XUniverseWizard - Random universe generator

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Shanjaq
x3

Post by Shanjaq » Mon, 24. Aug 09, 13:05

Please update the readme, please include step-by-step instructions for converting the output files into a playable state.
[ external image ]
SPACE HAS A TERRIBLE POWER

Orca42

Post by Orca42 » Mon, 26. Oct 09, 19:10

XUniverseWizard 1.0
  • Automatically packs and installs universes as X2 Mods, including in-game galaxy map. This requires x2build.exe and x2tool.exe.
  • Diagonal sector connections caused X2 to crash/freeze, therefore they are now deactivated by default - thus the universe layout is now a bit less optimal
  • Default description texts for all sectors
  • init script reworked
  • bugfixes: some advanced satellite factories were broken, wrong food for teladi ammunition/mass driver fab
  • some minor balance tweakings
Note that this is very likely to be the final release. Unless someone discovers really ugly bugs, I am not going to develop the project any further.

As usual, download is available at:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/xuniversewizard/
So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Jonson27
x2

Post by Jonson27 » Thu, 15. Apr 10, 11:30

Orca42 wrote:XUniverseWizard 1.0
  • Automatically packs and installs universes as X2 Mods, including in-game galaxy map. This requires x2build.exe and x2tool.exe.
  • Diagonal sector connections caused X2 to crash/freeze, therefore they are now deactivated by default - thus the universe layout is now a bit less optimal
  • Default description texts for all sectors
  • init script reworked
  • bugfixes: some advanced satellite factories were broken, wrong food for teladi ammunition/mass driver fab
  • some minor balance tweakings
Note that this is very likely to be the final release. Unless someone discovers really ugly bugs, I am not going to develop the project any further.

As usual, download is available at:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/xuniversewizard/
Thank you for your work on it Orca! I used it a lot last year. It was very fun and it has so much potential for those who want to tackle it.

What I did was make the galaxy maps small for increased speed. I increased the amount of stations that used nvidium as a secondary resource. I increased khaak sector strength and number of asteroids. I changed the defense forces on stations so that there were less m5 and m4 and more m3. I did the same thing in the sectors by decreasing m4 and m5 and m3 and increasing m6. in order to decrease the number of combat scripts running in the galaxy. I did the same thing in khaak sectors. Main reason was to keep it lean and fast. Orca's program allows you to do all of that and much more.

With some scripting know how just about anything is possible. I also upped nvidium count on asteroids in a script. I don't know what's possible in x3, but x2 is a dream if you're a coder and willing to learn. I forgot how to do most of it, it has been a while, but just thinking about it makes me want to go back and review everything. The learning curve is a problem, but that's what makes it powerful.

I been wanting to learn how to code a simple neural net. Seems like x2 or x3 would be a fun way to toy with it. I also wanted to make some cool perlin noise content with scripts. This is a coder's game!
Hello there!! (Jumping up and down)

NavaCorp
x3tc

Post by NavaCorp » Wed, 9. Jun 10, 20:56

This is a wonderful idea! Downloaded! :D

NavaCorp
x3tc

Post by NavaCorp » Sun, 13. Jun 10, 14:51

This requires x2build.exe and x2tool.exe
Where I can find these files?

Chris Gi
x3tc

Post by Chris Gi » Sun, 13. Jun 10, 23:29

These are part of the X2 Modding Kit and are available from Home->Downloads->X2->Bonus material.
--------------------------------

[ external image ]

NavaCorp
x3tc

Post by NavaCorp » Mon, 14. Jun 10, 02:51

Chris Gi wrote:These are part of the X2 Modding Kit and are available from Home->Downloads->X2->Bonus material.
Thanks but I've just realized that I had already downloaded the X2 MK years ago but never bothered to look at it.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”