[Script][V1.2] X2 Complex Kit - Complexes for X2!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

[Script][V1.2] X2 Complex Kit - Complexes for X2!

Post by SymTec ltd. » Fri, 19. Oct 07, 23:31

X2 Complex Kit - V1.2 (final)

Many players often state that they would play X2 much more often if it had the ability to build complexes. By today, no complexes have been introduced to X2 yet, and the chances are not very high that they ever will.

After this being consensus for about two years, I decided to change it. The X2 Complex Kit is the first one to actually enable complexes for X2.

Features
  • This is a script, not a modification. Complexes are simulated by routines that already exist in the game, so the savegames are compatible to about everything, no complicated install routines are required.
  • At an increasing number of shipyars throughout the universe, Complex Hubs are offered for sale. These can be converted into full complex-hubs using a station command, which then include both a Complex Purchase Center and a Complex Sales Outlet. Prices can be set independently.
  • For the small amount of 100.000Cr per station, you can add stations to the complex and even remove them from it later.
  • Due to increasingly complicated 3D-calculations that would be needed for this, the stations are not connected with tubes, but use the Goner-Freight Transporter. The single factories still exist in space, are still accessible via a statistics page and even the stations list, but cannot be landed on anymore. Due to the limited range of the Goner Freight Transporter, there may not be gaps of more than 4km between the stations.
  • An extensive Readme is included. No complaints are accepted of people who did not read the readme.
Screenshots from the betatests (X2 German 1.4)

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

Download
[ external image ]

Alternative Download over xdownloads.co.uk

[ external image ]

Comments? ;)

DE

A project by: STL Software Development and Modification, Argon Prime

Edit [21st August 2015]: Added alternative download link. X2-Illuminatus
Last edited by SymTec ltd. on Fri, 3. Oct 08, 14:04, edited 6 times in total.

SWAHILI!!!

Post by SWAHILI!!! » Sat, 20. Oct 07, 02:22

Dude. . . . .
I want it!
Any idea when it'll be ready for download?
S
As they say, you wouldn’t want to boronificate your potassigastrous plutonimeter before it magnesorites.

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sat, 20. Oct 07, 12:03

SWAHILI!!! wrote:Dude. . . . .
I want it!
Any idea when it'll be ready for download?
S
Hm... tomorrow?

Depends if any bugs are found, and if I don't get eaten by a big green monster popping up behind me in a deep and dark night.

SWAHILI!!!

Post by SWAHILI!!! » Sat, 20. Oct 07, 17:38

Excellent. Count me in for downloading it!
S
As they say, you wouldn’t want to boronificate your potassigastrous plutonimeter before it magnesorites.

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sun, 21. Oct 07, 12:20

No joke: Last night at about 10 PM, a big greenie popped up and ate my time... but I'm still alive, and release will be today. :roll:

Senator Vrax
x3tc

Post by Senator Vrax » Sun, 21. Oct 07, 13:19

:o :o

I haven't played X2 for over a year now. This thread has gotten me very tempted to re-install it again.

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sun, 21. Oct 07, 15:41

Version 1.0 released

I clearly advise anyone to take the thing with the savegames serious and create a backup for them before activating the script editor and installing the plugins. The risk of anything going wrong is really, really low, but it is never too good to have to rip apart the main production facilities just because some script did not quite work correctly.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Tue, 23. Oct 07, 00:15

Good lord, I'm all over it.

I don't have any complexe's yet, but I'll give it a go anyway. :)
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Thu, 8. Nov 07, 00:57

Need help :evil: :headbang: :headbang:
downloaded the station complex thingy the day it was put up and i still can't find the complex hub to buy,I am playing a White label game that starts at 1.4 with X² All In One Bonus Package Version 1.04 ,The Artificial Life Engine Update and a few other scripts.

Are there any scripts that are known to mess it up? or a way to force it to a shipyard?
please help... any one
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Fri, 9. Nov 07, 17:09

cattafett wrote:Need help :evil: :headbang: :headbang:
downloaded the station complex thingy the day it was put up and i still can't find the complex hub to buy,I am playing a White label game that starts at 1.4 with X² All In One Bonus Package Version 1.04 ,The Artificial Life Engine Update and a few other scripts.

Are there any scripts that are known to mess it up? or a way to force it to a shipyard?
please help... any one
I assume you activated the Script Editor. The complex kits only spread really slowly around the universe. You can about expect to find a new one everytime you reload the game. If this is too slow for you, you could try to open the scripteditor and look for the script "setup.plugin.stl.complex" in the list. Everytime you execute it with "r" and press enter until you get back to the list, one kit will be added to some shipyard.

Did you ever find any "Argon Junkyards" in your SYs?

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sat, 10. Nov 07, 23:40

Version 1.1 released
  • Bugfix: Resource leveling fixed
  • Bugfix: Money of first complex kit does not disappear anymore
  • Shipyard in Omicron Lyrae carries first Complex Construction Kit
@cattafett: This should solve your problem, in case you still did not find any complex hubs in your game.

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Sun, 11. Nov 07, 08:46

many thanks
Had found Argon Merchant Scrapyards but when I placed them I could no way to start them and guessed they were part of AalaarDB's salvagemodv2.5 guess I was wrong, anyway will download the 1.1 head over to Omicron Lyrae and have another go
once more many thanks
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sun, 11. Nov 07, 14:10

cattafett wrote:many thanks
Had found Argon Merchant Scrapyards but when I placed them I could no way to start them and guessed they were part of AalaarDB's salvagemodv2.5 guess I was wrong, anyway will download the 1.1 head over to Omicron Lyrae and have another go
once more many thanks
If they are called "Scrapyards", something might be wrong with the textfile. If you do not have the command in the station command console, there might be script conflicts as well, so you might want to have a look at conflicting command slots.

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Sun, 11. Nov 07, 18:12

just checking is the command in the station hub or the station you wish to connect

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sun, 11. Nov 07, 19:17

It's in the hub.

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Sun, 11. Nov 07, 19:21

reply any faster and you will beat the request
many many thanks

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Tue, 13. Nov 07, 13:13

sorry to be a pain but
on the offchance I tryed this
backed up my stuff onto disk uninstalled the game+everything I'd put in reinstalled the game with only the X² All In One Bonus Package (v1.04.01)
+Artificial Life Update and X2complexKit1.1 to see if it made any change
Started Custom game but straight away before I typed in "Thereshallbewings" it already said modified in the top left corner typed it any way then made my way to omicron lyrae, docked at the shipyard and there was the Argon merchant scrapyard(not junkyard) to cut a long story short built a sillicon mine built scrapyard next to it this time the station command said
5 ReadText2010-1120
pressed 5 think i selected the mine it asked for a string typed yes ship and station messages came and went. I looked on the sector map And in green two stations Called ReadText 8760-11 and ReadText8760-12 had replaced the scrapyard and the sillicon mine was now called ReadText 8760-13 in white
other than the ReadText bit i guess that is what should happen but why the ReadText checked the t file and both the 448760 and the 498760 are in there, tryed removing the 49 then tryed taking out the 44 and renaming the 49 to 44 just incase but with no luck
anw ideas

hopping for a life with out TS catta

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Tue, 13. Nov 07, 14:38

In order to change a text files recognized language (ie. 44 - 49), changing the id numbers in the file name are not enough.

You need to open the file in a text editor (Notepad or such) and change the 'Language ID' number on the second line to match that of the language numbers you gave the file name.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Tue, 13. Nov 07, 16:57

@cattafett: Do you play any uncommom language version of X2 (meaning neither English nor German)? This would be one explanation for the problem.

Another would be that you did not copy the 448760.xml into the "t"-folder... by any means, your textfile could not be loaded and therefore your text is not displayed correctly. :?

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Wed, 14. Nov 07, 22:41

SymTec ltd.

no i play in English you were right the first time with the conflicting script and yes the 448760.xml file was in the t folder but some how something else was lost in the system .read somewhere on this site about having the modified thingy after a reinstall so i am going to get my harddrive wiped clean and then try again will post what i get

Jakesnake5
well what do you know outsmarted by a lump of plastic and wires
did'nt think it would work anyway but it was worth a try thank for the info

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”