[Script][V1.2] X2 Complex Kit - Complexes for X2!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Sun, 11. Nov 07, 19:21

reply any faster and you will beat the request
many many thanks
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Tue, 13. Nov 07, 13:13

sorry to be a pain but
on the offchance I tryed this
backed up my stuff onto disk uninstalled the game+everything I'd put in reinstalled the game with only the X² All In One Bonus Package (v1.04.01)
+Artificial Life Update and X2complexKit1.1 to see if it made any change
Started Custom game but straight away before I typed in "Thereshallbewings" it already said modified in the top left corner typed it any way then made my way to omicron lyrae, docked at the shipyard and there was the Argon merchant scrapyard(not junkyard) to cut a long story short built a sillicon mine built scrapyard next to it this time the station command said
5 ReadText2010-1120
pressed 5 think i selected the mine it asked for a string typed yes ship and station messages came and went. I looked on the sector map And in green two stations Called ReadText 8760-11 and ReadText8760-12 had replaced the scrapyard and the sillicon mine was now called ReadText 8760-13 in white
other than the ReadText bit i guess that is what should happen but why the ReadText checked the t file and both the 448760 and the 498760 are in there, tryed removing the 49 then tryed taking out the 44 and renaming the 49 to 44 just incase but with no luck
anw ideas

hopping for a life with out TS catta
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Tue, 13. Nov 07, 14:38

In order to change a text files recognized language (ie. 44 - 49), changing the id numbers in the file name are not enough.

You need to open the file in a text editor (Notepad or such) and change the 'Language ID' number on the second line to match that of the language numbers you gave the file name.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Tue, 13. Nov 07, 16:57

@cattafett: Do you play any uncommom language version of X2 (meaning neither English nor German)? This would be one explanation for the problem.

Another would be that you did not copy the 448760.xml into the "t"-folder... by any means, your textfile could not be loaded and therefore your text is not displayed correctly. :?

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Wed, 14. Nov 07, 22:41

SymTec ltd.

no i play in English you were right the first time with the conflicting script and yes the 448760.xml file was in the t folder but some how something else was lost in the system .read somewhere on this site about having the modified thingy after a reinstall so i am going to get my harddrive wiped clean and then try again will post what i get

Jakesnake5
well what do you know outsmarted by a lump of plastic and wires
did'nt think it would work anyway but it was worth a try thank for the info

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Fri, 16. Nov 07, 00:20

uh so this complex hub thing sounds rather.... complex anyway what is it cause when i get x2 back my download file will start to fill again. it sounds like you attach factories to it or summat like that lol... PLEASE EXPLAIN WITH LESSER FORMAL WORDS LOL

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Fri, 16. Nov 07, 14:28

OK wiped the harddrive, rebooted the computer (reinstalled everything a growing computer needs), installed X2 and added the AI update and the all in one. Loaded the game all was good (even got rid of the modified thing in the corner)flew to Omicron Lyrae save the game. quit game added the complex1.1 script and t files to the game script and t files then loaded the game. it was still called scrapyard and I still got ReadText on the control panel and when i uninstalled and reinstalled the game the modified thingy was still in the corner
not to disrespect Sym tec but has anyone else got this to work if yes please can you let me know so i will know if its my computer or the script/t

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Fri, 16. Nov 07, 15:08

Lord_Dakier wrote:uh so this complex hub thing sounds rather.... complex anyway what is it cause when i get x2 back my download file will start to fill again. it sounds like you attach factories to it or summat like that lol... PLEASE EXPLAIN WITH LESSER FORMAL WORDS LOL
Did you ever hear about "complexes" in X3? You can "stick" several factories together, so that they share ware depots and their docking hub. With this, you can use fewer ships that trade wares from one of your stations to another, as e.g. the stations will use each other's products as resources (if they do), one ship can buy energy for several stations, and so on.

cattafett wrote:OK wiped the harddrive, rebooted the computer (reinstalled everything a growing computer needs), installed X2 and added the AI update and the all in one. Loaded the game all was good (even got rid of the modified thing in the corner)flew to Omicron Lyrae save the game. quit game added the complex1.1 script and t files to the game script and t files then loaded the game. it was still called scrapyard and I still got ReadText on the control panel and when i uninstalled and reinstalled the game the modified thingy was still in the corner
not to disrespect Sym tec but has anyone else got this to work if yes please can you let me know so i will know if its my computer or the script/t
You really don't have any other scripts installed? Poke Jakesnake5 if this worked on his install. ;)

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sat, 17. Nov 07, 16:56

8) amazing definately getting my download when i get x2 back

nice job!

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Mon, 26. Nov 07, 20:15

Hello long time no speak
ok afther a bit of PMing about it appears it may not be a script conflict as other people get the ReadText. sorry :oops:

Neeko
x3

Post by Neeko » Tue, 11. Dec 07, 03:52

Is it available in English? >.>

blazer1121

Post by blazer1121 » Tue, 11. Dec 07, 22:13

Would it be possible to please just have a simple pipe connecting the stations if they are close enough together?
Surly just a Cylinder bridging the gap between them wouldn't drop framerates, and then transports wouldn't have to be used.
Regardless, I have waited a long time for something like this to come, I'm definitely getting it anyway. I just think it would be easier to have a visual reference to be able to quickly tell if stations are connected.

azaghal
xr

Post by azaghal » Tue, 11. Dec 07, 22:27

Actually, I don't think the problem is having those pipes there (FPS-wise). The problem is putting them between stations (calculating their positions). If I got it right, in X3 you have a single short tube model, which you place again and again until the stations are connected by them (ie. you don't have one big tube). Now, if something like this was to be implemented in X2 via scripting, for start you'd need to add a model of single tube, then figure out how to connect two stations. One idea might be to have two types of tubes, one being incollidable (ie. you can't hit it). This type would extend from station outwards to ~500-600m (until it's out of reach of station parts, in order to avoid collision with station itself). After this you'd use solid tubes (for fun's sake to complicate things in universe :), which can be hit. But as I said - you'd need to figure out how to calculate the induvidual pipe positions (this includes thing like rotating them as well). Throw in possible obstacles between the stations being connected, and you get a picture how complicated it can get. AND if you take into consideration that it could happen that there are some flying object in-between during placing (like TS ships etc), things are getting even worse :)

If I got it wrong, please correct me.

blazer1121

Post by blazer1121 » Tue, 11. Dec 07, 23:12

Well connecting the two stations should only be possible with the tubes if they are on the same Z Plane, that way there is little problem there, then to connect the with the pipelines, have it come out of the backs of the stations, you know how almost all the stations have that weird bit opposite the docking bay that looks like a hump? Just have it set up a pipeline from there to a similar spot on the other station, with some sort of scripting that detects docking bays etc and puts several tubes together so they go around the area of the bay and don't get in the way so much. But really it doesn't matter so much if the tubing is in the way, have you ever seen a city that was perfectly planned out? eh eh did you? Yeah that's what I thought ;)

azaghal correct me if I'm wrong, but I think your name is giving me flash backs to SG-1 ? XD

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Tue, 11. Dec 07, 23:17

azaghal wrote:[...]

If I got it wrong, please correct me.
No, I guess you pretty much answered that question - X2 does not support angular calculations for the main parts, and doing all this calculation would involve great lots of stuff that the X2-MSCI-Engine just was not designed for, so that the effect would not account for the time needed.

There once was a person who suggested to do it for me, but I don't know where he went... :roll:

Edit: Let alone the fact that it is not possible to read out the tube-nodes via MSCI, so that gigantic script libraries would be necessary, which would steal even more time and performance.

blazer1121

Post by blazer1121 » Tue, 11. Dec 07, 23:30

An idea just sprung into my head,
What if there was nothing more than a beam of colour or light connecting stations. That solves the fly through able problem, there is no need for extra calculations because it is in a straight line no special calculations need to be done, plus it would look... er... pretty having glowing bands connecting the stations.

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Sat, 15. Dec 07, 08:46

sorry to be a pain but on the t file 448760 it has a 'Language ID' number of 49,
A is this some thing i've done without noticing or is this how it came and
B how do i change it (know i saw it somewhere but i can't remember where) :oops:

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sat, 15. Dec 07, 15:39

Sounds like a 49xxxx file was renamed to 44xxxx, without changing the internal language id.

Just edit it with Notepad, change the 49 to 44, and save. It should work ok, if you don't mind German. :)
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Sun, 16. Dec 07, 02:05

Jakesnake5
no, both 44xxxx and 49xxxx files from a freshly extracted complex kit have a internal language id of 49. Doing what you said on the 44xxxx (changing the 49 to 44) worked as now in game the complex thingy is called a complex hub and i get no ReadTexts plus it's all in English
SymTec ltd.
A you may want to check your t file
B does it matter if you chose the buying or selling bit of the hub's console
to attach a station
C can the distance between stations be increasd and the price to attach
stations be lessend if so how do i do it
D does the hub trasfer wares automaticly or do you need to tell it what to
send where as i have a sillicon mine and a SPP in a complex but the
mine is not mineing
i know I'm asking for a lot but if this wern't so good an idea...
basically it's your fault

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sun, 16. Dec 07, 12:12

:wall:

a) I will :roll:
b) nope
c) it can. But changing my balancing would be cheating :P
d) Everything works automatically. Is there enough ECs in the complex so that the mine has enough ECs to start with?

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”