Can't access (bonus) downloads

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Jack_Schitt
x2

Can't access (bonus) downloads

Post by Jack_Schitt » Tue, 2. Oct 18, 06:14

I'm trying to revisit playing X2 and want to make sure I have all of the bonus plugins installed.
http://www.egosoft.com/download/x2/bonus_en.php

When I click on the download image it loads to an access denied page. When I click on the FAQ it suggests to read it simply says I need to register the game key to access the download. I bought it through Steam. I'm not sure I even have a key. Aside from that when I click the link on the access denied page to submit a key to my profile (if I can find it to submit it that is)...that page 404's, doesn't exist. How do I access the downloads?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Can't access (bonus) downloads

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 2. Oct 18, 14:54

Hello, this FAQ tells you the method to get codes from Steam games.

That said, there are still issues coming out of the recent forum software upgrade and so you might instead try linking your Steam and Egosoft account registrations using this method:

When online and with Steam open, click on your User name top right in the forum page, select User Control Panel, select the Egosoft Settings tab, select the Game Registrations option, click the green Update via Steam button.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 2. Oct 18, 16:07

Mind you there shouldn't be any download restrictions for X2 content anymore. So in addition to what Alan said, please make sure that you're logged in when trying to download the bonus plugins.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Jack_Schitt
x2

Post by Jack_Schitt » Tue, 2. Oct 18, 21:13

I got it to work and let me in to the downloads section to download it by linking steam. I really don't like linking accounts, but that's the only way it worked. Before I did that although I was logged in to the forums I was not logged in to the site and that was the problem. After I linked my steam account I'm now, correctly, logged in to both.

Steam says since I have X2 through steam the package is included (pre-installed). The thing I question is that I don't recall ever seeing any TelCat commands and I'm sure my ships have all of the requirements. I realize that may be because it just adds commands not specifically labelled "TelCat" or anything, it's just additional commands and behavior. My wing ships definitely do blast out of my "mother ship" very extremely fast when I use the wing command to protect ship or attack an enemy.
ahjkfldahf

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”