[MOD] Ship extra docking mod v1.0

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Zeron-mk7
x3

[MOD] Ship extra docking mod v1.0

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Sun, 30. Oct 11, 14:07

Ship extra docking mod v1.0
====================================

Mod only for X2 The Threat 1.4 game version.

Mod add extra docking possibilities to M6 and M2 ship class:

- Allow M5, M4, M3 ship class dock to M6 class ships
- Allow TS, TP ship class dock to M2 class ships

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Compatible with all mods, who doesn't change "x2story.obj", "x2galedit.obj" files.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installation:
Mod install as False patch.

=====================
Ship extra docking mod link
=====================

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Sun, 30. Oct 11, 21:44

Zeron-mk7 wrote:Mod only for X2 The Threat 1.4 game version.
is that a there is no chance that this will work with 1.5 or
my game is at 1.4 and won't be going to 1.5 so i have no idea if this will work with 1.5

had a quick try on a 1.5 super box game and it seems to work if you start a new game
and as a plus it makes the shift +(no. key 1 to 4) to assign a monitor work again
oh yeh forgot to say
thanks
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Mon, 31. Oct 11, 07:21

Mod works only with 1.4 game version, because into the patch 1.5 are x2story.obj file (not remember, maybe also x2galedit.obj file).
Patch 1.5 replace obj file and add Uplink possibility into the game, therefore not compatible with this mod.

cheetahhawk
xrvr

x2 docking mod/ added ships to x2

Post by cheetahhawk » Thu, 10. Nov 11, 17:14

i have been looking for some x2 mods it would be nice to put some of the x3 ships into x2 also, but so far i have not found any compatible. is it possible to make the script compatible with x2 version 1.5 also? steam automatically updated my version of x2 to 1.5 so far i have tried to import ships into x2 and the game freezes on loading the saved games, so i have not been able to use any of Cycrows mods for x2 so far, at least those that i have found. im still looking for, any suggestions?

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Fri, 11. Nov 11, 02:32

The changes from 1.4 to 1.5 are minimal. In order to use a mod like this, if it doesn't work properly as a false patch, you'd have to copy it into your mods folder, and use it like a regular mod. All you'd lose is the online stats ability of 1.5.

Of course, doing that, you couldn't use other mods, without knowing how to merge mods together.

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Fri, 11. Nov 11, 14:45

@ cheetahhawk
I can suggest to try this variant - before doing something - beckup game files, before delete/change something:
You can try to delete last CAT and DAT files from the game folder - 05. cat and 05.dat files, because 1.4 game version have latest 04.cat and 04.dat files.
After that install this mod as False patch - rename mod files to that numbers - 05. cat and 05.dat (rename to the latest numbers).
About add X3 ships into the X2:
All X3 ships have too many polygons count, therefore you will need to decrease polygons to each ship model, that will take alot of time.
X2 can handle about +/-20 K polygons for one ship model.

Chris Gi
x3tc

Post by Chris Gi » Fri, 11. Nov 11, 16:01

Actually, there's no problem running a mod for version 1.4 under X2 version 1.5 (at least, I haven't encountered any). Of course you loose the upload functionality.
--------------------------------

[ external image ]

bulgaria

Post by bulgaria » Tue, 14. Feb 12, 18:43

:lol: cool dock mod i coud dock my ts class for some trader transport defence thanks :)

The Iron Duke
x3tc

Post by The Iron Duke » Sun, 4. Mar 12, 15:39

Hi. Please humour me. I'm comp illiterate. Can you give me 'walk through' how to install this mod. Step by step in laymans terms?
"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me." (Sir Athur Wellesley, viewng the Connaught Rangers, eve of Waterloo.)

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Sun, 4. Mar 12, 17:29

The Iron Duke wrote:Hi. Please humour me. I'm comp illiterate. Can you give me 'walk through' how to install this mod. Step by step in laymans terms?
Mod install as False patch.
Copy NN.CAT and NN.DAT files from the folder into the X2 game directory, then rename it to the next highest availiable number:
If into the your X2 game folder are latest 04.cat and 04.dat files, then rename NN.CAT and NN.DAT files to the 05.cat and 05.dat files.

The Iron Duke
x3tc

Post by The Iron Duke » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 09:18

Xlnt cheers.
Would it be possible to expand this to increase the hanger capacity fot M6s, allow say 4-6 M3s to dock.
Also to allow M6 to dock with M2. That makes sense.
"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me." (Sir Athur Wellesley, viewng the Connaught Rangers, eve of Waterloo.)

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 09:53

The Iron Duke wrote:Would it be possible to expand this to increase the hanger capacity fot M6s, allow say 4-6 M3s to dock.
5 ships (M3, M4, M5) can docked to the M6 class ships and 5 ships (M3, M4, M5, TS, TP) can docked to the M2 class ship, but then you need to edit M6, M2 ship scene files (add more external ships docking markers) and into the Tship file add more docked ships count.
The Iron Duke wrote:Also to allow M6 to dock with M2. That makes sense.
That can do only if edit "x2story.obj" and "x2galedit.obj" files, I don't have that kind of knowledge, therefore I can't do that.

Reven
x4

Post by Reven » Wed, 13. Sep 17, 03:04

I hope it's not too rude dredging up a thread this old, but I'm curious if anyone knows if this mod has ever been updated to work with 1.5, or of another similar one will work with 1.5.

Thanks
You were warned... pirates will be hunted down like vermin.

Ex Turbo Modestum

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Thu, 14. Sep 17, 16:55

Reven wrote:if anyone knows if this mod has ever been updated to work with 1.5, or of another similar one will work with 1.5.
This mod is not compatible with 1.5 game version - Mod is only for 1.4 game version.
It's impossible to update mod for 1.5 game version, because mod was made with OBJ PATCH15 software, who not supported 1.5 game version (software developer author was lost in space long long time ago).

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”