About how many people are staying loyal to X2 here?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

bobthemanofsteel

Post by bobthemanofsteel » Wed, 23. Apr 08, 12:00

I bought X2 'bout a week ago now, because I heard great things about X3. (Sadly, my PC will not handle the graphics of the latter) I have to say, its the only thing I've been doing since, its one of the best games I have ever played. (Which is alot from me as I play RPGs more often) I must say that I'm a total newb at it, (Can't even keep a Solar Power Plant going without my constant upkeep) and its minimize-friendliness is an absolute godsend. I can always just minimize it, and hop on to the forums to ask a question. Another thing that surprised me was the amount of people still on these forums! When I pay $9.95 (AUS) for a game, I don't expect there to be such a fan base still living.

After that bit of rambling, Yes, I would use your map. But can I ask; Will it contain the stations and such inside the sectors?

SWAHILI!!!

Post by SWAHILI!!! » Wed, 23. Apr 08, 13:30

Yeah, it would
As they say, you wouldn’t want to boronificate your potassigastrous plutonimeter before it magnesorites.

bobthemanofsteel

Post by bobthemanofsteel » Wed, 23. Apr 08, 14:23

Ahh. Much awesomeness then...

I had the great Idea of flying through all the sectors so I knew what was in each one, until i saw the enormity of the galaxy... And the beginning Discoverer Vs Khaak = Death for me!

So good luck on making the map anyways, and I shall patiently wait for its release.

The Trade Empire

Re: About how many people are staying loyal to X2 here?

Post by The Trade Empire » Sun, 1. Jun 08, 20:58

SWAHILI!!! wrote:Hey, I've been working on a Galaxy Map for the past couple months, and I was thinking about uploading it
my advice....upload it!! 8) ...it can only be goooood!! :D
"Putting Profit before pleasure"

"WHAT??????"

SWAHILI!!!

Post by SWAHILI!!! » Tue, 3. Jun 08, 16:36

I've been really busy working on the map, I'll probably upload some screenshots of a few sectors in a few days, just to show you what I can do!
As they say, you wouldn’t want to boronificate your potassigastrous plutonimeter before it magnesorites.

The Trade Empire

Post by The Trade Empire » Tue, 3. Jun 08, 20:12

SWAHILI!!! wrote:I'll probably upload some screenshots of a few sectors in a few days
sounds great!! ...lookin forward to it! :D

"WHAT??????"

SWAHILI!!!

Post by SWAHILI!!! » Tue, 3. Jun 08, 20:47

Now, I've changed my mind yet again about what mod this map will be for. Since it's taking too long for Harlock to finish Top Gun (no offense to you, Harlock), I've decided to have this map probably be an alternate map for X2: Pandora.

There are some things you might want to know about the map:

First off, it has new background soundtracks for sectors. No, they aren't my creation, I was just messing around with background music, and I found a few that I like.

Secondly, every sector in the game will have at least 100 asteroids in it. The one thing that I really like about X3 is the massive amounts of asteroids in every sector. So, I've decided to add boatloads of asteroids to every sector, and the exact number various from sector to sector. For example, the new Argon Prime has about 350 asteroids, but Ore Belt has close to 500 asteroids spread out over the entire system. It may cause lagginess on some machines, but I'm on a P.O.S. laptop currently, and it runs perfectly smooth.

To help describe what I mean, I've taken a few 'teaser shots' of Cloudbase Southwest Before I changed it, and after.
Here is one screenshot of the sector originally, with a pitiful 5 asteroids in the entire sector:
[ external image ]

Now here are two screenshots of Cloudbase Southwest after I changed some stuff around, with about 250-300 asteroids:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Now, if you're wondering why there's only 3 stations in the sector, it's because I have a script that will position all sorts of stations throughout the sector.

There you go, that's just a brief description of some of the changes I will and have made to the map.

I will probably have new screenshots by tomorrow, but by Thursday at the latest.
Cheers,
S

The Trade Empire

Post by The Trade Empire » Wed, 4. Jun 08, 13:45

Odd q - but having looked at the screenies - i was wondering if the textures for the asteroids were different...?

"WHAT??????"

SWAHILI!!!

Post by SWAHILI!!! » Wed, 4. Jun 08, 15:08

Yes, I'm running the test version of Pandora, which includes new backgrounds, weapons, planets, asteroids, stations, you name it, pretty much everything.

SWAHILI!!!

Screenshots of the first 5 Argon Sectors

Post by SWAHILI!!! » Fri, 6. Jun 08, 05:07

Hello all, as promised, here are some screenshots of the first five Argon sectors in the game:

ARGON PRIME

My Nova parked in the center of a huge asteroid field surveying the sector:
[ external image ]

The Argon One, pride of the Argon Federation:
[ external image ]

Pretty cool shot of a disco parked above it's homebase Centaur:
[ external image ]

A shot of the Titan, which shows the majority of the asteroids in the system:
[ external image ]

Home of Light

Once again, a shot of my Nova, showing the huge destroyed planet in the background:
[ external image ]

A Space Fuel Distillery:
[ external image ]

A Titan destroyer patrolling through the sector:
[ external image ]

Ore Belt

Only two screenshots of Ore Belt, showing off probably the greatest asteroid belt I've made yet:
[ external image ]

A lone Centaur going against an entire Pirate Base:
[ external image ]

President's End

When I first made this sector, I planned on having it be after the Kha'ak attack, so the sector is filled with ship and station debris, with only a few stations run by some dedicated souls.

What was the trading station:
[ external image ]

Destroyed cattle ranch showing off the cool asteroid field in this sector, too:
[ external image ]

Argon President's End Task Force Alpha C-13, 3 Centaurs and 2 Novas:
[ external image ]

Boron President's End Task Force Beta B-49, 3 Hydras and 2 Barracudas:
[ external image ]

Cloudbase Southwest

Now, you've already seen a few screenshots of this sector already, but here are a few more:

The Colossus that patrols through the system:
[ external image ]

A mine in front of the planet. How's that for a landscape, huh?
[ external image ]

Red Light

Red Light has a pretty awesome asteroid field, too.

Here's the Federal Argon Installation, also revealing the asteroids and the lava planet:
[ external image ]

Terracorp Computer Plant showing off asteroids and a Mars-like planet:
[ external image ]

The Titan destroyer:
[ external image ]

Through the Nova's cockpit:
[ external image ]

That's it for now, what do you think?

I will make periodic updates when I've finished some more sectors!
Cheers,
S

Graceburn

Post by Graceburn » Fri, 6. Jun 08, 14:22

hey man, be careful, we don't want too many screens of pandora out yet! and i am looking forward to the map, is this the one for pandora, or the piarte guild map?

@bobthemanofsteel: i am from aus too, does your REPLAY! version have a CD key? mine doesn't

SWAHILI!!!

Post by SWAHILI!!! » Fri, 6. Jun 08, 15:59

Well, we do have over 60 screenshots in the Pandora gallery, so I don't think I've revealed much! :D

I will talk to Chris about this being a possible alternate version of the map for Pandora, and I'm trying to decide whether or not the Piracy map should be for Pandora, too, or for Top GUn.

What do you think?

Shadow dream
x3tc

Post by Shadow dream » Fri, 6. Jun 08, 16:34

I don't mind if you show screens here, cause of our public gallery, but the stuff in the map should stay unpublished until first release (for bigger surprise :D )
Wahre Gentlemen behalten sogar umzingelt von Löwen ihren Leitsatz: Ladies first.
Wann lernt die Gesellschaft endlich, dass Geld erst die Probleme macht, die wir haben?
[ external image ]
Topic - Gallery - Forum - Freiheit

SWAHILI!!!

Post by SWAHILI!!! » Fri, 6. Jun 08, 16:47

No problem, I'm just showing off the asteroids and the main stuff, no new ships, and the only new station I showed was a Federal Argon Installation.

Graceburn

Post by Graceburn » Sat, 7. Jun 08, 12:59

that sounds OK, just try not to put new ships or stuff up, if anyone wants to get an early (very early, you'll be hungry for a while :wink: ) they can visit http://gallery.x2-pandora.de/ for a look, and that reminds me: have you seen a new UFO in action yet swahili? they look really cool, it was in brennan's triumph, and there was a massive pirate attack, so chris's scripts must be working, they had ships from almost all the races, including xenon, and they killed me when i was in the spacesuit. anyway, i changed the ufo to mine (cheatscript) and it wouldn't listen to me so i blew it up, and it had an argon 'NOOOOO!!!!' as usual. :D

Neeko
x3

Post by Neeko » Wed, 11. Jun 08, 22:27

I find both X2 and X3 to be fun to play, X2 I play when I don't want to thrash my computer, it's my slow, casual game X2 is. As for X3, when I feel like listening to my computer take off I'll play it, it's also my larking about game, cheat,s mods and other stuff so I can just simply wreak havoc lol

Cha0sLord11

Post by Cha0sLord11 » Sat, 14. Jun 08, 01:56

Of course!!

skkayman

Post by skkayman » Sat, 14. Jun 08, 16:46

Hello ppl :)
I was just going to preorder X3 but after reading this topic, I am now sure :) I am now thinking about buying X2 instead of X3 :))

What would you say, buy X2 or X3? X2 don't have special edition with t-shirt like X3..

SWAHILI!!!

Post by SWAHILI!!! » Sat, 14. Jun 08, 17:19

X2 kicks butt

The Trade Empire

Post by The Trade Empire » Sat, 14. Jun 08, 18:38

skkayman wrote:What would you say, buy X2 or X3? X2 don't have special edition with t-shirt like X3..
To be fair - X2 is generally considered to be easier to use and a bit more fun to play than X3. Although X3 allows the player to own a HQ (...and is more graphically advanced...), in X2 you can actually dock inside stations. Also (...from what i have heard...so i could be wrong on this...) X3 can take more playing time to really get through the game.

"WHAT??????"

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”