[MOD] X2: Firelance 4.0.4 [RELEASE] [16/June/2012]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Wed, 13. Jun 12, 05:39

Eve2012 wrote:How do I install the mod?
I tried extracting it to the X2 root folder, ran the game and it crashed. Can anyone help me?
You need to set the compatibility settings in 7/Vista:

Windows Vista and 7 Compatibility

X2 should have the following compatibility options set:

Compatibility mode:
Windows XP (Service Pack 2)

Priviledge Level:
Administrator

This will prevent crashing and other odd bugs.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Sat, 16. Jun 12, 22:32

4.0.4 has been released. The fixes are as follows:

- Races will only send fleets to either owned space, or Unknown space.
- BBS Assassination missions fixed.

Unfortunately, the fixes involved in this will render previous savegames incompatible. If you are invested in a game, stick with 4.0.3 for now. I wanted to avoid this, but certain bugs cannot be fixed otherwise.

Can someone confirm these bugs to be fixed?

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Sun, 1. Jul 12, 13:25

Based on feedback, a 4.0.5 is being planned. When finished, here are the planned major changes:

- Static respawn of stations removed.
- New stations will be created as there is excessive demand.
- NPC stations stuck with a ton of product will have the ability to "go out of business" and be shut down.

In this way, the X economy will adapt to changing markets, rather than be permanently broken.

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Tue, 7. Aug 12, 17:33

Is it normal that in the tutorial simulations, no lasers are present on player ships?

thx

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 18:24

unknown1 wrote:Is it normal that in the tutorial simulations, no lasers are present on player ships?

thx
The tutorials aren't working with Firelance.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Wed, 3. Oct 12, 19:20

A new version of Firelance has been in the works, focusing on economic improvement, and more dynamic events. This will likely be version 4.5 when it's finished, and will contain the following improvements:

- Stations will be closed if supply exceeds demand.
- New stations will be built if demand exceeds supply.
- Stations destroyed will no longer statically respawn, but the economy will dynamically grow or retract to meet the change.
- Trading stations will now contain the resources needed for that particular race. NPC TS will seek their wares in their sector Trading Station where possible.
- Super Freighters folded into new TM class, and are now used by NPC empires in Trading Stations and come standard with jumpdrives, to keep the economy flowing.

Additionally, more dynamic events as follows:

- Unknown sectors will be claimed by neighboring races.
- Sectors that lose all stations will fall back to Unknown ownership to be claimed by the first race to build a trading station in the sector.

If time permits, I'd like to have races who are at war (ie Xenon, Khaak), to attempt to take and hold sectors, so there would be a legitimate threat in the universe the player can either try and contain, or profit from.

As always, suggestions are welcome, and if you wish to help test/mold this next version, drop me a PM.

dathion
x3

Post by dathion » Wed, 3. Oct 12, 20:22

Great news. good luck :wink:

kaffeepadd
x3ap

Post by kaffeepadd » Mon, 8. Oct 12, 14:20

Hi,

first of all I really want to say thank you! This is indeed a great mod! I love it! :)
Being an X2 Fan, I really liked the new touch you gave the game!

Now to a little question. I'm currently running version 4.04 and I seem to don't have any Xenon Blockades. Did you remove them in this version? Also I did not find those superjumpgates. :?

Greetings

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Sat, 20. Oct 12, 19:39

kaffeepadd wrote:Hi,

first of all I really want to say thank you! This is indeed a great mod! I love it! :)
Being an X2 Fan, I really liked the new touch you gave the game!

Now to a little question. I'm currently running version 4.04 and I seem to don't have any Xenon Blockades. Did you remove them in this version? Also I did not find those superjumpgates. :?

Greetings
The Supergates were removed in 4.x. The Xenon Blockades were removed in favor of actual Xenon raids, rather than Xenon just infinitely flying into a fleet to their inevitable deaths.

I plan on building on the raiding behavior in Firelance 4.5.

ghaft

Post by ghaft » Fri, 16. Nov 12, 04:49

So the 4.0.4 download link gives a 2.8 MB file which I assume it to be just a patch... your website is pretty much non-existent excepting direct file links, and the only core installation for this mod I can find is the 3.5 FINAL & Hotfix.

Do I just patch the 3.5 with the 4.0.4?

edit

Nope, that's certainly not it, the 3.5 shows up as a different mod package. Attempting just the 4.0.4 in the OP will just CTD the game on startup though the 3.5 final runs fine.

I can't find the installer for 4.0 to patch with the 4.0.4, I've scoured this thread and google.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Sun, 18. Nov 12, 18:48

4.0.4 is a complete version and requires nothing else to run. Compatibility settings need to be on in Windows outlined in the first post to not CTD.

3.5 is an older complete version and is not required to run 4.0.4.

X2 Fan

Post by X2 Fan » Mon, 19. Nov 12, 09:43

NOTE: Sound Driver is RTKVHD64 (Realtek HD Audio), 18/10/2011. I'll try and update it today, and see if that helps.

I'm getting computer voice/sound issues with this mod - it sounds like the first 0.5 second is taken from something else, and the 'proper' sound lasts ~1-2 seconds with normal target identify (e.g: Argon One, Terracorp, etc), and menu ship descriptions (such as the description for the discoverer) last ~6 seconds. Weapons effects seem to work normally.

If I run it with "Ignore last setting and use default" the sound problem doesn't crop up, so it has to be a mixup between the Australian game and this mod (v3.5 & v3.5 Alt seems to have a similar issue; it and the EU one may have more differences than previously thought). This occurs with either the normal or uncompressed 0144.dat file as well (renaming the .dat to wma, then converting to .wav, and renaming back to .dat).

If it helps, in the Simulation, Pilot Licence Test, Combat Test 1, the first sentence of dialogue goes "*Forge*. [Not normally part of the sentence] Welcome to the Argon Space Academy... [sentence runs normally] participate in level 2 simulations. *Good Luck*" ["Good Luck" is cut off]

Additionally, if I die, a CTD occurs (which also doesn't occur with the 'use default' setting).

Docking, non lethal crashes and station interaction (purchasing/selling) are fine.

OS: Win7 Professional, Service Pack 1 (64 Bit, obviously).

CPU/RAM: Core i5 3550, 8gb RAM.

Drivers: Unsure, but they must be some of the most recent (this computer was only made 3 months ago), and the windows automatic updater says they are all up to date (except the Nvidia GPU, which has been updated).

X2 Version: Australian 2 CD (Installed 1.0.0->1.2 Aus->1.4 Aus->NoCD->1.5-> AL Patch-> Bonus Plugin 1.04.01), which I then manually moved the FL4.0.4 files to their folders.

I also tested without the v1.5 patch (so it was installed 1.0.0->1.2 Aus->1.4 Aus->NoCD-> AL -> Bonus Plugin-> FL4.0.4).

Compatibility Settings: WinXP Service Pack 2, WinXP Service Pack 3, Vista Service Pack 2 (All Admin granted).

Aryia
x4

Post by Aryia » Sun, 9. Dec 12, 21:10

Hi , to install do i simply extract to my x2 folder? Or is there anything else i need to do , thanks.

Aryia
x4

Post by Aryia » Sun, 16. Dec 12, 20:43

All sorted now , the instructions were in the zip file. Thanks.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Tue, 25. Dec 12, 21:08

If anyone is trying to get in touch with me for a bug, or general question or suggestion, please PM me. I don't get around these forums as often as I should, so a PM is the quickest way to message me.

4.5 is now feature complete, and is being beta tested.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Sat, 12. Jan 13, 18:03

Here is a 7 minute cut of video, showing a military response fleet responding to Pirate aggression in Ore Belt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59F99QJIS7Q

This is taken from the new version in progress, I am calling Firelance Omega.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Sun, 20. Jan 13, 05:56

Firelance Omega, will have a much larger focus on economic changes. One of the main changes, is the AI will have a real economy. There will be no more pulling money out of thin air. We are currently stress testing the following economic model:

If a station goes deep into debt, it will go out of business. A station must purchase it's ships out of pocket, so a station can be driven out of business with enough severe losses. The revamped reputation loss system ensures the player can't simply go around assassinating with impunity.

When stations reach a certain level of profitability, a new station of the same kind is opened. So the economy expands and retracts based on demand.

Trading Stations, Equipment Docks and Shipyards generate tourist revenue. The more influence a station has, the larger the amount of tourist passengers that will arrive. At maximum influence, a Dock is capable of generating around 300k credits every 15-30 minutes with the current beta guidelines. AI stations use tourists, which keeps them profitable.

AI Shipyards gain 50% revenue from stations rebuilding ships. 10% of this revenue is shared with the local Equipment Dock. This ensures the profitability of these AI stations.

AI Shipyards fund the fleets of the races, and if a shipyard does not have the funds to rebuild a lost fleet, the fleet will not rebuild until the shipyard has the funds to rebuild.

Invasions only happen if a race has the spare funds at a nearby shipyard to cover potential losses.

dathion
x3

Post by dathion » Tue, 22. Jan 13, 10:40

Nice been waiting for this type of overhaul. :)

GDI-BOSS
x4

Post by GDI-BOSS » Thu, 21. Feb 13, 21:22

Hi guys i downloaded and install mod but when i play i see maney readtext but in this mod there are not any file or folder "t" how can resolve?txs

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 27. Feb 13, 09:46

The text file is stored directly in the cat/dat. You can extract it using the modmanager by doubleshadow.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”