X3 Editor 2 not working with X2 any more?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Scoob
x4

X3 Editor 2 not working with X2 any more?

Post by Scoob » Mon, 10. Oct 22, 13:50

Hi,

I have the updated version of X3 Editor 2 for Farnham's Legacy and it works fine there. It says it also supports X2 The Threat and I've set up a profile for that. However, I got into the Cat Manager to look at the likes of TBullets etc. but the T File Editor throws an application exception:

Error loading TWare files:

The current document version is 13 which is not supported. Supported versions are: 47.

I'm wondering if the patch to make Farnham's Legacy work with the editor has broken something for older titles?

Edit: Installed the unpatched version (no FL support) on another PC and tried again, same error, so it's not linked to the FL update. All this stuff is so old now, I remember when it all Just Worked(TM) lol.

Edit 2: I would edit the extracted .txt files manually - like I did in the early days, before 3rd party tools were available - but I cannot remember the columns, nor find any of the old guides I must have used once before.

Zeron-mk7
x3

Re: X3 Editor 2 not working with X2 any more?

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Tue, 11. Oct 22, 10:31

I have the updated version of X3 Editor 2 for Farnham's Legacy and it works fine there. It says it also supports X2 The Threat and I've set up a profile for that.
X3 Editor 2 - not supported X2:

Code: Select all

X3 Editor 2 is program for modifying X3 Reunion, X3 Terran Conflict and X3 Albion Prelude
Works with X3 Reunion, X3 Terran Conflict and X3 Albion Prelude files
For X2 need to use X2 Editor.

Scoob
x4

Re: X3 Editor 2 not working with X2 any more?

Post by Scoob » Tue, 11. Oct 22, 12:46

Hmm, why does it have "X2 The Threat" as a selectable option then? I thought it became the tool for X2 and all X3 games, notably updated for Farnham's Legacy most recently. I will try X2 Editor, but read elsewhere that it was depreciated now...guess not!

Thanks.

Edit: Ok, all installed, I had to manually download the two prerequisites from DS's website as the automatic downloading failed. X2 Editor all working now and I've tweaked what I wanted to.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”