Terradine: 2.1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Wed, 21. Sep 05, 03:27

Easily... remove the Tships file... and watch the map crash.

The handling I'm still tweaking, the weapons I'm still tweaking... It's all a matter of finding a balance.

RagX

Post by RagX » Tue, 27. Sep 05, 07:57

So when is the possible next update to your mod? I'm being mod-jumping-happy lately since none of the mods reach that "perfect" idea I've got, and I cant even script for the life of me to make my own :cry:

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Tue, 27. Sep 05, 15:55

I've been on the busy side lately. And I'm not realeasing the next version until I can get some new ships into it.

Matt Armada
x4

Post by Matt Armada » Tue, 27. Sep 05, 20:18

Wonderfull mod man, iv played it before, then died froms cript overuse, and now im guan try newer version...

As for new ships....hmm...ever thought of adding ships from the game freelancer?some of the ships *freighters* may fit in with the argon, and everyone has to love the liberity cruiser with tis wierd shaped front and way it fires......

Just attempting to help in the only way i can.....

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Fri, 30. Sep 05, 06:40

I've spent all day one something... But I have to ask everyone.

"Do you feel lucky?"

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Fri, 30. Sep 05, 11:21

omg, there's a lot of guns on this monster! :)
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

RagX

Post by RagX » Fri, 30. Sep 05, 12:23

please please please let this be a monster PLAYER-OWNABLE M0 please please please...

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Fri, 30. Sep 05, 16:27

I wish you know... However making the weapons points work would be a rather dubious task.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v430/ ... w/GvsM.jpg

The Mikagami too, especially with those invulnerable lighthawk wings deployed. Anyone want to give a try at programming a script that creates three semitransparent, industructable, luminestent objects that swing around and block incoming fire?

Moojah
x2

??

Post by Moojah » Tue, 4. Oct 05, 04:53

Okay, I just started up the Terradine mod and landed in Terracorp HQ. In the trading list there are two items called ReadText17-5833 and ReadText17-5893? What on earth are these things, and why aren’t their correct names displaying?

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Tue, 4. Oct 05, 07:38

Ah... the fifty million times asked question.

If you don't have milling's Adv Jumper package, go get it. If the readtexts remain... ignore them.

Moojah
x2

Post by Moojah » Tue, 4. Oct 05, 10:33

Okay, they are all in there anyway. Does the script editor need to be open for them to work?

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Sat, 8. Oct 05, 07:48

I'm not sure, I open it right away to work on things...

Anywho, I'm redoing the briefings and such for Terradine's missions since I found out Checker Two's going to do something cool in his next patch.

Tell me how this sounds guys.

Mission Success Jingle

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Sat, 8. Oct 05, 08:43

Moojah wrote:Okay, they are all in there anyway. Does the script editor need to be open for them to work?
No, the script editor does NOT need to be activated since the scripts arealready embedded in the universe files.

Dread
x3tc

Post by Dread » Sun, 9. Oct 05, 15:16

Tell me how this sounds guys.

Mission Success Jingle
:D
ATC I feel like a Golden Haired, WideJawed, Broad Shouldered Superhero when I listen to it. Jolly Good Show Old Chap.
Loving it :roll:

Paranoid Marvin
x4

Post by Paranoid Marvin » Mon, 10. Oct 05, 18:46

Just to take up a point I made a while ago.

Regarding inertial compensation.

ATC you are correct in the regards of the physics of why you would need inertial comps. However the only reason a pilot in a ship would require them is because the air surrounding his body does not support it.

This is very easily dealt with by filling the ship with a fluid, which since it is not compressible will translate the force of the acceleration to the entire ship structure. This combined with a tight fitting G-Suit as worn by modern pilots would be all that is required to compensate for Gs upwards of 15.

Please note modern jets are fully capable of pulling 6G turns these days without pilot blackout, on that point the Stuka (WW2 Dive Bomber) used to pull 9G turns at the bottom of its dive (the pilot inevitably blacked out, due to oxygen deprivation to the brain, but was otherwise unharmed).

Considering we already have 20th century technology fluid mediums which can be breathed by human (ie they go in the lungs, see the Abyss) I think it highly likely that any future exo-atmospheric craft required to pull high G manoeuvres is going to make use of this.

By the way Terradine rules, glad to see you took my advice and tried it Scoob (ya Welsh barsteward :wink: ).

Graxxus
x3

Post by Graxxus » Fri, 14. Oct 05, 04:17

Ok some feedback from what i've gathered so far. You may want to double check Tships with xstory.obj and galedit.obj. Noticed quite a few problems there when i checked them out...mainly just copy/paste bugs done with notepad maybe? Specifically the newer ships that were added have a few problems in Tships for example multiple listings for SS_SH_002 the first listing is a pirate ship second listing further down list is for the x wing...similar problems with all the newly added ships. Currently attempting to fix the problem on my side but for some odd reason the ships still show up as readtext after many attempts still working on it...lol.

Hard figuring out which scripts to run I'm assuming that Aegis gunnery script is not recommended to be installed with terradine. Any other signed bonus scripts that aren't recommended to be installed with Terradine? I made note of these conflicts milling mentioned much earlier in the thread:
AdvJumper:
"XaiCorporation Trade Command Software MK1" ?
"Mark's Patrol scripts Fight Command Software MkIII" ?
"XaiTec Towing device"
"Reven's Hired Gunnery Crews (deprecated soon)" ?
"Hull Repair System"
"Xai Corp. Remote Install/Uninstall Software"
"Spacefly tracker by Sherool"
"XaiCorporation Fleet Commander Software" <--- if this is you, then you should be able to to use the Xai software even without it installed

Carrier:
"Xai Corporation's IFF Jammer" ?

ECM:
"XaiCorporation Jumpdrive Command Software"
"Mapper by JumperBR"

Any other obvious conflicts I should be aware of? Mainly concerned with any conflicts with any of the signed scripts and any of the other scripts that are intended/planned for Terradine.

Can't wait to get actually playing the mod instead of just trying my best to find any bugs :lol:

Well I hope this helps. Going back to trying to fix what I messed up lol..ie those readtext errors for the new ships..still am somewhat of a newb when it comes to a lot of things in x2 modding. So this is a learning experience for me that I'm having fun with hehe. Oh yeah forgot to mention the errors I found were from the terradine 1.8 download with the music files...I'll try the other downloads and see if the packages are different...didn't think of that till now...problems are probably already fixed lol...but happy to help regardless :)

Update: checked the other 3 downloads same problems in tships and the obj files in the downloads for the main post sound and no sound version along with the page 39 temp download link.

Just got the ships to show up as they are supposed to...they were read text due to not loading the text file yet in a game...I can be a bit dense at times but at least I'm trying to understand this stuff a little better .:lol:

Now to make the new M1s TLs up the cargo a bit and add 125 mw shields to the lasertowers and satellites. Have already edited the obj files to allow for the additional M2 and M5 docking capabilities with patch 14.

Now its time to have some fun :twisted:
Last edited by Graxxus on Fri, 14. Oct 05, 09:41, edited 1 time in total.

Graxxus
x3

Post by Graxxus » Fri, 14. Oct 05, 06:46

Btw for anyone wanting to get rid of the readtext files in the equipment docks install these files found here:
MH_AdvJumper_v1_73
MH_Carrier_v1_22
MH_ECM_v1_01

Read post above this one for the known script conflicts.

Harlock776
x2

physics test

Post by Harlock776 » Sat, 15. Oct 05, 18:34

@Paranoid Marvin

The cockpit filled with fluid thing won't work here is why...

While you may stop the occupant from moving around you won't stop the effects of gravity from moving their organs around inside their body such as their brain for example smashing into the inside of their skull everytime they stop on a dime or make a sharp turn. Human brain isn't squished up against your skull you know it's just sitting in there. Organs are for the most part secure but can be moved around by extreme force.
You can't inject some fluid into a skulll to stop the brain from moving around because any kind of excess fluid on the brain will damage it.

The only thing that can compensate for g forces is some sort of inertial damper that somehow generates a field of some kind around the occupant and it's surroundings and keeps g forces from affecting anything inside that field. Since there is no such device we have to speculate on what it would be and what kind of field it would generate, I would have to think it would be some sort of magnetic field but thats just a guess.

This is the last time I will post this as it's so incredibly obvious... There is no gravity or g forces in space because there is nothing there to generate gravity which causes g forces. Without a source of gravity nearby, g forces cannot exist. Inertia can exist for any kind of extremely fast turing movement. Lets say you make a 360 turn in a space ship at 1000 mph. Anything that isn't solidly attached to something else will hesitate to move before whatever it's attached to moves for example, a brain will collide with the inside of the skull because it's not solidly attached it's just there and attached to some other things at it's base but there are no struts in there holding it in place etc so when you make the turn it will damage the brain and some other organs too because they hesitate to move as what they are attached to moves right away. That is one effect of inertia.

Gravity is generated by planets moons starts black holes and other celestial objects that are so large they have sufficient mass to generate the effects of gravity just like the earth does. When you pass near one of these things you will feel the effects of gravity but space is really huge and you don't have to pass by a celestial object if you don't want to. Also the amount of gravity generated by a planet or whatever is increased as you get closer to it. This is why the spae shuttle can orbit the earth because it can sit a certain distance away from earth and orbit around it for as long as it wants as long as it doesn't get too close. If it goes into a low orbit then it has to use thrusters to correct it's course more often and also to keep it from getting any closer because by the time it's in low orbit the effects of gravity are much greater.

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Sun, 16. Oct 05, 07:51

"This is the last time I will post this as it's so incredibly obvious... There is no gravity or g forces in space because there is nothing there to generate gravity which causes g forces. Without a source of gravity nearby, g forces cannot exist. Inertia can exist for any kind of extremely fast turing movement. "

Incorrect... and wrong.

Gravity is everywhere in known space. It propogates in all directions infinitely at the speed of light. However the pull effects only cause noticeable accellerations near large mass bodies, such as planets.

G Force is a measure of inertial accelleration in segments of 1 G or an accelleration of 9.8 m/s/s. It has no requirment for actual gravitational pull. It is used so people can understand what the accelleration forces are simplisticly to something they experience every day.

Now, the reason behind G forces linking, is because gravity shares a characteristic with accelleration. When you are sitting in your chair like you should be doing right now, you experience a one G downward pull. Conversely, the reason you can feel this, is because the ground is in the way, causing you to feel a continuous 1 G upwards accelleration. Your body keeps wanting to move through a path in space towards the center of gravity... a sort of inertial need... but the ground constantly keeps your body from following this path into the center of gravity, thus the ground is constantly pushing back and accellerating you away from this point. The thing you need to do is stop thinking of gravity as a bunch of magnets, and remember that gravity is the bending of spacetime.

And now for a thought experiment I posted on another board... It's shorthand of what's in the book I've got on all this stuff, but it's the best I could do without grabbing it and searching page by page through it.

George and gracie are moving in a complete void, seeing only blackness.

George and gracie feels 'at rest' and sees gracie approaching in the distance.

Incidently, gracie feels the same way, thinking SHE is at rest, and sees george approaching.

Who's in motion? Who's at rest?

Now, you can say either one or both... but with only them to tell you, what does it matter?

No, after passing gracie, George decides to turn around and hit his thrusters, remembering gracie still has his favorite Sasami cell drawing. His jetpack pushes on him with a force of one G. For sure now, George is in motion because he is undergoing accelleration.

Since his pack is on his back, george now feels as if he's laying down. The same feeling as if he were laying down in bed, being subjected to one Earth 'G' of gravitational force.

This accelleration, has such startlingly similar effects as gravity, that George mistakes his thrusterpack for the ground. They feel to him the same as when gravity is pulling him in, and the ground is pushing back. Yet the ground is not moving towards you at any given point, so why do you accellerate towards it? If the ground is pushing back, and you feel the accelleration similar to George's thrusterpack, one could say the ground is constantly causing you to accellerate off your natural course by a rate of one Earth G. Thus your course is always straight through space, but gravity curves space and compresses it towards high mass points, so your course APPEARS to turn.

Thus we have the link between gravity and accelleration.

MageKingS70
x4

Post by MageKingS70 » Thu, 20. Oct 05, 01:37

AdmiralTigerclaw wrote:Incorrect... and wrong.
I see while I was gone your English hasn't improved. ;)

in·cor·rect (adj.)
Not correct; erroneous or wrong: an incorrect answer.

Nice "mission complete" fanfare. A bit ostentous, but that's okay.

Also, you guys need to stop beating a dead horse. If the game had realistic physics this discussion might be worthwhile, but it doesn't, so it isn't. The most important thing should therefore be gameplay. So... when do we get to see that turret-covered monster implemented?

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”