AS.Scripts (23/04/2005 13:27)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Fri, 15. Apr 05, 16:50

BZZZZT! Wrongo.

You misunderstood.

I owned the SPP.

I could get one ship to supply EITHER 'ore mines' OR 'silicon mines' FROM the SPP.

I could NOT supply BOTH 'ore mines' AND 'silicon mines' at the same time. Because the command does not put 'DIFFERENT TYPES' in the fab list. I tried.

adam00
x4

Post by adam00 » Fri, 15. Apr 05, 17:09

>>AdmiralTigerclaw

Yes you can. The problem may be that if you tried to run command "Supply and transport for parallel factories..." or "Transport and supply for parallel factories..." it have removed from configuration array of factories that one of king different from main factory.

If you for command "Outside supply of complex and transport..." specify your own supplayer of any resource it will be the first place to go for that resource. If you are short of that resource than ship will fly to buy some.

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Sat, 16. Apr 05, 01:34

I thought that meant outside supply only.

adam00
x4

Post by adam00 » Sat, 23. Apr 05, 13:39

New version of script: AS.Antymissiles v1.01

mjwraw2000
x2

Post by mjwraw2000 » Tue, 17. May 05, 13:07

I am having trouble with the as_maintain_quantity script. I've definitely got the files in the correct directories, and the correct Trade software on my TSs, but the options are not there in the Trade menu. I've had a look at the scripts, and maybe is there a conflict with the slots (t id) in the SMS script ? as I think t id 422 and 423 are used in the SMS scripts ?

adam00
x4

Post by adam00 » Tue, 17. May 05, 16:17

This "command slot thing by Egosoft" is pice of cr..p :evil: It could work if the only new scripts was developed by Egosoft itself.

But we have now so many usefull independent scripts that it is not posiible to avoid conflicts :(

Well, if script editor does not scary you too much, you can try to modifiy my script to avoid conflicts with other scripts you use.

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Tue, 17. May 05, 16:40

"editing" ..

just combine scripts ( actually .. wares/upgrades ..)

I've got about 8 scripts all using FC MK III (but did make the ware about 1.5mil io about 800.000Cr)

mjwraw2000
x2

Post by mjwraw2000 » Tue, 17. May 05, 17:04

I'm not familiar with the script editor - presumably I need to download this and then load in the xml files for editing ?

adam00
x4

Post by adam00 » Tue, 17. May 05, 18:29

You can edit in simple text editor file from "t" directory. Script files can be only edited in inside game script editor.

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Tue, 17. May 05, 20:38

mjwraw2000 wrote:I'm not familiar with the script editor - presumably I need to download this and then load in the xml files for editing ?
http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=48593

;)

mjwraw2000
x2

Post by mjwraw2000 » Wed, 18. May 05, 13:58

So I need to enable scripting (Thereshallbewings) to get this script to work ? It's just I'm not sure I want the 'Modded' tag.

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Wed, 18. May 05, 15:06

theres a mod to get rid off that as well ..;)

"extra search" --> "no modified tag"

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Thu, 19. May 05, 01:20

Or you can try my signature for it :)
Cheers.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

adam00
x4

Post by adam00 » Thu, 19. May 05, 08:14

Without enabling script editor you can't use unsigned scripts, like my and many others.

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Tue, 14. Jun 05, 17:05

hey adam, would you be willing to allow me to use a modified form of some your AS.Complex scripts in the release of my shipyard scriptset? I'm using a highly customised form of resource collection, and the default trade commands dont work when properly customised for my needs, and BPH has too many extra things to be usefull. If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to edit your scripts for my needs and release them with my scriptset, with credits to you of course. Please let me know. Thank you

adam00
x4

Post by adam00 » Thu, 16. Jun 05, 08:10

Sure, you can use and modify my scripts :)

Kraki
x3

travelingtrader

Post by Kraki » Mon, 20. Jun 05, 06:18

I've been having some trouble with the traveling trader script.. whenever i initialize it it get an error. i've tried reinstalling it but still no luck. any ideas?

SGWB
x3

AS.Guard misbehaving

Post by SGWB » Thu, 25. Aug 05, 04:55

I'm having a lot of trouble with the AS.Guard scripts lately. Instead of sitting in their home sector, they are wandering. When I first set up AS.Guard it worked correctly, but suddenly they have started to wander. They travel 2 sectors away and then jump back to their home. They are only stopping to refuel when they need the energy to return home.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Last edited by SGWB on Tue, 6. Sep 05, 10:14, edited 1 time in total.

SGWB
x3

AS.Guard misbehaving - solution found

Post by SGWB » Tue, 6. Sep 05, 10:13

So I think I found a solution to my problem.

WARNING - I am a true novice scripter - follow my example at your own risk!!

It appears to be a problem in the AS.Guard.find.fuel.seller.xml script. At the top of this script it says:

if $Emergency ...
$Range = 0 ...
else
$Range = 9 ...

I changed "$Range = 9 ..." to "$Range = 0 ..." It seems to have fixed the problem. Here is my reasoning.

In experimenting with this problem, I figured out that it was a probem with the fuel gathering behavior. If I used my transporter device to fill an AS.Guard enable ship to the gills with energy cells. it would stop moving and wait for an enemy to crop up, just as it should. But after using a few cells, it would start misbehaving again. I also found that by turning off the "Deliver fuel for Guard" command on an M6's supply ship, the M6 would start going from SPP to SPP, all in one sector, pausing for a few moments at each one untill the supply ship was reenabled.

Then I tried a "manual refuel of guard" command on the M6. It traveled half way across the galaxy to one of my SPP's and filled itself. More importantly, it took the same path as when it was using the automatic refuel behavior.

So, it seems that the guard was trying to fill up at the cheapest source, but that was my own SPP 9 sectors away! I have all my guards configured with a jump range of 2 sectors. The guard was seeing my SPP, travelling towards it, noticing that it had reached the maximum jump distance from it's home base, and jumping back. Repeat indefinately...

So by changing $Range to equal 0, the guard will never leave the current sector to find fuel. I'm sure the proper solution is to set $Range to the guard's jump range, but I don't know how to do that 'cause I'm a novice :)

LifeMatrix
x2

Can these changes be implemented now?

Post by LifeMatrix » Mon, 9. Jul 07, 07:08

I realise that by now most members have either moved on to playing X3 or other games. And it seems the majority of X2 players remaining now are satisfied in sticking with the signed scripts in the Bonus Pack. But I'm sure quite a bit of effort and ingenuity went into these scripts. They could still be useful. And, to be fair, 2 years is really not that long ago.

Is there any chance that adam00 (or someone else) might implement some of the proposed changes and bug fixes that were talked about? Most of the changes and bug fixes were very specific. And in a couple cases the exact changes to code were specified.

From the dates of the last releases of files, it seems none of these plans were implemented:

adam00 wrote (4. Sep 04, 22:04):
happykoala wrote:
For complex buying according to the readme

"2) find supplier of ware in defined suppliers or factories of complex
3) if there is no "inside" supplier will search for outside supplier using parameters of gived factory (max price, jump range), searching algorithm with detection of collisions - players ships will not fly to same station for same purpose"

Will there be detection of collisions for inside factories or only outside suppliers?

Also I reduce all my factories $ to zero and my transports stop buying stuff. What am I doing wrong with the using personal $ instead of station $?
a) "Collisions detection" work for inside factories as well.
b) I fixed "buying algorithm" but main loop choosing what to buy still checks money of complex and of course decide not to buy anything, my mistake :oops: I will fix it soon.
adam00 wrote (6. Sep 04, 13:05 ):
Do you think that AS.BuyRareGoods shouldn't buy from players factories? I could make it this way, but I am not sure if it is best option.
I think it would have been neat if this could be made an optional choice. Something that could be configured? Or perhaps two different commands to choose from?

adam00 wrote (8. Sep 04, 08:37):
Found a few bugs in AS.Complex 1.03

1. TP ships will still try to transport/sell XL size goods (i saw it happen with silicon)... they go to the station, find out they cant move it, try again..etc. waste time.
2. [Balance Selling Depots] appears with just TradeCommandMK1
3. Still trying to hunt down a bug where the complex configuration gets corrupted (cut down to only a few fabs, like 5 out of 12)
1) Well, I will fix this.
2) Strange - you should need MK1 + MK2 + Jumpdrive - I have to check it.
3) I will try to find it too.
adam00 wrote (8. Sep 04, 23:19):
Ok i think i tracked the bug down: .....
I should (and I will) modify code of this "parallel" commands, they are self-modifing its configuration, they shouldn't...
It seems like, in it's day, AS.Complex was a leading choice for Trade/Station Management. Perhaps, if things had gone differently, we might have had AS.Complex as part of the Bonus Package? If it weren't for some of these nasty bugs, I'd be tempted to use it.

adam00 wrote (8. Sep 04, 08:37):
2) hrm... err... ok... like, maybe... you could... make the script think all sectors in patrolling area with stations are primary sectors?

As it is you have to split up your forces to cover a few bases properly... but if it considered all station-sectors to be primary, i could have all the ships stationed in Argon Prime and serving ALL my stations in the main Argon Quadrant.

At the moment i can't do it or i'll find my ship from Power Circle (my BPH training facility) fighting in Seizewell

Do you think this is a good idea?
I think I could change the way of scaning, split it to 3 stages: a) only sector with factories, b) sector with flying player ships, c) rest of sectors.
adam00 wrote (8. Sep 04, 23:19):
Perhaps then the threat assesment code should be able to call for 2 M6s if it detects a large threat and there are no M2s available?

... Is this doable from your side? it seems that you aim to make your scripts as flexible as possible (and its great) and this would certainly make it more flexible.
This kind of cooperation will be hard to do, but who knows, maybe I try to do it :)
Combined, I think these two changes and a few minor alterations might have made AS.Guard a viable alternative to "Basic Patrol Commands" (aka Marks fight software Mk3). It still would't be as sophisticated, of course. But sometimes simplicity is prefered - esp. if it gets the job done.
"I'm going to hang up this phone and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible." - Neo, The Matrix

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”