Khaak capture in x2 1.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

chuc21

Khaak capture in x2 1.5

Post by chuc21 » Sat, 12. Sep 15, 08:17

I have recently started playing x2 again after stopping in build 1.4 some years ago. I can't seem to capture khaak ships like I used to. I have attacked more than 60 unknown enemy ships including m3's and have yet to successfully capture one, depite capturing dozens of other vessel types. Am I just getting very unlucky, or is there a problem with 1.5 where it becomes impossible to capture khaak? Is there a point in the story I must advance to first? Please help.

Jimmyjamjohnson42
x4

Re: Khaak capture in x2 1.5

Post by Jimmyjamjohnson42 » Thu, 28. Mar 19, 22:26

chuc21 wrote:
Sat, 12. Sep 15, 08:17
I have recently started playing x2 again after stopping in build 1.4 some years ago. I can't seem to capture khaak ships like I used to. I have attacked more than 60 unknown enemy ships including m3's and have yet to successfully capture one, depite capturing dozens of other vessel types. Am I just getting very unlucky, or is there a problem with 1.5 where it becomes impossible to capture khaak? Is there a point in the story I must advance to first? Please help.
I know this was ages ago but 1.5 makes it harder for you to capture which is kinda annoying :(
I play X2 a lot, possibly too much.
800 hours and counting :P

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Tue, 2. Apr 19, 07:16

chuc21 wrote:
Sat, 12. Sep 15, 08:17
or is there a problem with 1.5 where it becomes impossible to capture khaak? Is there a point in the story I must advance to first? Please help.
Patch 1.5 add only save game upload possibility and text description for that and nothing else.
This update contains the following features:
• The new UPLINK facility to export your game statistics to a file which can then be uplinked to the Egosoft.com servers for display and comparison.

Praefectus classis
x4

Post by Praefectus classis » Mon, 13. May 19, 14:22

The last time I played X2 it was v1.4 but there was a problem if you got the khaak specs then it became much harder to capture Khaak ships unless you had a very high combat rank.
Reality is an illusion created by a lack of the X-universe
My new forum My original forum

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 24. May 19, 11:25

Praefectus classis wrote:
Mon, 13. May 19, 14:22
The last time I played X2 it was v1.4 but there was a problem if you got the khaak specs then it became much harder to capture Khaak ships unless you had a very high combat rank.
this was due to a bug which i dont think was fixed.
but you were only ment to capture kha'ak ships once you bought the specs, and your combat rank was high enough.

the bug was that if you didn't buy the specs you could still capture them, and it ignored the combat rank requirement (making it easier than it should have been)

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”