[MOD] X2: Firelance 4.0.4 [RELEASE] [16/June/2012]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Sat, 12. Jan 13, 18:03

Here is a 7 minute cut of video, showing a military response fleet responding to Pirate aggression in Ore Belt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59F99QJIS7Q

This is taken from the new version in progress, I am calling Firelance Omega.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Sun, 20. Jan 13, 05:56

Firelance Omega, will have a much larger focus on economic changes. One of the main changes, is the AI will have a real economy. There will be no more pulling money out of thin air. We are currently stress testing the following economic model:

If a station goes deep into debt, it will go out of business. A station must purchase it's ships out of pocket, so a station can be driven out of business with enough severe losses. The revamped reputation loss system ensures the player can't simply go around assassinating with impunity.

When stations reach a certain level of profitability, a new station of the same kind is opened. So the economy expands and retracts based on demand.

Trading Stations, Equipment Docks and Shipyards generate tourist revenue. The more influence a station has, the larger the amount of tourist passengers that will arrive. At maximum influence, a Dock is capable of generating around 300k credits every 15-30 minutes with the current beta guidelines. AI stations use tourists, which keeps them profitable.

AI Shipyards gain 50% revenue from stations rebuilding ships. 10% of this revenue is shared with the local Equipment Dock. This ensures the profitability of these AI stations.

AI Shipyards fund the fleets of the races, and if a shipyard does not have the funds to rebuild a lost fleet, the fleet will not rebuild until the shipyard has the funds to rebuild.

Invasions only happen if a race has the spare funds at a nearby shipyard to cover potential losses.

dathion
x3

Post by dathion » Tue, 22. Jan 13, 10:40

Nice been waiting for this type of overhaul. :)

GDI-BOSS
x4

Post by GDI-BOSS » Thu, 21. Feb 13, 21:22

Hi guys i downloaded and install mod but when i play i see maney readtext but in this mod there are not any file or folder "t" how can resolve?txs

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 27. Feb 13, 09:46

The text file is stored directly in the cat/dat. You can extract it using the modmanager by doubleshadow.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Divine Shadow
x2

Post by Divine Shadow » Tue, 12. Mar 13, 03:57

SteelRush wrote:Firelance Omega
Its great to see some people still care for X2 and are improving it.

Its not the game is old and useless far from it its got a lot of potential it just seems people are too busy modding newer stuff they always ignore the slightly older one.

Even X3 Reunion seems to be left in dust.

But look at "Morrowind Overhaul 3.0" and other such projects on older games bringing them to life and making them very good and fun to play.

I shall try your mod it would be great if you get the following awesome stuff added to your mod:
Something similar to:
"Improved Races V15"
"Race Response Fleets"
"CODEA Weapon System"

And a bunch of other awesome stuff that would make X2 simply awesome.

It seems youre already doing great with response fleets.

A dynamic economy you mentioned is very interesting the idea that factories will open/close and build when needed etc if i remember correctly egosoft once thought about doing that but they decided it would be *too much* effort and simply added infinite respawn and energy free spp....
-Down with the Split !!!!!
-Rolk's asteroid :P :lol:

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Sun, 5. May 13, 04:45

I am at a stage of modding, where the economic scope of this mod will need quite a bit of testing and fine tuning to get right. The framework is there, but for this mod to see the light of day, I'll need some volunteers willing to test and offer feedback on the progressing economy.

Drop me a PM if interested. If I end up with no volunteers, unfortunately, Omega will probably die right here.

overseer1

Post by overseer1 » Fri, 10. May 13, 23:21

I´ve just installed the mod and is running well, but i have no text on the new wares, ships or stations, just the generic "readtext xxxx", how can i fix this?

Verahta

Post by Verahta » Mon, 20. May 13, 03:00

Very cool, looking forward to new updates. Really love the work you guys do on this mod, fun stuff.

Verahta

Installation?

Post by Verahta » Mon, 20. May 13, 03:47

I tried to install the new version of Firelance but I can't remember how (last time I played x2 was with FL3 or 3.5), and there are no instructions. The "docs" folder in the zip file simply says "install 1.5, install update/plugins, then Install Firelance" but it does not actually describe HOW to install the mod.

I tried putting the extracted files in the mod folder, that did not work, and I tried copying the extracted folders directly into the X2 directory and that did not work. And I tried copying the contents of the extracted folders into the corresponding folders in the root directory and that too did not work.

I get the same error, I start a new game and it CTD during the cut scene when the mammoth is rising up through the clouds. Crashes at same spot every time.

I did go to properties of the X2 application icon and changed it to XP/2 compatibility and Run As Admin.

Any ideas why this is crashing and can someone tell me how to properly install it? Because I can't find instructions anywhere.

Thank you.

EDIT: I might have figured it out, maybe. Seems to be working so far!

Verahta

Post by Verahta » Wed, 22. May 13, 13:48

Why does the Argon military keep attacking me? I am trying to level up with them, but my freighters from my SPP keep getting attacked and all hell breaks loose.

How do I avoid pissing off my ally? Thanks.

Verahta

Post by Verahta » Thu, 23. May 13, 02:00

I need help with something.

Why is Argon killing me even though we are friends? They keep destroying my SPP and attacking my ships, even though I have "Friend" set for relations and high percent of "trusted friend/accepted member" status.

I have a SPP, an Equipment Dock, and a Mammoth parked in Home of Light, and randomly the Argon Prime Sector Patrol of military ships keeps killing my space stations and ships for no apparent reason.

WTF is going on? This game has become unplayable until I can find out what the heck I am doing wrong.

Please advise, thank you.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Thu, 23. May 13, 06:30

Dropped you a PM. If you don't have an illegal stations, I might need to get a copy of your save to look and see what's going on.

Verahta

Post by Verahta » Sun, 26. May 13, 00:09

Thank you Steel for the fast patch you provided, fixed the illegal goods bug.

May I ask, is there any documentation on the mod? For example any docs on the new weapons, ships, sectors, etc?

If I run into any more bugs I will try to collect as much detail as I can for you.

Verahta

gunnery crews?

Post by Verahta » Sun, 26. May 13, 10:16

How do the gunnery crews work?

I bought some and put them on my M6 but I haven't noticed anything in the commands/console to suggest how to use them.

Verahta

Post by Verahta » Mon, 27. May 13, 23:32

I can't seem to get capturing Ship Debris to work haha. I fly near them but nothing happens, what do I need to do? *EDIT* solved it, I had to eject my pilot from my ship and fly myself in my space suit close to the ship. I found space station debris, but could not seem to get close enough to activate the capture messages, can space station debris be salvaged or is it just for looks?

My brother went to President's End after the story line event, and found a ship debris of an M2, Military Argon Titan. He captured it somehow, but isn't sure what he did to get control of it.

If anyone does the first few story line missions, when you are told to go talk to Ban on Argon One, you have to wait for one of it's fighters to leave or you can't do the mission because it's hanger bay is full of ships (25/25). So just wait for an enemy attack in Argon Prime and as soon as you see the fighters deploy, dock with Argon One and continue the mission.

Steel, is the weapon/shields installation a little touchy? Sometimes it seems like it doesn't want to work smoothly. You uninstall one weapon and then try to install it back and it keeps saying "none" and wont let you re-install it. Then you have to back out of the menus and go back in and try it again. It's not a big issue, just seems like it's a bit temperamental at times.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Wed, 29. May 13, 22:22

Verahta wrote:I can't seem to get capturing Ship Debris to work haha. I fly near them but nothing happens, what do I need to do? *EDIT* solved it, I had to eject my pilot from my ship and fly myself in my space suit close to the ship. I found space station debris, but could not seem to get close enough to activate the capture messages, can space station debris be salvaged or is it just for looks?
Station debris can't be captured currently, only ships.
Verahta wrote:My brother went to President's End after the story line event, and found a ship debris of an M2, Military Argon Titan. He captured it somehow, but isn't sure what he did to get control of it.

If anyone does the first few story line missions, when you are told to go talk to Ban on Argon One, you have to wait for one of it's fighters to leave or you can't do the mission because it's hanger bay is full of ships (25/25). So just wait for an enemy attack in Argon Prime and as soon as you see the fighters deploy, dock with Argon One and continue the mission.
That is something I hadn't considered. I'll see if I can get the ship to spawn with 1 slot free so the player can dock without issue.
Verahta wrote:Steel, is the weapon/shields installation a little touchy? Sometimes it seems like it doesn't want to work smoothly. You uninstall one weapon and then try to install it back and it keeps saying "none" and wont let you re-install it. Then you have to back out of the menus and go back in and try it again. It's not a big issue, just seems like it's a bit temperamental at times.
You can only change lasers in stations, rather than out in space currently. At least that's what I remember from FL4.0.4.

SteelRush
x4

Re: gunnery crews?

Post by SteelRush » Wed, 29. May 13, 22:23

Verahta wrote:How do the gunnery crews work?

I bought some and put them on my M6 but I haven't noticed anything in the commands/console to suggest how to use them.
Gunnery crews really don't do anything with all the changes. In the next version, I removed them outright.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Wed, 29. May 13, 22:25

Verahta wrote:Thank you Steel for the fast patch you provided, fixed the illegal goods bug.

May I ask, is there any documentation on the mod? For example any docs on the new weapons, ships, sectors, etc?

If I run into any more bugs I will try to collect as much detail as I can for you.
I've been wanting to put up a wiki with this information, and I'll try and get to that in the near future. It would coincide with the FL Omega version in the works.

Thumbaumba

Post by Thumbaumba » Sun, 28. Feb 16, 17:21

I sincerely apologise for being soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo late, however, i still occasionaly play X2 thus recently i accidentally discovered Firelance Mod for myself.
And as soon as i got my first power plant, i went into trouble: trere are absolutely no Station Management System commands in command console. If anyone still alive on this forum, can you suggest what am i doing wrong?

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”