Index of Bonus X2 Plug-Ins

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

MageKingS70
x4

Post by MageKingS70 » Thu, 4. Aug 05, 21:55

Lucike wrote:
This software protects small ship classes against rocket attacks by shooting down incoming rockets with mosquito missiles. Mosquito class missiles are required, as well as Fight Command Software MK1 and MK2.
Gruß
Lucike
Isn't that kind of redundant, since the AEGIS software has an identical missile defense system, and AEGIS is also signed?

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Thu, 4. Aug 05, 23:31

MageKingS70 wrote:
Lucike wrote:
This software protects small ship classes against rocket attacks by shooting down incoming rockets with mosquito missiles. Mosquito class missiles are required, as well as Fight Command Software MK1 and MK2.
Gruß
Lucike
Isn't that kind of redundant, since the AEGIS software has an identical missile defense system, and AEGIS is also signed?
small ship classes

Do you want to install AEGIS on a TS? ;)

Missile Defense Mosquito is older than AEGIS and should be inserted into small ships at that time. Missile Defense Mosquito was only unfortunately forgotten.

Greets
Lucike

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Fri, 5. Aug 05, 00:01

Lucike wrote:
MageKingS70 wrote:
Lucike wrote:
Gruß
Lucike
small ship classes

Missile Defense Mosquito is older than AEGIS and should be inserted into small ships at that time. Missile Defense Mosquito was only unfortunately forgotten.

Greets
Lucike
:thumb_up: I was typing this sort of reply when my internet connection crashed. This is for M5, M4, M3, TS, TP, GO.
So capping in your Mako, in-coming missile - dragonfly - no problem.

MageKingS70
x4

Post by MageKingS70 » Fri, 5. Aug 05, 01:01

KarlHemmings wrote:
Lucike wrote:
MageKingS70 wrote:
Lucike wrote:
Gruß
Lucike
small ship classes

Greets
Lucike
:thumb_up: I was typing this sort of reply when my internet connection crashed. This is for M5, M4, M3, TS, TP, GO.
So capping in your Mako, in-coming missile - dragonfly - no problem.
True. Although I personally prefer Milling's ECM script, but some people prefer to only use signed scripts.

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Fri, 5. Aug 05, 03:43

I've updated the first post with information about the new bonus package and links to all the new bonus scripts.
Everyone may begin asking questions about the scripts themselves in the relevant threads, and keep this thread for questions about the package itself (installation / problems, etc.)

Cheers.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

mercurior
x2

Post by mercurior » Fri, 5. Aug 05, 13:05

just got the bonus update and i have one tiny question, where can you buy the other scrips like the, telcat and so on.. and the prices, so i can get my empire upto date..

i checked the faq and the first page but.. no information where i can get em

cheers

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Fri, 5. Aug 05, 14:14

TelCat is available in your M1 when you have the required upgrades installed. Best to read the readme for this script.
ReadMe wrote:- One (or more) M1-class carrier
- The carrier must have an installed Transporter Device (Goner)
- The carrier must have fighters on board (M3, M4, M5)
- One Transporter Device must be installed in every fighter. For your convenience, there is a command to automatically equip all of your fighters with transporter devices (see: TelCat: Install Fleet)
- Fight Command Software MK2 must be installed in every fighter (dont forget to buy this when you buy your fighters).
- Optional: one or more TS class freighters with your carrier set as homebase (ths is needed for the auto-rearm-feature)
Once you have installed the bonus material there should be a link to the readme available on your computer that details each of the scripts, their operation and where they can be purchased from. If you have any trouble with a specific script then it is best to post into the topic dealing with that script, the people who use the scripts are more likely to look there then in this thread which is the announcement / general information thread. :)

Ghalador
x4

Post by Ghalador » Fri, 5. Aug 05, 14:46

mercurior wrote:just got the bonus update and i have one tiny question, where can you buy the other scrips like the, telcat and so on.. and the prices, so i can get my empire upto date..

i checked the faq and the first page but.. no information where i can get em

cheers
TelCat is bound directly to the Goner transporter device. The commands will become available in your secondary command menue, as soon as this device is installed. (M1 Class only)
So KarlHemmings is absolutely right - just match the requirements and everything works.
Have fun: Gala Do.

Ghalador
x4

Post by Ghalador » Fri, 5. Aug 05, 14:55

D_Zorro wrote:I do notice a homebase rename script inside the carriers and destroyers. Are those for rapidly add ship i buy at the shipyard so i can give them a homebase at my carrier??
...AND destroyers???
Are you sure?

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Fri, 5. Aug 05, 15:18

Ghalador wrote:
D_Zorro wrote:I do notice a homebase rename script inside the carriers and destroyers. Are those for rapidly add ship i buy at the shipyard so i can give them a homebase at my carrier??
...AND destroyers???
Are you sure?
Both my collosus and titan has an option inside special command to assign/delete homebase.

DZorro,
System spec: Pentium (R) D 2.66 Ghz, Ram : 2048 DDR, HD : 250 GIG 7200 RPM intern 8 MB cash
Videocard : Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb : Realtek
Laptop : AMD athlon 64 3200 + 1024 DDR 80 gig HD Conexant AMC Audio, Ati mobility Radeon Express 200

Ghalador
x4

Post by Ghalador » Fri, 5. Aug 05, 15:26

Ah yes, i see. Thats plugin.shiptools.homebase.set.
Ok, everything's fine.

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Wed, 10. Aug 05, 00:33

I'd like to announce that we'll be releasing a new version of the bonus pack in the next couple of days which fixes the following issues with version 1.04.00:
  • Version conflict in Station Management System corrected
    Command display of manual trade commands corrected
    Basic patrol commands are no longer restarted upon each loading of saved games
    CLS: The minimum flying time was lowered from 60 to 30 seconds
    A few extension names and languagefile issues corrected
We appreciate your patience as we prepare the new version :)
Cheers.

Black Shaddow
x3

Post by Black Shaddow » Thu, 15. Sep 05, 02:35

I have Installed from cd V1.3, updated viadownload (registered user) to v1.4. added X2 all in one (English) no German or French language (all though I could), all options ticked! :wink:

Only used "Sim" option so far!!

I get NO talk through training! Is this a known Issue!

My nephew (I installed His for him) gets Talk through training!

I have Broadband, He doesn't!

Thanks! :!:
When you say "Red Shift", which of three I known about, do you mean?

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Thu, 15. Sep 05, 03:54

The bonus scripts do not affect the voice in the game at all.
So the installation of the bonus scripts is not to blame for the lack of voice in your training simulator missions.
I would ask that you pose your question in the technical support forum.
They will be able to answer much better than I what is happeneing with your voices.
Cheers.

wvalters
x3

Post by wvalters » Thu, 15. Sep 05, 20:33

When specifying the directory to install this, do you specify your X2 install directory, or another directory that just holds this data for later insertion into the program directories?

Thanks

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Fri, 16. Sep 05, 00:41

If you point it to your X2 installation directory, it will place all of the files in the correct subdirectories. (and even make backups of your relevant older files)

That's the easiest way to do it.

Some people that don't trust the installer extract it to a dummy directory and then move the files over manually. Either way is fine.

Cheers.

elament33
x3tc

Post by elament33 » Sat, 17. Sep 05, 03:48

Makes things a bit easyer. Well...for me :D

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 29. Sep 05, 14:48

I noticed after I did the upgrade that there are a lot of new commands floating around the menus, but many of them just say "read text...." which means nothing. How does one find out what these commands are for ?

I noticed that autonomous mining was slated for being included in the game at a later date. Is this still likely, as that would be very useful. Or will X3 release finally halt the upgrade of X2 ?

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Fri, 30. Sep 05, 06:21

If you're getting readtext errors, either:
1. you didn't install it correctly
2. the script you're trying to use doesn't work

(I'd vote 1 is more likely if you're new to this)

There's a section in the tutorials sticky that talks about how to install and manage mods/scripts.

To answer your 2nd question, once X3 is released, we're more than likely going to develop new content for it, and cease signing scripts for X2.

Cheers.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 30. Sep 05, 06:28

That makes sense. I'd tryed to put in a whole heap of scripts back early in the year, and more than half of them didnt work, mainly the ones needing more than just putting things in script and t directories. I'd actually had a few of these readtext things already as a result, but never thought to ask about them.

Any advise on how to remove whats bad ? The last thing I did was the latest add-on release, but a few of those were among the scripts I thought I had installed, so do they need to be removed first ? If so, how ?

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”