Top Gun Mod V2.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

cheakytoast
x3tc

Post by cheakytoast » Fri, 24. Jul 09, 16:52

I'm using V1.4, haven't updated to 1.5... i heard it doesn't work on that (i might be wrong :P)

I looked through the scripts i have and i also found the Pirate M6 script (I don't think caused it) but also the race wars one where races can 'take over' sectors.
I think that might have something to do with it.
What do you guys think?

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Fri, 24. Jul 09, 17:13

I use race wars myself and did not have that problem. Although 2.7 is a beta it usually worked well without any issues. I wonder if a new install of the mod would work.

Chris Gi
x3tc

Post by Chris Gi » Fri, 24. Jul 09, 17:26

I haven't tested TopGun on X2 1.5, but Pandora. I found no problem except that you loose the uplink functionality (it's no use on mods anyway, maybe it's due to the mod).

The Race war plugin might explain those Xenon ships (I'm not sure though), but not the Argon One incident.
From your description it seems the Argon One might be inside the planet. Now it tries to get back to the sector, but can't do this because it is locked inside the planet (the planet just consists of a surface, it's not filled, so there's much space for a ship to fly - and jump 1000 km. If you target the Argon One and look at this direction - does it look as if it's inside or behind the planet?

And another idea: Are there any unusual objects seen on a sector map? A ship that comes with the mod perhaps? Try to target any unusual object and press F3. Sometimes you might see something very unusual, like you look at the sector from very far away....
--------------------------------

[ external image ]

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Fri, 24. Jul 09, 17:39

Well the Argon One can't be destroyed can't it?... and even then in Galaxy editor you can get sucked into the planet if you set it too close. So I'm guessing that an attack occured from Race Wars some of the ships may of flown off an the Argon One followed?... the invading ships would of been destroyed after coming too close the planet but the Argon One would survive.

That's the only explanation I have at the moment.

cheakytoast
x3tc

Post by cheakytoast » Fri, 24. Jul 09, 18:19

I can't tell if the argon one is stuck behind the planet becuase when i press 'T' it will jump randomly from north to east to south to west and carry on doing that so i can't try and get a look at it not to mention it gets about 1000km away every second.

Normally Argon Prime is full of capital ships since they build them up to attack other races, there would normally be atleast 5 Titans
All other M1,2,6's were also gone (Except that colossus) its possible they all tried to follow a enemy ship and as you said got trapped in the planet or something?
I'm playing in Extreme mode so there's no story plot. I thought the argon one could die in this mode?

I'll try to recreate this once i get home and maybe post some pics or a short clip on youtube.

cheakytoast
x3tc

Post by cheakytoast » Fri, 24. Jul 09, 18:27

I'm not really sure how to word this since i know absolutely nothing about x2 modding/scripting.

But i think that the computer thinks the argon one is actually doing it's normal thing (patroling argon prime) because when i roll the mouse (it normally selects the closest ship) it targets the argon one which is 1000000km's away, That's how i found the argon one. Is it possible their are other ships out there still, jumping around or slowly making it's way back like the mammoth that jumped 400km away from the sector?

cheakytoast
x3tc

Post by cheakytoast » Fri, 24. Jul 09, 18:33

Chris Gi wrote:From your description it seems the Argon One might be inside the planet. Now it tries to get back to the sector, but can't do this because it is locked inside the planet (the planet just consists of a surface, it's not filled, so there's much space for a ship to fly - and jump 1000 km. If you target the Argon One and look at this direction - does it look as if it's inside or behind the planet?
The ship looked as if it's in a fight since the shields and weapons are fluctuating.

Do you know if it would do that if it was in a planet/sun?

Chris Gi
x3tc

Post by Chris Gi » Fri, 24. Jul 09, 18:35

That's really strange. If the Argon One is so far away, you shouldn't be possible to select it with the mouse....

It seems your X2 is totally messed up...???? Sorry, I don't have any idea...

[ external image ]

cheakytoast
x3tc

Post by cheakytoast » Fri, 24. Jul 09, 18:44

Oh well... I suppose i'll have to uninstall and reinstall. Do you think i should reinstall the topgun mod? i don't want to spend ages on the game to have it crash and having to reinstall it again. :\

Also do you know if there's a fix for the SPP being too big? The only power plant i can put down is the paranid one since it's small enough. Not to mention the 2 SPP that goes KABOOM in 'The Wall' :lol:

Chris Gi
x3tc

Post by Chris Gi » Fri, 24. Jul 09, 18:53

No, I don't think you need to reinstall X2.

Before you do anything else, you should try the following:
Leave the sector and stay some time out of the sector. Maybe everything returns to normal. Out of sector the scripts work slighlty different....

Do you still have a save game from before this whole mess started? That could help too...

[ external image ]

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Fri, 24. Jul 09, 22:03

Wait, wait, wait. There is a possible solution. Do this as the last resort though. We're all going to find it rather amusing lol.

Throw in 20x Khaak Destroyers... then leave it running while you are out the sector... destroy all the stations with a destroy command and let the spawned Argon and Khaak duke it out. You want the Khaak to win however.

I heat Chris Gi saying "how the F%ck will that help"...

All major stations and such WILL respawn. The Argon One hopefully will respawn or get out of its glitch when out of sector. Create a Khaak owned station in the center of Argon Prime... that will make the all Argon ships attack it. Eventually the Argon One being immortal will destroy all Khaak ships but the race wars ones will die... be sure to also turn off race wars in teh AL Plugin... you can switch it back on later if you want.

Now theoretically this should work... do it as a last choice operation so you dont have to reinstall if it works. If it does work, tell me you love me... if it doesn't atleast give me a head start to run.

cheakytoast
x3tc

Post by cheakytoast » Sat, 25. Jul 09, 00:26

Sorry to be a pain in the arse but i've got another problem now.

I decided the only way to get rid of these strange glitches is to reinstall everything and keep scripts/mods to the bare minimum :(

So now i've uninstalled and reinstalled X2 v1.4 and reinstalled the topgun mod 2.7, no other mods/scripts yet and i keep getting this weird glitch where the equipment docks and the terracorp HQ are pretty much invisible (only a small part of the station is shown) and i know it's not a huge glitch but it's making docking quite scary since i'll be docking into well... nothing. The station is there since i accidently rammed my discover into it :o that's how i relised that there was something wrong in the first place :P

any idea's with this one? Hopefully it's happened alot and it's a simple fix *crosses fingers*

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sat, 25. Jul 09, 00:40

Nope this one I dont think has happened either lol. It deffinately sounds like a corrupted model. Where did you download this from again?

cheakytoast
x3tc

Post by cheakytoast » Sat, 25. Jul 09, 08:52

Shadowtek's website :|

I thought that would be the place to download it

Chris Gi
x3tc

Post by Chris Gi » Sat, 25. Jul 09, 11:08

Yes, it's the original and this means the best place - if it works for you....

I don't have this issue either - everythings fine.

BTW, what do you mean by that:
The only power plant i can put down is the paranid one since it's small enough.
There's no fix atm for the exploding SPPs in The Wall that I know of. The SPPs have to be moved on the map...

[ external image ]

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sat, 25. Jul 09, 16:06

If Harlock makes those things any bigger im gonna show him the backhander lol.

You could try downloading the one from pandora not sure there would be much difference.

J Terranova
x3tc

Post by J Terranova » Thu, 10. Sep 09, 05:35

yet another problem with top gun's solar stations besides the one in the wall... Some TC ships, specially the paranid ones, seem to get stuck comming out of my station, they just keep bouncing off the outer edge of the disc thingy, and they just get stuck there until they ultimatly blow up...
it's rather annoying, and i want to know if anyone has the same problem.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Thu, 10. Sep 09, 15:14

Seen as 2.7 is just a beta of 3.0 then these problems everyone should expect. This will not occur if you are out the sector, so try not going into heavy built sectors.

J Terranova
x3tc

Post by J Terranova » Fri, 11. Sep 09, 04:29

anyone knows when 3.0 is out?... and if the exploding solar stations on the wall are fixed on that version?... lol im sorry but it's been games i dont walk into the wall... i dont even have it marked on my universe map on this new game.

also, the problem with the TS (i wrote them as TC in the previous post by mistake) happen on Cloudbase Southwest, where i have my solar station. Does it only happens when i am IN the sector, or does it also happens with a Nav Sat present, because i have one there for lookout on Khaak ships. If nav sats contribute to the problem, i guess i would have to retrieve it and deploy it elsewere (or even sell it)

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Fri, 11. Sep 09, 04:53

Any collision will only occur IN sector (IS). If collisions occured outside the game it would have to load every sector at once which would be a job for a super computer lol.

3.0 I am not sure when it will be out and have not spoken to Harlock for sometime. He was sorting out his computer last I heard.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”