About how many people are staying loyal to X2 here?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Fri, 21. Mar 08, 08:42

I've actually been back around a bit. Been working to polish Firelance 3.0 for X2 that has 27 guns, 14 shields, 20 missiles. I've got combat largely done, the main work is going to be in scripting and adding the new fabs to the universe. I could also use some testers. If anyone is interested in lending a hand, drop me a PM.

Graceburn

Post by Graceburn » Sat, 22. Mar 08, 09:58

i'd definetly try it, downloading TG 2.5 now, looking forward 2 it,

x2 is GREAT, the only reason i would buy x3 is to continue the storyline, and my pc is 2 good 4 BTF, so id try the map :D

DenYaSis
x2

Post by DenYaSis » Wed, 9. Apr 08, 08:05

Played Both x3 and x2

Hell, I have a decent graphic card and X2 will still bogg down every so often. That translated into X3 being almost unplayable everytime the battles start to get good.

I love the atmosphere that X2 has. The stations, the cockpits, the interiors, etc. When X3 took those out, it really dried up the game

DrunkenPirate
x3ap

Post by DrunkenPirate » Wed, 9. Apr 08, 19:37

X2 > X3 overall.
I own and played both for hundreds of hours.

X3 is great but I love X2 even more, the atmosphere in X2 is so much better and the GFX still look great even after 5 years.

adobis
x3tc

Post by adobis » Wed, 9. Apr 08, 22:46

HAIL X2!
Really great, and I don't have the required equipement to play X3 :roll:

SWAHILI!!!

Post by SWAHILI!!! » Wed, 9. Apr 08, 23:38

You think the graphics are great now?

Just wait until X2: Pandora comes out (a mod).
It has new planets, new backgrounds, new weapons effects, new EVERYTHING!!!!!
I think it'll kick X3's butt any day. Which is why I won't be playing it any time soon.
As they say, you wouldn’t want to boronificate your potassigastrous plutonimeter before it magnesorites.

adobis
x3tc

Post by adobis » Thu, 10. Apr 08, 00:00

Well your mod is really kicking ass! I'm gonna wait for this!

SWAHILI!!!

Post by SWAHILI!!! » Thu, 10. Apr 08, 01:06

Well, it's not my mod.
There's a fairly small mod team, which includes Chris Gi, Graceburn, and Adlantis (if I left out anyone, sorry). I'm mainly just the Galaxy Editor, as you can tell by my signature.

But yes, this mod will kick ass! There are some screenshots of the new ships, stations, and effects in the gallery here (BTW, there are 4 sector screenshots that are some of the sectors that I made, I'd have to say my best is 12-10).

Feel free to check it out, the first version may be coming out soon, so keep checking it out!
As they say, you wouldn’t want to boronificate your potassigastrous plutonimeter before it magnesorites.

adobis
x3tc

Post by adobis » Thu, 10. Apr 08, 09:59

Sure I think I'm gonna register. Also, in X2, ships have a better design, I say that because I just saw some ships from X3, their design seems neutral whereas in X2 it seems really telling you something as the Mamba : powerful, fast.

Also, in your cockpit you have a power feeling, especially in a destroyer or a carrier ship, but no cockpit in X3 it's really annoying me!

Damned still the best game of the Universe!

SWAHILI!!!

Post by SWAHILI!!! » Thu, 10. Apr 08, 13:22

I know, mostly for those reasons, I won't be moving on to X3 (that and I'm on a P.O.S. laptop that couldn't handle it).

When they come out, I'll be playing a LOT of Top Gun 3.0 and Pandora.

Earthman

Post by Earthman » Thu, 10. Apr 08, 19:18

Pandora sure looks good.

Are you doing all of the galaxy designs on your mac... or have you got yourself a PC?

Keep up the good work.

Dragraa

Post by Dragraa » Thu, 10. Apr 08, 19:49

I'm Staying with X2 Forever

SWAHILI!!!

Post by SWAHILI!!! » Thu, 10. Apr 08, 23:30

Earthman wrote:Pandora sure looks good.

Are you doing all of the galaxy designs on your mac... or have you got yourself a PC?

Keep up the good work.
Nope, I'm still doing all of it on a P.O.S. mac laptop.

Are you going to try the mod when it comes out?

Earthman

Post by Earthman » Fri, 11. Apr 08, 19:12

[/quote]

Nope, I'm still doing all of it on a P.O.S. mac laptop.

Are you going to try the mod when it comes out?[/quote]

Oh yes!

What program(s) do you use on the mac then?

SWAHILI!!!

Post by SWAHILI!!! » Fri, 11. Apr 08, 23:32

What do you mean, for the galaxy editing? Same old ingame Galaxy Editor.
This mod will kick arse when it comes out.

Earthman

Post by Earthman » Sat, 12. Apr 08, 09:51

SWAHILI!!! wrote:What do you mean, for the galaxy editing? Same old ingame Galaxy Editor.
This mod will kick arse when it comes out.
Yes,that's what I meant...

I'm impressed with your ability :)

Cheers

SWAHILI!!!

Post by SWAHILI!!! » Sat, 12. Apr 08, 13:22

Thanks!

JClosed
x3tc

Post by JClosed » Fri, 18. Apr 08, 17:38

I still playing X2 and enjoy it.

You see - I already played the grand-grand-grand father of X2. That was the game Elite on the Acorn BBC-B computer. After that I played the Elite version on the RiscPC. I really enjoyed that second version. After that there was a huge gap until I discovered X - Beyond the Frontier. From that I jumped right into X2 (to my delight I must say).

At first I started to play X2 on my Windows XP computer, but I changed from Windows to Linux. How much I liked Linux, I was very badly missing my favourite game. Man - you should know how happy I was a a wile ago to discover there was a Linux version in the making. A soon as it hit the shelves I ordered one and now I am a happy X2 gamer once again.... :wink:

I tried X3, but I think it is less addictive. I am not sure why. The graphics are impressing, but there is something missing in the gameplay. I can't put the finger on the exact spot, but X2 feels better to play...

Too bad I don't know how to get the Top Gun mod working in the Linux version, but I still like to spend a few hours now and then playing X2. This game will stay on my computer for a loooong time... :)

DrunkenPirate
x3ap

Post by DrunkenPirate » Fri, 18. Apr 08, 19:44

Heh, yea, racked up over 50 hours in the last week and a half. :P

SWAHILI!!!

Post by SWAHILI!!! » Sun, 20. Apr 08, 00:54

I know what you mean.

X2 is the first computer game I ever got, and it'll probably be the only one, too.

Mods like Pandora and Top Gun have brought new life to the game, and I'll be playing it for years and years

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”