A guide to scripting - Ready at last!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

kel187
x3tc

Post by kel187 » Sat, 22. Nov 08, 00:31

very nice, thanks mate :) exactly what i needed. i hope i can realize what i have in mind... :D
"79 bitte 28"

tamaron

Post by tamaron » Thu, 16. Jul 09, 09:43

Hi
could you re-upload it please?
Your website is down
Thanks in advance
PD: or someone could send me his pdf :)

Wizlawz
x3

Post by Wizlawz » Fri, 25. Sep 09, 19:15

hi, i am a beginner for scripting,.. the page 1 top post "link" is not dead but i cant open any of the "icons" does not say when the site wil be back up.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sat, 26. Sep 09, 14:11

Some websites like this are either down or just simply dont work now. Especially early guides like this.

You could always head on over to Xai Corporation they may have something. Just type it in google and you'll find it.

Or checkout the X3 stuff as some things may just be the same.

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Tue, 3. Nov 09, 07:36

i'm like 99.9% i've still got this somewhere if you pm me your emails i'll send it this evening. I can;t upload it as it's not mine
p.s. thank the RNG and a bad mouse as i was clicking XTC Scripts and Modding :?
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

expnobody

Post by expnobody » Tue, 14. Dec 10, 19:46

there are no download link on the site.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 14. Dec 10, 21:31

The reasons, why there is no download link, didn't change in the last years. The author of the guide wasn't online for about 6 years and unfortunately there is nothing like eternal availability in the internet.
You could PM cattafett, which said a post over yours, that he still have the tutorial (though his post is also over a year old). Another possibilty would be to download a different tutorial. The MSCI Programmer's Handbook provided by Egosoft gives also some basic instructions into scripting and can be downloaded from the Download section -> X2 -> Bonus Material.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

rangerdart

Post by rangerdart » Fri, 6. May 11, 14:06

Ive just got back from multiple operational tours in real life, x-source is coming back to life and ill get this scripting guide up as soon as possible.

Sorry for any incovience for last couple of years

Ranger (aka Raven)

therablueray

Post by therablueray » Sat, 16. Jul 11, 04:45

That large pdf is a hard to digest...A new tutorial would be awesome...

Brandrew

All links are dead

Post by Brandrew » Mon, 8. Dec 14, 16:38

Unless you like shopping for shoes that is :(

tawhitt

acript editor not working

Post by tawhitt » Fri, 21. Aug 15, 04:12

Hey guys,this script editor thing is not working i have tried it in space and while docked with the T CAPPED. and in lower case nothing works,this is what i did i undocked stopped my ship clicked on the pilot tab then the change name then changed it to Thereshallbewings,and i get nothing am i doing something wrong?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 21. Aug 15, 09:59

Which game are you playing now? X2: The Threat or X3: Reunion, as your other posts in the Technical Support forum suggest?

In X2: The Threat you have to type in 'Thereshallbewings' while being in space. Changing your playername was first introduced with X3R.

In any case, there are two reasons why activating the Script Editor may not work:
1. You made a mistake, when typing in Thereshallbewings. You mentioned the capital T already, but make sure that you also have the double 'l' (i.e. two lowercase 'L's). You need to make a little pause between the key press of the same letter. Otherwise the game will not recognize it.
2. The Script Editor was already activated.

See also the FAQ articles about activating the Script Editor for reference:

[X2-FAQ] How do I open the Script Editor
[X3R-FAQ] Activating the Script Editor
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

tawhitt

Post by tawhitt » Fri, 7. Oct 16, 02:16

Hey bro,maybe i am blind but someone asked for the link to your guide and u said at the top of the page,but if its there i can't see it i know this is an old post but i thought i would try,because i can't script at all.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 7. Oct 16, 09:41

X2-Illuminatus wrote:The reasons, why there is no download link, didn't change in the last years. The author of the guide wasn't online for about 6 years and unfortunately there is nothing like eternal availability in the internet.
[...] Another possibilty would be to download a different tutorial. The MSCI Programmer's Handbook provided by Egosoft gives also some basic instructions into scripting and can be downloaded from the Download section -> X2 -> Bonus Material.
Quoting myself here, since this is still relevant. Only that the inactivity of the author meanwhile increased to 12 years.

Finlayson
x4

Re: A guide to scripting - Ready at last!

Post by Finlayson » Sun, 7. May 23, 00:19

Yep, it is 2023, and I just felt the need to look into X2 scripting. And of course, the above mentioned scripting guide is no longer there, the domain now owned by some company as it seems.

But as the saying goes, the internet does not forget. So for anybody needing the guide in 2023 here is a link to the scripting guide on the internets eternal memory, a.k.a wayback machine / archive.org:

ScriptGuide.PDF

Cheers,
F.
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Sun, 7. May 23, 10:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Thank you, attached to opening post now.
There is no spoon.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”