milling_hordesman's script page

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

StormSinger
x4

Post by StormSinger » Wed, 28. Sep 05, 17:56

I was using 1.72. Some of the ships did fly out for several seconds before jumping, but it was random at best, and eventually they jumped within the dock.
A couple of them even jumped back close enough to the station that they collided with it (this was far less common).

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Thu, 29. Sep 05, 00:00

That's a weird problem indeed. I've never had it. The collision avoidance built in the system is supposed to check if the ship is within X range of ANY object, and if it is, 'set position' so that it is away from the object for the jump. In the case of a station, even if it's in the docking tube, the first thing it should do is suddenly 'appear' in a different spot before even going through orientation. And even then, if it wants to fly right through the station, it should 'set position' over and over until it clears the station. (Which also results in a thunderous number of microhops going off in your ear if you're in range of the sound.) It should NEVER collide. Are you by chance using SETA at the time?

StormSinger
x4

Post by StormSinger » Thu, 29. Sep 05, 01:25

Nope, and I've never had them hit anything else... ever.

If they dock at a carrier or TL, no problem. Even when a fairly large group of ships jumps to the same target to dock, I've never had them bounce off each other (impressive, actually).

I'll try it again with the updated version.

RagX

Post by RagX » Thu, 29. Sep 05, 01:34

:roll: everyone expected you were on 1.73, so we were wondering what was up.

BTW, I found one conflict with the advjumper: Dont try it with any navigational software scripts, or else they'll conflict.
*EDIT: another conflict. Overwrites Mark's Wing/Patrol/Resupply script by taking the place of Fight Command Mk3.

RagX

Post by RagX » Sat, 1. Oct 05, 09:55

Not to double-post but I figured out how to de-conflict both Mark's Patrol/Wing scripts and AdvJumper 1.73. If you're interested MH I'll PM you the corrections I've made

StormSinger
x4

Post by StormSinger » Sat, 1. Oct 05, 11:31

Fixing the conflicts with the Patrol scripts were easy, but they were also conflicting with the Xai Advanced Combat AI, so I had to sort that out too... along with a few others.

They seem to be happy now.

RagX

Post by RagX » Sat, 1. Oct 05, 11:54

scratch my offer on fixing advjumper, looks like I've botched both scripts to obscurity.

StormSinger, mind forum-PM me your corrections for Marks and AdvJumper?

StormSinger
x4

Post by StormSinger » Sat, 1. Oct 05, 23:55

I would, but I'm not sure they'd be of much help to you in my case. I was working around 4 other scripts that were inter-conflicting.

I ran the conlfict program several times and just picked out each one and re-numbered it until there were no further conflicts. I still have a "read text" issue with the slope tension device and HRS, but they work just fine.

RagX

Post by RagX » Sun, 2. Oct 05, 04:15

Doesnt matter, I'd still like to take a look and see what I'm doing is right in just changing the numbers in the t files and not bother with the scripts themselves.

LaserEye
x3tc

Advjumper

Post by LaserEye » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 13:30

ok i really like your Advjumper. makes traveling between the vast of space faster by alot. Anyways my question is how do i stop the script from overloading my logbook to the point it crashs the game???

Edit: Believe it or not. After I posted this i went back in and i found what was doing it.

Line 88 of the mhordes.autojump.xml
It writes to the logbook the distance from your ship to the "gate" when your ship goes to jump.
now have that script running for 44 ships for an hour and you soon find yourself waiting 10 minutes for your logbook to open.

to fix just grey it out by pressing the period button. :D

Topchris

Post by Topchris » Sat, 14. Jan 06, 01:15

Can you rewrite your ECM script for X3? Possibly could you also create an ECCM (Master of Orion Style)?

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Sat, 22. Jul 06, 07:58

The ECM's code is actually a rather oddball piece to work with.

It's been a while, but if I remember, it goes something like this....

It contains a command that gets all missiles targeting the ECM's owning ship. It then does a range check and a several 'snapshots' a second. Using this snapshots, it builds the trajectory of the missile(s) heading for you, then performs an IF check.

If the missile is inside X range, it performs a random number call.

Depending on the numeric range of the random number results... the missile is given a 'set position' command and it's location changed.

What it does when viewed from a player perspective... is that the missile approaches you, and if the ECM is effective... it suddenly teleports to a different spot at the last second before impact, resulting in it having to turn around and come back for you again. If you fly straight, even that won't save you if the teleportation doesn't move it much... so you mix it up with a bit of manuevering and what you have is an effective simulation of duping the missile with ECM.

If you recognize that and apply it to including an ECCM package. You have to realize that's going to involve a whole new set of checks in the ECM code to see if the attacker has the ECCM components active, apply them to the calculating, and make it work.

Before the random number call, a check would have to be made.
Now, if we can attatch scripts to missiles now, we can find a way to buy ECCM packages for individual missiles. (The missile itself has to have the ECCM package.) Otherwise, we have to find some way to butter up the fiction to sound plausable.

Anyway, after the 'attacker' (missile/or vehicle.) is checked and has an ECCM package. An alternate version of the random number call and result is utilized. What occures is that the ranges used to determine if/how much to change the missile's SET POS command are set more in favor of leaving the missile alone. (Where as the normal ECM script has more ranges in favor of the SET POS command.)

This would simulate the missile 'seeing through' the ECM.

Easy enough in logic... but I'll bet you it's a B*TCH to code.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 26. Jul 06, 15:27

Topchris wrote:Can you rewrite your ECM script for X3? Possibly could you also create an ECCM (Master of Orion Style)?
I've made an ECM system for X3 already

PeteM

Question re MH Carrier Refit

Post by PeteM » Fri, 12. Sep 08, 16:53

I downloaded this a year or so ago and it's fantastic (best carrier sound effects ever!) but I can't for the life of me remember where I got it from now - does anyone know if there was ever a later release of this? I think the version I have is 1.1

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Fri, 12. Sep 08, 23:07

try page 1 first post :wink:

EDIT: didn't notice it had been moved
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Fri, 30. Jan 09, 01:16

Hello, I'm actually trying to port this wonderful script to X3:TC

I know millling_hordesman hasn't been active for 2 years now but I'm asking anyway if i can use and convert his code to X3:TC

Regards

Battlemeister
xr

Post by Battlemeister » Tue, 19. Jan 16, 08:41

relinks form my archive:
Advanced Hyperdrive Ver 1.7: http://www.mediafire.com/download/989c6 ... _v1_74.zip

containing folder is:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/vdgv0qmf30nmc/X2_files
has several other scripts and a flyable AP gunner that i got.. somewhere a long time ago, cannot remember the authors >.<

random fact, from memory, i think i got the X2 version of the advanced jumper working in X3 though sheer ignorance back then (didn't realise it probably shouldn't work)
Suddenly,in a quirk of fate,the jumpgate malfunctioned and louped in on itself:Entering gate.....Entering sector:Dannas chance''huh?''...Entering gate..."WTH?Entering sector:Dannas chance"HELP!!!"

diegonv40

Re: milling_hordesman's script page

Post by diegonv40 » Thu, 15. Jul 21, 19:18

Hi, im updated the mod mh_adv_jumper_1.74 to run in X3 Reunion.
I tried installing the x2 mod in x3, it worked but the wares id used were the same than the used in other mods (from bonus pack). And now the freejump requires a jumpdrive (see readme). I dont know so much about scripting, but changed the ware numbers, and added few lines to require the jumpdrive. About the forum, i hope i dont break any rule, there is the link:

https://mega.nz/file/7c0lCKoD#RcQvXAe7y ... AqGMn_k-3g
edited new link: now has compatibility with xtended mod, changed auto-jump command to 1245 (from 1224)

(If anyone want to upload to xdownloads, could be much better so the link dont expires)

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”