Top Gun Mod V2.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sat, 25. Jul 09, 16:06

If Harlock makes those things any bigger im gonna show him the backhander lol.

You could try downloading the one from pandora not sure there would be much difference.

J Terranova
x3tc

Post by J Terranova » Thu, 10. Sep 09, 05:35

yet another problem with top gun's solar stations besides the one in the wall... Some TC ships, specially the paranid ones, seem to get stuck comming out of my station, they just keep bouncing off the outer edge of the disc thingy, and they just get stuck there until they ultimatly blow up...
it's rather annoying, and i want to know if anyone has the same problem.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Thu, 10. Sep 09, 15:14

Seen as 2.7 is just a beta of 3.0 then these problems everyone should expect. This will not occur if you are out the sector, so try not going into heavy built sectors.

J Terranova
x3tc

Post by J Terranova » Fri, 11. Sep 09, 04:29

anyone knows when 3.0 is out?... and if the exploding solar stations on the wall are fixed on that version?... lol im sorry but it's been games i dont walk into the wall... i dont even have it marked on my universe map on this new game.

also, the problem with the TS (i wrote them as TC in the previous post by mistake) happen on Cloudbase Southwest, where i have my solar station. Does it only happens when i am IN the sector, or does it also happens with a Nav Sat present, because i have one there for lookout on Khaak ships. If nav sats contribute to the problem, i guess i would have to retrieve it and deploy it elsewere (or even sell it)

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Fri, 11. Sep 09, 04:53

Any collision will only occur IN sector (IS). If collisions occured outside the game it would have to load every sector at once which would be a job for a super computer lol.

3.0 I am not sure when it will be out and have not spoken to Harlock for sometime. He was sorting out his computer last I heard.

Chris Gi
x3tc

Post by Chris Gi » Fri, 11. Sep 09, 10:01

The problem with collisions can't be solved unless Egosoft releases another patch that adresses this issue (which I'm sure they won't do).
To be precise, this problem occurs if a ship starts from a station while you're outside the sector, and you jump into the sector soon after.
Out of sector the size of the station is reported wrong and the flight path is computed with the reported size as basis. As soon as you jump into the sector, the size of the station is derived from the actual model.
If the ship has a position near the station, the flight path is no longer correct, but the game engine obviously doesn't know this.

I don't know if a nav sat does have any effect on this, but I doubt it.

There may be a way to work around this collision issue in The Wall. I could write some scripts to move the stations to a safe position. Anyone interested? And are there any other stations that explode?
--------------------------------

[ external image ]

J Terranova
x3tc

Post by J Terranova » Fri, 11. Sep 09, 19:14

thanks chris, for both the explanation and offering your hand to solve the wall. I've travelled pretty much far and wide on the universe and the only exploding stations i've encountered (or noticed) are those power plants on the wall.

the colliding TS ships wouldnt bother me at all, if the paranid goverment wouldnt blame it on ME when their pilots crash on my station by stupidity. every once in a while i check my status, and i notice their relations to decrease little by little... it certanly isnt my fault their pilots cant tell up from down. :lol:

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sun, 13. Sep 09, 01:48

yes flight pathing can be a nuisance. I find it best to just stay out of sectors that you heavily populate.

Chris Gi
x3tc

Post by Chris Gi » Fri, 18. Sep 09, 13:29

Sorry for the delay, but I have been really busy these last days.

Anyway, here is a small script package that will correct the position of some stations:

TGM - StationCorrection
ReadMe wrote: Correction of station position for Top Gun Mod, Version 2.7
---------------------------------------------------------------

Top Gun Mod introduces some station that are much bigger than those of the standard X2 version.
Because on some maps different stations are too near to each other, some of them explode.
This script package does fix the station position on all maps. It doesn't replace already exploded
stations, it just moves existing stations.

You don't have to enable the script editor - the scripts start automatically.
The first time you start a new game or load a save game, the scripts will start working and correct
the position of any misplaced stations. After a few minutes you get a (very simple) message. This means,
that all positions are corrected and that it is safe (in terms of colliding stations) to travel to any
sector without the risk of exploding stations.

Attention:
This script package is only intended for Top Gun Mod V 2.7. If you use another mod, please renove the
scripts from the scripts-folder of your X2-directory (at least you have to remove the script
setup.tgm.corrected.stations.xml).

Installation:
Copy all files from the scripts-folder to the X2 scripts folder (by default:
C:\Program Files\EGOSOFT\X2 - The Threat\scripts).

De-Installation:
You have to manually remove the following scripts from the X2 scripts folder:
plugin.tgm.check.position.xml
plugin.tgm.check.station.xml
plugin.tgm.check.universe.xml
plugin.tgm.get.size.xml
setup.tgm.corrected.stations.xml
I hope everything works as well for you as it did for me.
Have fun!

[ external image ]

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sun, 20. Sep 09, 00:59

Great stuff Chris :D

J Terranova
x3tc

Post by J Terranova » Sat, 26. Sep 09, 01:49

wow, thanks chris. i havent tried it yet, but im sure it'll work like a charm!

[Edit] works just like so. I just jumped on the wall on my new game, and no exploding stations anymore! they're THIS close, but not exploding. awesome work chris, thanks! :o

Chris Gi
x3tc

Post by Chris Gi » Sun, 28. Feb 10, 22:05

Top Gun Mod V3.0 released

Harlock has released the newest (and as it seems last) version of Top Gun Mod.

Here's the description he sent to me:
Harlock wrote: Here is a list of whats new in the mod.

The tshadows and tshadowswithlimits files are GONE! those files were crashing the game for many people and the game picks up the shadows specified bodies anyway.

I was not sending an init script with the mod which would normally activate the argon starbase stuff for the player. That script is now included with the mod and install instructions have been updated for it.

Fixed the argon solar power plant to be lower poly and smaller size, it's actually just a wee bit bigger than the spp from version 2.5 but definitely smaller than the one in version 2.7, also all argon spp have been properly spaced out on the map so no more exploding argon spp:-)

Overhauled the argon sovereign again, this time it's the original mesh except for some very very minor changes, things like position light housings fixed and some hidden polys deleted, This time there is no open docking bay to fly into, the docking point has been tested properly just outside of the docking bay doors and all ships in the mod can dock and undock properly. I think the collision avoidance was going nuts whenever a player changed ship and didn't hit the gas immediately. Also the original textures and their original 2048x2048 size are used this time, quality is so much better now with those original textures.

The sovereign finally has a bridge! it's the default game mesh and textures from bridge commander pc game though:-( Couldn't find a good custom mesh that looked better, was holding out for a user of bridge commander central forums by the name of captain storma but he never shared his work so it was the default or none. Looks ok but man it's hard to fly while inside the ship because the viewscreen is supposed to be the only view outside. I did change the ceiling to look like some kind of viewscreen though so it should help with fighting other capships. Nothings worse than the game AI trying a DFA maneuver on ya:-)

Well thats about it for the update, I wanted to update the paranid capships, make it possible for the xenons to talk, add in those m3+ series of ships, make some light TL class ships etc but I feel like it's time I got into X3 and maybe do that stuff in a mod for X3 instead.
For more information, visit us at
X2-Pandora-Forum

Or get it directly from here

[ external image ]

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Mon, 1. Mar 10, 15:57

Captain Harlock of the Pirate Galleon Shadowtek, may you rest in peace.

Atleast untill you come back to mod X3.

NavaCorp
x3tc

Post by NavaCorp » Wed, 3. Mar 10, 15:06

Thanks for this final gift, Captain Harlock! :D :thumb_up: :x2:

dathion
x3

Post by dathion » Thu, 4. Mar 10, 01:08

any one try V3.0 yet? how is it doing I have to wait till the weekend :(

hunter5678

!!!

Post by hunter5678 » Thu, 4. Mar 10, 20:54

pardon mine English.

This modification is thievish.
In this modification have ships from star trek,Babylon 5.
Try to understand me,modification is good,but ideas is alien.
But,remainder ideas is good.Hydrida or white star.Xenon M2 K,it cube.
It is bad.Cranium is everywhere, on every ships,it is bad.
But modification basically is good. Вавилон 5.
Постарайтесь меня понять, модификацию хорошо, но идея чужда.
Но остальная идей good.Hydrida или белый star.Xenon M2 К, куб.
Это bad.Cranium везде, на всех судах, это плохо.
Но изменения в основном хорошее.

SuicidePilot

Post by SuicidePilot » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 18:30

I got version 3.0 Works great i only found one slight problem..... docking the Sovereign and Star Destroyer can be a problem....i forget which sector but theres one where a Trading station gets in the way of docking on Autopilot.

Ill try to find what sector it was..... other than that its awsome. Like the new sounds those are cool

*EDIT* Its the sector where you get teh Sovereign so if you try to dock at that shipyard with a cap ship ether have Docking computer or blow up the trading station (Isnt wise)

guyver24

Post by guyver24 » Sat, 31. Jul 10, 14:21

where can i download this mod cant find anywhere

SuicidePilot

Post by SuicidePilot » Sat, 31. Jul 10, 20:07

@ guyver24 check the previous page and theres a Post by Chris Gi that has a link

guyver24

Post by guyver24 » Tue, 3. Aug 10, 23:56

thanks very much shame my laptop wont run it its to slow

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”