Index of Bonus X2 Plug-Ins

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

frymaster
x4

Post by frymaster » Tue, 3. Aug 04, 21:21

I'm a bit unsure about your patches.

Install game.

If you are version 1.0 (need to check; SOME american disks are this, some are 1.2) you need to patch 1.0 -> 1.2. If not, don't install this patch.

Then install the 1.2 -> 1.4 patch.

That is the most efficient way to patch. If you patched up to 1.1, then went straight to 1.3, you'd have problems as the 1.3 patch should only be installed onto the 1.2 patch. Ignore the 1.1 and 1.3 patches and go from 1.0 to 1.2 to 1.4

Eldorado
x2

Post by Eldorado » Thu, 5. Aug 04, 14:56

moggy2 wrote:F.A.T.E was the predecessor to Xai Corporation's Trade Commands Mk1 which allows 1 ship to service all the needs of a station. Supplying all the required resources and selling the product.

Another Xai Corporation script cloned by the script development team. :P
I'm not quite sure if BPH is cloned...I think it was there even before yours!
Ticaki made this script before he was in the egosoft team anyway :)
Its really a great script...for those who can speak german i'd recommend to have a look into the german forum!
His original script (not the singned version) has many features like sectoralarm, logging, and it even cooperates with a Routepatrol
(if sector alarm is activated partoling ships near concerned sector come for help)
cool script anyway because you only need 1-2 ships per moscitofab :thumb_up:
Eines ihrer Schiffe wird angegriffen...<<TRANTOR>>!!

dirkf
x3tc

Post by dirkf » Sat, 7. Aug 04, 22:56

when I downloaded the 1.3 patch a while ago there was no 1.2 avaible (I looked for it). Since the 1.3 has now vanished from the downloads (beeing replaced by 1.2 and 1.4) that probably was the reason.

Is there any known critical problem if applying 1.4 over 1.3 (other than getting "modified")? If not then I won't bother with a reinstallation until the usual backup in a few weeks...

frymaster
x4

Post by frymaster » Sat, 7. Aug 04, 23:02

no problem installing 1.4 over a working 1.3 install. however yours ain't that, I'm afraid!

You need to uninstall (and erase registry entries), apply 1.2, then apply 1.4

Graphil
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x3tc

Post by Graphil » Tue, 10. Aug 04, 22:47

So what is next in the pipeline to wet our tastebuds?

sq_paradox
x4

Post by sq_paradox » Wed, 11. Aug 04, 03:47

Any chance the Engine Tuning Kit V2.1 will get signed soon? I don't mean to pester (it only changes the M1's and TL's and I won't have one for a long while, anyway), you guys are doing a really great job and I'm sure you have your hands full. I was just curious

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 11. Aug 04, 18:15

graphil wrote:So what is next in the pipeline to wet our tastebuds?
I've added some of the items that are planned to the first post in the thread. Please note that this is not a guarantee that these scripts will be signed, nor can I give a clear indication of when this will happen.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Wed, 11. Aug 04, 18:44

Just a question. Why is the script signing process for Level 5 bods only? It's not like there is anything in scripts that falls under the NDA, and there are plenty of level 3 bods who know what they're doing with scripts that could help with the testing.

frymaster
x4

Post by frymaster » Wed, 11. Aug 04, 19:08

I think it's just a general Egosoft policy that all beta testing is performed by the level 5 people... theoretically the situation could arise where a really cool script is tested and a l3 bod hypes it up, then some unresolvable problem means it never appears. Whereas if it's people under the NDA such a situation wouldn't arise.

I'm reaching, I know, but it's understantable that Egosoft would limit these things to people to whom they have non-internet contact with

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 11. Aug 04, 19:15

Good question. Don't know the answer, sorry. Check your PMs.

bobah083
x3

Post by bobah083 » Thu, 12. Aug 04, 19:35

i have 3 tradescripts written long ago(Feb): 1 for selling products 2 for buying resources 3 for wares distribution.
1&2 have similar functionality to standard buy and sell scripts
3 - for example - distribute energy generated by 1 SPP to 8 player factories, depending on shortage
(i would use it for trade station)

all 3 are packed into "Paranid Trade Software Set",which is sold at PED's all over the galaxy for 30k+.

main difference from standard scripts is price checking "on the fly" (shortage checking for 3) and "reroute if"...
it is oolon's idea and first improvement he made to buybest script

i tweaked findfactory routine for higher effectiveness, and added 2 minor features - no traveling outside jumplimit zone (just like 1.4) and destination is now choosed randomly between the "winners"

if such a script set is needed i will send it for signing
Do not delay your task if you can ignore it!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 12. Aug 04, 19:53

I doubt anyone will be able to judge whether it is "needed" unless you submit it. Obviously submission does not guarantee signing, and there is of course a bit of a backlog with the process, but I'd still suggest you just submit it anyway.

Re: Index of Signed Scripts [updated 11/08/04]

Post by Guest » Sun, 15. Aug 04, 23:03

CBJ wrote:
Hopefully coming up!
- A piracy script allowing the theft of cargo from other ships
- An extended station management system with log files
- The XAICorp advanced AI
- AL plug-in scripts (if you have any of these, please submit them for signing)
I like the sound of the piract script and the extended station management. Will keep my fingers crossed that these will see the light of day. To all script writers - keep up the good work :)

Earthworm
x3

Dates

Post by Earthworm » Tue, 17. Aug 04, 20:02

Hey just a sugestion, but could we have in main post to this section the dates that Scripts where signed, or updated. For example I see the "Updated" MK3 Trade script. What day was it updated? Do I have the most recent version, or should I go get the newer version? Is this the second, third etc update to it, or has there been only one? i think these things would be nice to have on the main post, especially since we don't seem to use Version numbers for the Scripts.

Anyway just a thought.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 18. Aug 04, 00:40

Updated in the case of the Mk3 just means that it is newer than the one built into 1.4, it doesn't specifically mean it has been updated since it was made available as a separate download. However, your point is a good one and I'll see what I can do.

Graphil
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x3tc

Post by Graphil » Mon, 30. Aug 04, 21:47

It's all been rather quiet. Is there any news at all on the signed script front?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 30. Aug 04, 22:00

Nothing yet. I believe they script signing team have been busy working on fixes to problems in scripts that are already released. I also think the "extended station management system with log files" mentioned in the first post in this thread will be the next on the signing list.

Hellblazer
x3ap

Post by Hellblazer » Fri, 3. Sep 04, 06:07

Well im using bph, not a bad script. but im having a lot if personal log (incoming message) that tells me to readtext and a number what is that all about.

fchopin
x3

Post by fchopin » Fri, 3. Sep 04, 10:23

Can someone please change the date on the heading when a new script is updated?

I think there was an update on the BPH script but the date on the heading says 11/08/04.
When there are no more games it is time for music.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 3. Sep 04, 10:27

I'll update it whenever someone tells me there has been an updated release. I've heard nothing yet, but that could just be a breakdown in communications.

Edit: Update info added with ticaki's help.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”