[MOD] X2: Firelance 4.0.4 [RELEASE] [16/June/2012]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

VenomR00

Post by VenomR00 » Wed, 6. Jun 12, 18:24

Also is there a way to blacklist Xenon sectors because after about 10hours game time they have completely destroyed the xenon shipyards.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Wed, 6. Jun 12, 19:16

VenomR00 wrote:Also is there a way to blacklist Xenon sectors because after about 10hours game time they have completely destroyed the xenon shipyards.
What I'll probably do is change the conditions for attacks. Races will only be able to respond to either owned space or unknown space. This should prevent the scenarios you are mentioning.

I am still working out that mission bug, and once I get it sorted, I'll release 4.0.4 with these fixes. I have to go out of town tomorrow, so I can't give an ETA right now.

VenomR00

Post by VenomR00 » Wed, 6. Jun 12, 19:37

okay sweet

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Wed, 6. Jun 12, 21:12

Try this patch and tell me how the responses are:

http://www.steelrush.com/firelance/FL4/conditions.7z

Just extract to your X2 folder.

VenomR00

Post by VenomR00 » Wed, 6. Jun 12, 21:40

Okay will do. Is this for the mission bug or for the A.I. staying in their zones?

Also if its possible to add another line to ships that says who owns it with the station because currently since some pirates utilize the A.I. Ships its hard to tell unless you switch to pirates being foe which then prevents you from docking at pirate stations and if you fly towards one those laser towers don't screw around. Lol

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Wed, 6. Jun 12, 22:12

VenomR00 wrote:Okay will do. Is this for the mission bug or for the A.I. staying in their zones?

Also if its possible to add another line to ships that says who owns it with the station because currently since some pirates utilize the A.I. Ships its hard to tell unless you switch to pirates being foe which then prevents you from docking at pirate stations and if you fly towards one those laser towers don't screw around. Lol
This is for the AI staying in their zones.

For the Pirates, you can easily identify them by their letter in the serial number of the ship in the map view:

I = Pirates
D = Dantai
Y = Yaki

VenomR00

Post by VenomR00 » Wed, 6. Jun 12, 22:17

Okay sweet ^^. They seem to not be destroying zones. I will be going to the pirate sections and checking once i finish the brennan triumph because that is usually when it occurs.

One Annoying thing is that when you unequip the shields you can't sell them or reequip them

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Wed, 6. Jun 12, 22:32

VenomR00 wrote:Okay sweet ^^. They seem to not be destroying zones. I will be going to the pirate sections and checking once i finish the brennan triumph because that is usually when it occurs.

One Annoying thing is that when you unequip the shields you can't sell them or reequip them
You can only equip/re-equip shields and guns only while docked now.

You can only sell equipment to a dock that sells it. So if you have Teladi shields, you need to go to a Teladi dock to sell them.

TheJournier
x3ap

Post by TheJournier » Thu, 7. Jun 12, 03:35

So while playing the game I realized that each race has their own "unique" weapons and ships that cannot be bought or sold from just anywhere.

So my question is... who buys xenon weapons & ships? I.E. Alpha missles...? The pirates?

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Thu, 7. Jun 12, 12:41

TheJournier wrote:So while playing the game I realized that each race has their own "unique" weapons and ships that cannot be bought or sold from just anywhere.

So my question is... who buys xenon weapons & ships? I.E. Alpha missles...? The pirates?
There is a Xenon faction you can befriend. Details are in the spoiler tags in case there are folks who want to find out how on their own.
Spoiler
Show
Spawned randomly in a Xenon sector is a derelict Xenon A with a Solaria Network Interface onboard. When you obtain that device, the ETA/ALPHA become neutral towards you.

Additionally, there is a Khaak faction called the Crimson Hives you can become friends with to trade Khaak equipment. You become friends with them in a similar way. A derelict red Khaak Carrier is in a random Xenon sector with a Khaak Device onboard. When you obtain it, the Crimson Hives become neutral. Once you've destroyed enough purple Khaak, they will let you jump to their Homeworld sector.

VenomR00

Post by VenomR00 » Fri, 8. Jun 12, 08:14

I don't think the script is working right because the Xenon Sector I went to is gone. I will be visiting them all and then I will post here which sectors have stuff and which done.

**Edit*

So ya the NPC still goes about killing the XENON most of the yaki sections have nothing in them. They are staying outta the unknown better because the ETA\Alpha sent about 6-10 M1,M2,M6 ships plus a few 100 ships and start attacking random sections which lag bombed the game.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Sat, 9. Jun 12, 05:46

VenomR00 wrote:I don't think the script is working right because the Xenon Sector I went to is gone. I will be visiting them all and then I will post here which sectors have stuff and which done.

**Edit*

So ya the NPC still goes about killing the XENON most of the yaki sections have nothing in them. They are staying outta the unknown better because the ETA\Alpha sent about 6-10 M1,M2,M6 ships plus a few 100 ships and start attacking random sections which lag bombed the game.
Are you sure they still kill them, or were they already killed by the old response conditions?

VenomR00

Post by VenomR00 » Sat, 9. Jun 12, 09:14

Positive. I restarted my game so that nothing over lapped.

And in the top right Xenon Sectors i watched them swarm and lag out. It was the military classification ships.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Sun, 10. Jun 12, 06:21

VenomR00 wrote:Positive. I restarted my game so that nothing over lapped.

And in the top right Xenon Sectors i watched them swarm and lag out. It was the military classification ships.
I'll look into it as soon as I can.

Eve2012

Post by Eve2012 » Wed, 13. Jun 12, 02:04

How do I install the mod?
I tried extracting it to the X2 root folder, ran the game and it crashed. Can anyone help me?

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Wed, 13. Jun 12, 05:39

Eve2012 wrote:How do I install the mod?
I tried extracting it to the X2 root folder, ran the game and it crashed. Can anyone help me?
You need to set the compatibility settings in 7/Vista:

Windows Vista and 7 Compatibility

X2 should have the following compatibility options set:

Compatibility mode:
Windows XP (Service Pack 2)

Priviledge Level:
Administrator

This will prevent crashing and other odd bugs.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Sat, 16. Jun 12, 22:32

4.0.4 has been released. The fixes are as follows:

- Races will only send fleets to either owned space, or Unknown space.
- BBS Assassination missions fixed.

Unfortunately, the fixes involved in this will render previous savegames incompatible. If you are invested in a game, stick with 4.0.3 for now. I wanted to avoid this, but certain bugs cannot be fixed otherwise.

Can someone confirm these bugs to be fixed?

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Sun, 1. Jul 12, 13:25

Based on feedback, a 4.0.5 is being planned. When finished, here are the planned major changes:

- Static respawn of stations removed.
- New stations will be created as there is excessive demand.
- NPC stations stuck with a ton of product will have the ability to "go out of business" and be shut down.

In this way, the X economy will adapt to changing markets, rather than be permanently broken.

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Tue, 7. Aug 12, 17:33

Is it normal that in the tutorial simulations, no lasers are present on player ships?

thx

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 18:24

unknown1 wrote:Is it normal that in the tutorial simulations, no lasers are present on player ships?

thx
The tutorials aren't working with Firelance.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”