Terradine: 2.1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Suicidemoon
x3tc

Post by Suicidemoon » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 09:35

would u have a updated map? the one i have in the zip has no labels.
"Youth is happy because it has the ability to
see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability
to see beauty never grows old." Franz Kafka

Suicidemoon
x3tc

Post by Suicidemoon » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 03:20

Are there any gamma kyons for sale in this mod? a simple yes/no is good, i dont need the location.

why would u buy a m2 khaak without the gammas?

and M3s dont have weapons..... so no real use in buying those.
"Youth is happy because it has the ability to
see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability
to see beauty never grows old." Franz Kafka

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Thu, 2. Feb 06, 09:54

I don't remember if I put Gamma Kyons in... so given my state of understanding, it's probably a 'NO'.

I would buy a Khaak M2?

Since Khaak weapons are toned down a bit... (Well, actually shields are more effective so Khaak weapons aren't as lethal as they were.)

Suicidemoon.

From the descriptions of your problems, you're not playing with 1.7 or 1.8 but an older version. We had trouble getting the bumpmapping to work on the USAF aircraft in an earlier version, so the latest ones, that was dissabled. Also, if you're running the correct version, the map should function correctly as long as the mod is selected.

Also, the 1.4 BONUS scripts package... Don't use it. Not with Terradine... especially the AEGIS and gunnery scripts. They totally mess up the rebalanced capital ship weapons. When the guns I have programed to fire once every two seconds (G-PPCs) fire three times a second, that messes the balance up completely, especially when a broadside of these can pretty much tear a ship apart.

Now... finally, the hang up your experience with the game when docking is a player side problem. (Never locked up on me or Nuke.) Probably something conflicting in your scripts selection dealing with those docks. *Tends to be unique from PC to PC...* Judging from the description, a script you have is hitting an infinite loop in the code with no working break in the loop. This results in the piece of code taking up all processor usage resulting in the system grinding to a halt with no way to terminate the process.

str1n9
x2

Post by str1n9 » Fri, 10. Mar 06, 20:12

Tried out Terradine and liked it - worked fine for a while, then message log went wrong - every time I try to go into it, the game freezes.
Did a fresh install of X2 - upgraded to 1.4 - Upgraded AL - Upgraded Copy protection - Bonus package (without Gun Crews and Fusion thing) - MH's 3 scripts - and get the same thing - anybody know what's clashing?

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Sun, 12. Mar 06, 18:52

I don't know what to tell you... I'm not a coder and can't read code without staring at it four hours to get an idea of what it's doing. The best I would suggest is to go through one at a time putting in each script and playing, and seeing if you lock up.

Also, to ensure you are getting a lockup, and not ultimate bogdown, let it run for an hour or so to see if it changes.

For example, the pirate invasion code, if it isn't fixed, eventually causes such a massive buildup of pirate activity that even my mighty system grinds to a halt. I should talk to nuke about that.

str1n9
x2

Post by str1n9 » Mon, 20. Mar 06, 12:16

Thanks for that - already found a simple work-round - I just keep clearing the message log regularly - looks as if somethings producing repeated messages that fill up the log - can't read the repeat messages, they're just numbers - the normal station messages work OK

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Sun, 9. Apr 06, 08:15

Post the numbers displayed.... I doubt it's random output.

It's probably something in a script that wasn't cleaned up and was used for debugging. For example, some scripts in the test phase had outputs to the log file set up so the coder could check what the script was putting out.

bigJroxmyjox
x3tc

Post by bigJroxmyjox » Tue, 25. Apr 06, 07:41

I had that problem too (not in Terradine though), it's the autojumper script. It writes loads of measurements for the hyperjump to the logbook. You should be able to find the line that causes it quite easily.

Proffessor
x4

Where can i get Teredine Uni from

Post by Proffessor » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 16:47

hey been readin mods topic n the teradine idea sounds cool jsut 1 prob i cant find link to download anywhewre, can anybody help me???

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Wed, 9. Aug 06, 23:47

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Fri, 25. Aug 06, 16:17

Well, I just pulled out the stuff and started working on Terradine again. I've already added a ship and with Nuke's assistance, fixed the problem with the pirate invasion script so that captures wouldn't be a problem. (I suggested all it needed was a single check on the owning race... and he told me how to code it, and where to code it.)

Now, I wanna hear again from whomever's still playing, do you want the 1.7 fighter controls back? (Which means hand tuning of 90 or so individual variables...) Or will 1.8 fighters work?

After that, I'll package up the remaining suggested scripts with the mod and call it 2.0

NEW SHIP:

Boron Reef Home
"No, not the variant of Calamari ship from Star Wars, but a retrofitted Boron Orca, removing many of the luxuries of the TL in favor of space. It moves like a slug, had very little shielding, and half the docking slots, but three times the cargo capacity. (And three times the price-tag.) It however cannot hold Station Container class cargo. The Reef Home is a mobile supply base, just what a large factory supply layout or a fleet needs when you need extra space for your resources.

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Thu, 31. Aug 06, 08:23

It's out people, those of you who still play X2, I now release Terradine version 2.0 in all its chopshop glory. See the very first post for an exact copy of the readme and the download link, which I will put here too.

http://muyo.org/atc/Terradine_2.0.rar

Cantankerous
x3tc

Post by Cantankerous » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 06:48

I just downloaded it and I'm in love. It looks superb! It may be a glitch in my version, but there was one weirdness...the Gate to the Anomoly (north Gate from HoL sector) announces itself as the Gate to Argon Prime... or is there something I'm doing wrong?

Isshia
Not quite a newbie anymore, but still able to ask the most stultifyingly silly assed questions imaginable.

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 08:20

Just ignore the computer voice. That's a packaged sound file which has a time event call to it. To alter it would require me to have someone voice every spoken phrase in the file, compress it, and write an entire new timecall file. Trust me, that's one thing that is NOT going to happen, it'd be a logistical nightmare as far as keeping track of things.

The Jakal
x2

Post by The Jakal » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 12:01

Just wondering I wanty to try your script but alreasy have aegis and gunnery (well 1.4 bonus plugh in but I think they were the only 2 you said I need to disable) scripts running how do i disable them? Oh and will Al pirate modification scrtipt work with it (cant remember exactg name).

Thanks

The Jakal
The Jakal

FACTS Enlisted Solider
Follow link below

[ external image ]

Gouranga Man
xr

Post by Gouranga Man » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 20:47

where do i get the laser tower weapons from for my carrier? or is the real question HOW do i get laser tower weapons for my carrier?

If the answer is in this topic then apologies as i have not read it all (49 pages is alot to sift through).
thanks
Nils Illigitimi Carberundumb, Nirvana, Gouranga

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 22:28

Which carrier? LT weapons should be in LTs only.

And to remove the Aegis, you have to run the installation file for the bonus plug ins, uncheck the Aegis and gunnery crews, and then start a new game. That's the easy way.

Gouranga Man
xr

Post by Gouranga Man » Thu, 7. Sep 06, 12:36

the soverign super carrier can have ion disrupters in the tront guns and all other turrents can have laser tower weapons
i'll find a screenie to show you.

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Thu, 7. Sep 06, 17:10

You don't need a screenshot. I believe you. Now that I think about it, it's probably some old settings from Harlock's mod, he gave me the model after all. Since they didn't really bother anything, I never bothered to fix them.

Maybe I should.

Gouranga Man
xr

Post by Gouranga Man » Thu, 7. Sep 06, 19:32

I do have to say the mod is fantastic.. Is there any extra missions added on. Having great funn blowing the smeg out of pirate bases with my massive destroyer fleet.

how do you use the "project warpholes" i have managed to project them (comes with some dance music. :P ) but they dont seem to do anything?

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”