Double_Shadows editor prob Plz assist

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

strat
x3

Double_Shadows editor prob Plz assist

Post by strat » Wed, 25. Aug 04, 22:32

Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:40 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

I looked at unpacking the .cat/dat thingys, brainache ensued. I then discovered you do not need to with this with doulbleshadows editor which suited me fine cause I have little to no idea, actually no idea how to navigate from the command promt thing from "start/run". I'm guessing that the editor ain't compatible with 1.4. This is what I get when I try to run the editor.

x2vfs_init file not found x2vfs.dll

any ideas.

I have the latest version plus patch from his site. It also seems the DLL file exists in the folder as version 1.0.0.3

Strat...

ps I have posted this in " how easy is it to increase speed" thread but this has additional info.

Thanks
Strat...
Einstein rules relativity,
Well in theory at least.

Read on a public loo wall.

strat
x3

Post by strat » Thu, 26. Aug 04, 18:53

Sorry I mean when I run Doulbleshadows editor I get this error message.

As above

And I mean I cannot seem to grasp how to navigate from the command prompt to C drive egosoft etc. Which is the part I get brain ache, invalid command bull.
Please explain in laymans terms how to work the supported editor or the other, everything else seems to make sence from Burianks tutorial but the assumption that I know how to navigate. Which I don't.
/cd:c:/programfiles/egosoft. I have not messed with Dos since the 80's.

Strat...
Well in theory at least.

Rallan
x3tc

Post by Rallan » Fri, 27. Aug 04, 16:36

The error message means you need to install the C runtime file (avaliable from the same website). You should be prompted to download this file when installing the editor, you may also need the VB6 runtime files.
The editor is a GUI with drop down menus so no dos commands or typing should be necessary. When you get the editor installed properly repost or PM me and i'll try to help you further.

R.Allan.

strat
x3

Post by strat » Sat, 28. Aug 04, 10:02

Thanks, I should have re-posted here to let people know that both Burianek and doulble_shadow PMed me and the problem has been sorted.
I'm now the proud owner of a nova that can keep up with the fleet, increased speed to 240. Not to drastic as I had been warned that if it was to fast it would f'cup AI combat, this seems to be a good enough speed for both sector patrol and pirate hunting.

Thanks again

Strat... out
Well in theory at least.

Benzschwagel

Re: Double_Shadows editor prob Plz assist

Post by Benzschwagel » Fri, 19. Oct 18, 20:34

Any chance of anyone posting a fix for this? I would like to sort this out as well...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Double_Shadows editor prob Plz assist

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 19. Oct 18, 21:21

Please post in the appropriate S&M thread for the editor (check if that is the latest version which you should be trying to use) and not in an earlier version 14 year dormant thread. Thanks.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”