait for an enemy attack in Argon Prime and as soon as you see the fighters deploy, dock with Argon One and continue the mission.

Steel, is the weapon/shields installation a little touchy? Sometimes it seems like it doesn't want to work smoothly. You uninstall one weapon and then try to install it back and it keeps saying "none" and wont let you re-install it. Then you have to back out of the menus and go back in and try it again. It's not a big issue, just seems like it's a bit temperamental at times.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Wed, 29. May 13, 22:22

Verahta wrote:I can't seem to get capturing Ship Debris to work haha. I fly near them but nothing happens, what do I need to do? *EDIT* solved it, I had to eject my pilot from my ship and fly myself in my space suit close to the ship. I found space station debris, but could not seem to get close enough to activate the capture messages, can space station debris be salvaged or is it just for looks?
Station debris can't be captured currently, only ships.
Verahta wrote:My brother went to President's End after the story line event, and found a ship debris of an M2, Military Argon Titan. He captured it somehow, but isn't sure what he did to get control of it.

If anyone does the first few story line missions, when you are told to go talk to Ban on Argon One, you have to wait for one of it's fighters to leave or you can't do the mission because it's hanger bay is full of ships (25/25). So just wait for an enemy attack in Argon Prime and as soon as you see the fighters deploy, dock with Argon One and continue the mission.
That is something I hadn't considered. I'll see if I can get the ship to spawn with 1 slot free so the player can dock without issue.
Verahta wrote:Steel, is the weapon/shields installation a little touchy? Sometimes it seems like it doesn't want to work smoothly. You uninstall one weapon and then try to install it back and it keeps saying "none" and wont let you re-install it. Then you have to back out of the menus and go back in and try it again. It's not a big issue, just seems like it's a bit temperamental at times.
You can only change lasers in stations, rather than out in space currently. At least that's what I remember from FL4.0.4.

SteelRush
x4

Re: gunnery crews?

Post by SteelRush » Wed, 29. May 13, 22:23

Verahta wrote:How do the gunnery crews work?

I bought some and put them on my M6 but I haven't noticed anything in the commands/console to suggest how to use them.
Gunnery crews really don't do anything with all the changes. In the next version, I removed them outright.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Wed, 29. May 13, 22:25

Verahta wrote:Thank you Steel for the fast patch you provided, fixed the illegal goods bug.

May I ask, is there any documentation on the mod? For example any docs on the new weapons, ships, sectors, etc?

If I run into any more bugs I will try to collect as much detail as I can for you.
I've been wanting to put up a wiki with this information, and I'll try and get to that in the near future. It would coincide with the FL Omega version in the works.

Thumbaumba

Post by Thumbaumba » Sun, 28. Feb 16, 17:21

I sincerely apologise for being soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo late, however, i still occasionaly play X2 thus recently i accidentally discovered Firelance Mod for myself.
And as soon as i got my first power plant, i went into trouble: trere are absolutely no Station Management System commands in command console. If anyone still alive on this forum, can you suggest what am i doing wrong?

Dallatorre
x3tc

tested out

Post by Dallatorre » Mon, 25. Jul 16, 21:27

I took again on X2 The Threat, now starting with this mod.

The fact that every shield is different for each race messes things up, because every race doesn't have an increased number of production facilities to fix this.

Boron ships are extremely deadly, it is still true that if your shields are down, the game is over for you. Borons have huge shielding and weapons that eat shields like crazy.

Proceeding trough the game I found the step-up from M5 to M4 nice and pleasant, but upgrading to M3 looks like a downgrade.
The Teladi buzzard has much better shields than the Paranid M3, better speed and feels like better weapons. The M3 fighter likes to take more damage and deal less.

It's impossible to have a natural progression trough the story-line, the ransom quests can be done with some skills and an M4, the transport quests featuring xenons require you to bend the willing of the game, by seeking help of the police AI, when you step up to an M3 (Military Perseus) everything gets more difficult and the M4 is not enough to go trough the story-line.

About the main story-line? it's kinda broken...
Spoiler
Show
as soon as you need to travel to Nyana's hideout
it's not feasible anymore. If you take the red route: no way you're gonna pass that xenon sector, a swarm of xenon M5s followed by M4s will wreck any fighter.
Spoiler
Show
When you save Bret from the Kha'ak
, those 2 laser turrets will spawn and kill you no match.
It requires cheating.

I did tested some combat, 4 boron M4s will easily destroy a Centaur, a Nova and a Buzzard without having losses. the M3 class is so stupid now.

I know the game is old and the mod also, but i needed to leave this feedback. Hopefully someone will read it, helping them decide weather to try take on the game with this mod.

odin creed
x4

Re: [MOD] X2: Firelance 4.0.4 [RELEASE] [16/June/2012]

Post by odin creed » Tue, 4. Jun 19, 09:46

Hey Guys,i found this mod a few days ago and i have been playing it a lot seems pretty stable to me and i really like it,i do have one question tho there seems to be some hidden gates in a few sectors normally i would drop a sat near where i think a gate would be but this mod puts all the sats u drop off the grid into the center of the sector so that don't work so my question is exactly how am i supposed to find these gates,i have looked behind asteroids and such with no luck,also the targeting system only works within a few dozen clicks of a target is that on purpose or what>?

Jimmyjamjohnson42
x4

Post by Jimmyjamjohnson42 » Sun, 23. Jun 19, 18:30

Hi

I follow the instructions to play firelance but then i cant press any buttons on the launcher but whne im off compatability mode i crash all the time. What do i do?
I play X2 a lot, possibly too much.
800 hours and counting :P

odin creed
x4

Post by odin creed » Sun, 23. Jun 19, 21:35

Hey Guys,when playing the story line i can't get into brennans triumph with out CTD no matter if i fly thru a gate or jump into the sector same problem CTD is anyone else experiencing this,does any one have a solution? not much use in playing if u cant do the missions,and i really like this mod over all but i would change a few things if i could not a criticize just imho.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Sun, 29. Sep 19, 00:09

I popped on the forums, and am surprised to see people playing this mod.

If I remember correctly, the story missions are very glitchy, and even more so with a more modern OS. It is a conflict with the huge amount of changes this mod makes, and the story files. Without being able to edit the story files directly, I could not resolve these conflicts. My next version I never got around to finishing, was going to likely disable story mode.

On a side note, I have a bunch of files on my drive for v5.0 that never were finished, or saw the light of day. I had some pretty ambitious stuff planned. With great ambition, comes life to remind you that you are not a development team and do not have time to do it. If anyone is still playing X2, I might release the stuff for the public to play with.

odin creed
x4

Post by odin creed » Sun, 29. Sep 19, 05:10

SteelRush,please don't give up on this mod new people are discovering x games every day and when they do they learn about mods so they go looking for them,after u put so much time and effort into this amazing mod u should make sure it gets played,i am no modder but if u put ur efforts out there for v 5.0 i am sure someone will try to finish it,i wish u would bro.

FlightJunkie
x4

Post by FlightJunkie » Wed, 29. Jul 20, 19:34

Does this mod make projectiles fly faster?
this is not a xenon-> :xenon: its a Borg

odin creed
x4

Post by odin creed » Wed, 29. Jul 20, 21:30

not that i can see

FlightJunkie
x4

Post by FlightJunkie » Thu, 30. Jul 20, 14:05

Oh thats a bummer. I tried the top gun mod a while back, and in that projectiles traveled faster. Made combat a whole lot better. I also liked that exterior model cockpits matched the interior. What I didn't like was that it changed too much so I stopped playing it.
this is not a xenon-> :xenon: its a Borg

odin creed
x4

Post by odin creed » Fri, 31. Jul 20, 15:28

i tried the top gun mod but i couldn't find the docking port on the argon one to continue the story line

jasmineamy
x3ap

Post by jasmineamy » Thu, 28. Jan 21, 10:57

hi every time i go to instal this on steam and ony this mod it crahses on load

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 31. Jan 21, 20:51

Works fine for me. Have you enabled the compatibility mode as mentioned in the opening post?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Precession
x4

Post by Precession » Sat, 13. Feb 21, 12:55

Haven't played this game in ages and found this mod, but I'm having issues. When I install Firelance and The Bonus pack, something goes and wrong station management doesn't work. There isn't any SMS anywhere on my stations in the interface. Am I meant to leave Station management system out of the installation of the bonus pack?

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”