Scripting/Modding Tutorials and Resources [updated 20/9/05]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Pirate hater
x2

Post by Pirate hater » Sun, 22. May 05, 20:03

Burianek wrote:check out the link under the gfx/meshes/modeling section above. That's the one that should contain all the info you need.
Cheers.
Thanks also is there any software I need and if so can I download from internet or is it stuff I need to buy? If it stuff which I need to buy do they do free trails with part of the software on i could use to try out?

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sun, 22. May 05, 20:23

Egosoft supports 3DS Max 5 & 6. Others have used other programs and then imprted them into Max and then out as egosoft files (sometimes sending them to someone with a copy of Max to do it for them)
I don't know about where to get them. I think there's discussion about various modeling programs in the threads that are linked from that link I gave you.
Cheers.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

keitherwild6
x2

Simple Problem

Post by keitherwild6 » Mon, 12. Sep 05, 03:40

Hi! I have been trying to get the doubleshadow editor for sometime now but everytime I dl the supposed extra files needed for it I end up with a corrupt file, I have a dial up and dling a couple times makes ya mad. LOL.

Well, what I really need is a step by step instruction.

My purpose is Simple:

1. Edit the weapon speed/damage/range of the game.
2. Edit the statistics of the Ships.

So what I need is:

1. The specific file names of the Doubleshadow editor I have the following:

a. x2e_runtime2_install.exe
b. vbRuntime_install.exe

2. The site to get them at besides the one listed.
3. How to install and make it work!

Thank you! If this answere elsewhere please point me at the right direction! thank you!

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Mon, 12. Sep 05, 06:06

You'll get a better response to your questions about Doubleshadow's Editor if you post them in the thread devoted to his editor.
Someone will more than likely be able to help you in that thread.
(I'm assuming that you've read that thread first to see if your questions are already answered)
Cheers. :)

Zigso
x2

Post by Zigso » Tue, 1. Nov 05, 10:27

Couldn't find any more appropriate topic, sorry. I'd appreciate any hint on where does (if) exist full specification on the format of language files (such as 440001.xml) I'm trying translation of newborn X3 (format not changed since X2 or maybe even earlier times) into my native, but can't understand some points quite well. Thanks forward.
Excuse my bad English for having chosen me as his bearer.

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Wed, 2. Nov 05, 06:19

The best description of what is in the text files and how you can access them using the script editor is in the msci programmer's handbook created by Reven.
You can find a link in the first post of this thread.
Cheers.

Barthez
x2

Post by Barthez » Thu, 11. May 06, 14:32

Hi,
I've read through the forums and site but i cannot seem to find any plugins for 3ds max. I have version 8 now, are ther any plugins for model import/exporting?

OK found the plugins and info for version 5, these work for version 8?

Thanks

Barthez

ReeverDrak
x3tc

Post by ReeverDrak » Sat, 28. Mar 09, 00:28

Help!! some of the external links are down!! what do i do to gaet the recorses????? :cry:
life is a bag of sock, most of them are clean but only one will take to stink out the hole bag!! lol

baubsmyth
x4

Post by baubsmyth » Tue, 31. Mar 09, 01:30

ReeverDrak wrote:Help!! some of the external links are down!! what do i do to gaet the recorses????? :cry:
I'm not sure what "recorses" is? Are you asking for resources? If so, are there any in particular you are looking for? Some of them are lost for good, but there may be some available still if you can give specifics.

ReeverDrak
x3tc

Post by ReeverDrak » Tue, 31. Mar 09, 04:44

baubsmyth wrote:
ReeverDrak wrote:Help!! some of the external links are down!! what do i do to gaet the recorses????? :cry:
I'm not sure what "recorses" is? Are you asking for resources? If so, are there any in particular you are looking for? Some of them are lost for good, but there may be some available still if you can give specifics.
im sorry but im dyslexic and i do try.... and yes that i what i ment, and i ment for scripting in general... as im starting out and some of the stuff i need is no longer there... :(
life is a bag of sock, most of them are clean but only one will take to stink out the hole bag!! lol

baubsmyth
x4

Post by baubsmyth » Tue, 31. Mar 09, 23:16

No need to apologize, just looking for "specifics" on what you were looking for, and wanted to make sure we were on the same page.

As far as scripting goes, I would say the MCSI Programmer's Handbook is one of the most useful resources you could have.

Unfortunately some of the tutorials seem lost to us forever. If you can make 4shared work for you, you may find some useful resources in the "tools" folder there.

shdwknght

Post by shdwknght » Thu, 28. Nov 13, 18:31

Just how exactly am i supposed to install a bunch of mods that all overwrite the same file ? (...\scripts\x2script.xsl)

these are rather large mods you'd think they would have cooperated so as to not overwrite eachother..

i must say im really disappointed at this whole mess, not just this but also the fact that half the mod links are dead or cant be found on mod archive sites. You'd think egosoft would store them somewhere.. people are making their crappy default game a wonderful experience afterall.

TerranJupiter

Post by TerranJupiter » Wed, 1. Jul 15, 14:55

Hi im strugling to follow all the instructions this is mostly beacue im Dyslexic and get confused easyly. Iv created a galaxy in the Albion Prelude galaxy editor all i need to do now is get the AI to work i have X3 Editor 2 but don't know where to coppy the jobs file to make my map work with out effecting the other maps.

Saddly the only Utube vidio only tels me what i already know not how to make the AI function. If anyone could show me useing ictures or posting a vid then id be able to follow it.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”