About how many people are staying loyal to X2 here?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Shadow dream
x3tc

Post by Shadow dream » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 13:14

Right :roll:
I prefer X2 way more than X3 :) first X2 is very nice to computers and the graphics are quite good too!
the only annoying thing is the limmits in modding :cry:

The Pandora team (those who got the same Signature© as me) hope you'll stay loyal to X2 until we release our mod :D
(no release date jet, but you can visit our board and feel free to post ideas, wishes etc.!)

Shadow
Wahre Gentlemen behalten sogar umzingelt von Löwen ihren Leitsatz: Ladies first.
Wann lernt die Gesellschaft endlich, dass Geld erst die Probleme macht, die wir haben?
[ external image ]
Topic - Gallery - Forum - Freiheit

Vortexz
x4

Post by Vortexz » Sat, 22. May 10, 04:56

Sorry, i know this is a 3 year old thread, but where do you get the Argon Sovereign? I have looked in the shipyards in argon prime and the only m2 is the Titan? Is is a mod or..?
There's coffee in that nebula! - Kathryn Janeway

- How about a russian roulette booth? And here's the kicker, we put bullets in all the chambers, that way *everybody* wins! -

SuicidePilot

Post by SuicidePilot » Tue, 1. Jun 10, 19:25

I belive its for the Top Gun mod

X2 FOREVER!! :x2: WOOOOOO

NavaCorp
x3tc

Post by NavaCorp » Sun, 13. Jun 10, 12:22

SWAHILI!!! wrote:Well, Harlock has added a Starbase to Top Gun 3.0 (not out yet), but it can't move, has extremely powerful shielding, dangerous weapons, and an office, so you could say that the Starbase is the Player HQ in Top Gun,

And there probably will be a Player HQ in Pandora, but whether or not it'll be a ship or a station, we don't know yet.

So, just keep updating on Top Gun, Harlock hasn't posted for a while, but he said he was real busy with RL stuff and modding, so he'll probably give us a big update soon.

But yes, there will be Player HQs in both of the most popular X2 mods!
Actually X2 has the PHQ: the Player's Equipment Dock.

SuicidePilot

Post by SuicidePilot » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 16:58

Top gun kicks @$$ i got version 3.0 recently and put 2 starbases next to the gates to my Empire so nothing hostile gets in... (Unless Khaak decide to jump in im well defended with Caps)

Frankie101

Post by Frankie101 » Sat, 18. Sep 10, 06:23

I've just started playing X2 again. Checking out what mods are available.

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Sat, 18. Sep 10, 08:47

Frankie101 wrote:I've just started playing X2 again. Checking out what mods are available.
Many mods download links are dead, but almost all mods can found in Baubsmyth's Archive.

Shadow dream
x3tc

Post by Shadow dream » Sat, 18. Sep 10, 16:39

Maybe you're interested in mods that are build atm.
First there is Firelance which is getting new ships now (update). Might be a nice mod. It changes many aspects in the game.
Further there is P.X.D which adds lot of new ships and stations too. The Final version is still under construction however.
The (in my oppinion) best mod in future will be Pandora. We add ships, story, gameplay improvement,... a whole bunch of interesting stuff. This takes a LOT of time though so we couldn't even release a testversion jet cause all is still in construction :( however the done parts are fantastic already ;)

Shadow
Wahre Gentlemen behalten sogar umzingelt von Löwen ihren Leitsatz: Ladies first.
Wann lernt die Gesellschaft endlich, dass Geld erst die Probleme macht, die wir haben?
[ external image ]

Frankie101

Post by Frankie101 » Sun, 19. Sep 10, 03:31

Mods i'm trying atm

Firelance
Starwars mod
TopGun
Bounty hunter
and the Graphic mod

installed the x2_bonus_package_1.04.01

Just downloaded Massive War Mod 1.7.2 (without plot) found in Baubsmyth's Archive. Thanks Zeron-mk7

I'm still deciding what mod to stick with lol. Have been playing the game in the custom galaxy map option <- this disables the plot and just lets the user do whatever he wants in the game as in free-form game play, is that right? I don't really care much about the plot just yet.

So in the custom galaxy universe i can just play and do anything for ever kind of thing?

@Shadow dream, be looking forward to the Pandora mod. Sounds great!

Ziggy
x3tc

Post by Ziggy » Wed, 13. Oct 10, 17:00

X2 is the one game i have played now for nearly eight years :D
I have been with the X games since i got X-Gold moons ago and the main thing i have noticed is the immersion has been cut down in X3. By that i mean, no station interiors, no cockpits, no player logo etc. X2 is the better version of X-Tension, Great GFX and doesnt need a uber PC to run. I use X3 to benchmark new PC's that i put together, thats the best use. Having said this i do like the AI in X3, Pirates are actually dangerous :o and the boron have grown a pair :D

darkdrone
x2

Post by darkdrone » Tue, 19. Oct 10, 23:56

just upgraded to a new I5 system and fired this game up for the first time in 4yrs i must say i still enjoy it,never really got into X3

Hexx
x2

Post by Hexx » Mon, 13. Dec 10, 23:55

I have just reinstalled it on my old laptop again and have no intention of leaving it for sometime. I was never that keen on x3 to be honest and truth - apart from the graphics - still consider x1 the best of the lot. Now, if only someone would produce a new texture pack for x1...

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Tue, 14. Dec 10, 07:50

Hexx wrote:Now, if only someone would produce a new texture pack for x1...
I know only that - Solek are planning to create new texture pack for X2.

KeybdFlyer
x2

Post by KeybdFlyer » Fri, 25. Feb 11, 22:23

I see it's been a few months since anyone posted on this thread, so I thought I'd throw-in a couple of comments of my own. X² - The Threat is one of those games you just keep going back to, so its longevity is pretty-much assured. For that reason, I'm really glad that Zeron-mk7 and his friends are plugging on with the P.X.D. mod. I d/l the 0.8a version a couple of days back and have got to say that it's pretty impressive! The ship designs, especially, are superb though I'm puzzled as to why some of the larger ships have multiple small shields instead of a few heavy ones. 19 x 5mW? I'm sure there must be a reason for that - what would I know about modding? lol

Going back to X² itself though. Anytime things get a little "samey" I just install a different mod and away we go again - a whole new experience (almost). Genesis, Deadly's Ship & Stn., P.X.D., Top Gun and Firelance are the ones I use, I'd like to try Terradine but it refuses to start for me and hangs my machine.

Anyway, keep up the good work all you modders, I take off my hat to you! :D

Verahta

Post by Verahta » Sun, 13. Mar 11, 03:30

I just bought X2 and am playing it for the first time. I didn't even know it existed until a couple weeks ago. I used to play Merchant Empires, a browser game years ago, and I wondered if there were any console games like it (never been a big PC gamer), and stumbled onto X3. Looked awesome, but my PC is too crappy to run X3. Luckily I found threads on this forum where people said X2 was better, so I bought it and really like it so far.

However, broken freighters SUCK, so slooooow :evil:

Shadow dream
x3tc

Post by Shadow dream » Sun, 13. Mar 11, 10:44

Nice that still peope are getting X2 :D

well this is a construction thing. If a ship gets damaged it gets slower. The only thing you can do is repair it at a shipyard :) (Or use one of the mods that do the same thing)

Have Fun :D

Shadow
[ external image ]

Malakie
x4

Jan 16 2012 and still playing!

Post by Malakie » Tue, 17. Jan 12, 01:20

Here it is Jan 16th 2012 and I am still playing X2! I play all of them to be honest. But today I have been in X2 for a few hours so far.

One thing I REALLY like about X2 is the ability to fly around INSIDE stations! Makes it so much more 'real' instead of the way it is done now in TC and Albion etc.. Wish they would have kept that feature especially with the size stations became..

Anyhow, when I am in the process of playing through the entire series again, each time I find something new it seems!
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

megapowa
x3tc

Post by megapowa » Sat, 21. Jan 12, 17:16

I just finished the game for the first time.

Took about 110 hour. I enjoyed! Great game.
What i've done. Finished the main plot. Built about 70 station. Bought 2 M6 and one m3 one m4. three m5.
The last mission was a great war. :D
The two m6 protected me while i did the rambo things with the m5. XD
I don't even think that was the last mission. :/

Now i leave my empire alone for a while to start build a new one. Because i want to know what will happen in the future.

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Sat, 21. Jan 12, 20:41

megapowa wrote:I just finished the game for the first time.

Took about 110 hour. I enjoyed! Great game.
What i've done. Finished the main plot. Built about 70 station. Bought 2 M6 and one m3 one m4. three m5.
The last mission was a great war. :D
The two m6 protected me while i did the rambo things with the m5. XD
I don't even think that was the last mission. :/

Now i leave my empire alone for a while to start build a new one. Because i want to know what will happen in the future.

Nah you didn't finish! Where is your task Force with M1's, M2's etc! And only 70 stations??? Come on... That's all? :lol:
Take it light.....

Malakie

Malakie
x4

I still play it...

Post by Malakie » Tue, 22. Apr 14, 01:59

Actually just started a new game too...
Take it light.....

Malakie

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”