Index of Bonus X2 Plug-Ins

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Fri, 16. Sep 05, 00:41

If you point it to your X2 installation directory, it will place all of the files in the correct subdirectories. (and even make backups of your relevant older files)

That's the easiest way to do it.

Some people that don't trust the installer extract it to a dummy directory and then move the files over manually. Either way is fine.

Cheers.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

elament33
x3tc

Post by elament33 » Sat, 17. Sep 05, 03:48

Makes things a bit easyer. Well...for me :D

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 29. Sep 05, 14:48

I noticed after I did the upgrade that there are a lot of new commands floating around the menus, but many of them just say "read text...." which means nothing. How does one find out what these commands are for ?

I noticed that autonomous mining was slated for being included in the game at a later date. Is this still likely, as that would be very useful. Or will X3 release finally halt the upgrade of X2 ?

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Fri, 30. Sep 05, 06:21

If you're getting readtext errors, either:
1. you didn't install it correctly
2. the script you're trying to use doesn't work

(I'd vote 1 is more likely if you're new to this)

There's a section in the tutorials sticky that talks about how to install and manage mods/scripts.

To answer your 2nd question, once X3 is released, we're more than likely going to develop new content for it, and cease signing scripts for X2.

Cheers.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 30. Sep 05, 06:28

That makes sense. I'd tryed to put in a whole heap of scripts back early in the year, and more than half of them didnt work, mainly the ones needing more than just putting things in script and t directories. I'd actually had a few of these readtext things already as a result, but never thought to ask about them.

Any advise on how to remove whats bad ? The last thing I did was the latest add-on release, but a few of those were among the scripts I thought I had installed, so do they need to be removed first ? If so, how ?

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Fri, 30. Sep 05, 06:39

Well, the steps to removing a script are also in that tutorial I referenced.
It's not terribly easy, and oftentimes if you want to remove it completely, you have to go back to a saved game from before you installed it in the first place.
If it's not earth shattering, I'd recommend, just re-installing the game from scratch.
If that's too painful, that tutorial can walk you through the steps.
Cheers.

Edit: Here's the link to the tutorial. The info on removing scripts is towards the bottom.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 30. Sep 05, 08:13

Can one delete the contents of the scripts directory and t directory, then reinstall the game over the top, then reinstall the add-on mod over that. Then load a game file, resave it, shut down and restart with the new save game ?

I'm assuming that nothing is using one of the features that doesnt work.

Would that work ?

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sat, 1. Oct 05, 05:40

As it says in the tutorial, if you load a game that already has the scripts active in it, they'll still be present. It doesn't matter what you've done to the scripts / t directories.
All I can tell you is to follow the instructions in the tutorial. Those are the best instructions for removing scripts. (and they're not guaranteed to work)
Otherwise, it's cleaner to simply reinstall your game and start from scratch.
Cheers.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 1. Oct 05, 06:34

Thanks. I think I'll do nothing rather than risk corrupting it.

If X3 is as close as people think, then I'll just keep playing X2 until it arrives.

Suicidemoon
x3tc

Post by Suicidemoon » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 15:21

Thanks to everyone involved in making these ssprits, not only are they useful, but they are MAJOR MAJOR time savers, example---Commiuty trader.
"Youth is happy because it has the ability to
see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability
to see beauty never grows old." Franz Kafka

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Sun, 5. Feb 06, 12:32

Goodday everyone,

I just checked my virusscanner (Norton) and got a announcement that all X2 bonus plugins give a security alert for a possible virus called WinFixer.

This could be of course a bug in the virusscanner.....

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sun, 5. Feb 06, 19:52

If you downloaded the bonus pack from this site, there's no virus in it.
Cheers.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 14. Feb 06, 12:46

I have probably missed some part of the ReadMe, because I have no recollection of seeing ...

I noticed the Special Command: Assign/Delete Homebase on TL, did read its in-game help, tried it and got up to point that some string was asked for. Did not notice any effect of the command.

Ah well, saw on previous page that it probably is plugin.shiptools.homebase.set. Will read source.

However in the meantime, could someone point me to the part of ReadMe / a thread that explains that command?
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

parameter
x3tc

Bonus Downloads

Post by parameter » Mon, 27. Mar 06, 12:51

Sorry about the delay but only a recent convert to X2 The Threat for Mac. I am using a G5 P'MacMac, OS10.4.4.
I take it that these downloads are pc only?
:(

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 12:09

jlehtone wrote:
However in the meantime, could someone point me to the part of ReadMe / a thread that explains that command?
dont know where to point you :)

Parameter i don't see why the downloads will not work for the mac, have you tried them??
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

parameter
x3tc

Downloads

Post by parameter » Fri, 7. Apr 06, 08:49

LV wrote:
jlehtone wrote: However in the meantime, could someone point me to the part of ReadMe / a thread that explains that command?
dont know where to point you :)

Parameter i don't see why the downloads will not work for the mac, have you tried them??
Sorry for delay in responding! I am not very well. I do not see any of the downloads as being cross platform. I only see one download actually, the one removing need for Cd in game and that is an .exe file. Everyone talking about scripting must be referring to pc only also.
:?

parameter
x3tc

X² All In One Bonus Package v. 1.04.01 [11/8/05] download from the Bonus Material Dow

Post by parameter » Mon, 24. Apr 06, 18:21

Erm! Any chance of Mac compatible X2 downloads? I have tried again and again but the '.exe' part is the killer.
Many thanks!

:)

parameter
x3tc

.exe files update! Sorted.

Post by parameter » Fri, 16. Jun 06, 14:46

Hi peeps! :)
I downloaded '.exe' files onto old pc, expanded them, transferred data to X2 on my Mac. Now I have lots of mods and other bits!

I is happy again!

:D

-Joshua-
x2

Post by -Joshua- » Wed, 12. Jul 06, 14:48

SMS doesn't seem to work for me, all the prices and such remain the same.
The best way to survive a battle is not getting into it.

raptor_XIII
x2

Post by raptor_XIII » Fri, 16. Feb 07, 19:46

Could someone please try and help me??? I've followed all the instructions for installing the bonus pack but it still wont work (eg. Full fight command mk1+2 and mosquitos but no missile defence options and full remote trading and trading software on all ships but no 'trade run command'). I only started playing very recently and haven't installed mods/scripts on this game before. Could anyone please give me a hint at what is going on?
PS. I have version 1.4 which was intalled before the scripts and i made sure the correct directory was selected. I also ensured the in-game script editor was on too, just in case.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”