X2 The Threat High Difinition Pack V1.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Mowen
x3tc

Post by Mowen » Tue, 29. May 12, 20:17

Great graphic mod for x2 :!:

Thanks for it.
J'ai du me pencher de trop près sur le chaos de l'univers, j'ai tout pris dans la tronche. :-)

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Wed, 30. May 12, 00:22

X2-Illuminatus wrote:Just so you know: The link in the first post works for me. It can't hurt to have an alternative download link, though. :)
I am withdrawing my link since the official link is working. It wasn't working when I checked it a few months ago.

Thanks again for the fresh coat of paint on X2 Player.

JoeC00L
x3tc

Post by JoeC00L » Wed, 28. Nov 12, 00:14

SteelRush wrote:I have generated this mod as a false patch compatible with 1.5 X2:

http://www.2shared.com/file/g9_rIBD4/HD-Mod.html

As a false patch, it should be compatible with virtually any mod that doesn't alter the affected textures. This was fantastic work, so big props to Player for such a nice graphical overhaul.

To install, simply extract to your X2 folder, and 06.cat/dat will install there.
Is there any way you could reup this. The Mod seems to work here and the Intro looks better, but when loading a savegame or starting a new game X2 crashes.

EDIT:
Forget it, it works fine. I had "Equipment Research and Development", "Move to Coordinates" and "Command Queueing" installed in Plugin Manager. They are marked as compatible with X2 but obviously they are not. X2 also crashed as soon as the script editor was activated.
Does this somehow change default behavior? Because wrong unsigned scripts don't crash without the graphics mod, when I don't use the script editor.
Does it disable the signing requirement and why?
Also what would the 1.5 compatible false patch change? Will it remove the annoying "modified" text?

EDIT2: restoring Cockpits went fine using catpck from the Plugin Manager tools:
catpck.exe -r 06.cat types/TShips.pck
It felt pretty weird floating in space. I always was afraid to fall out of my ship as I was still seeing my Disco's engines on the left and right Eyefinity monitors (I just love triple head support in X2).
This also fixed the "modified" state. ;) I'm a happy camper now!

EDIT3: Nah, now my HUD is broken. Laser leading indicator is barely visible... DAMN. Any ideas?

EDIT4: I unpacked the files. Looks like the broken HUD is intentional. Pretty strange and looks very bad. I will make my own MOD from the files that will meet my personal taste. (with HUD, cockpits and the unmodified tattoos and eye colors and comm images) Thanks.

Ikcirt

Post by Ikcirt » Mon, 4. Mar 13, 13:38

Zeron-mk7 wrote:
artao wrote:How would one go about removing the 'ships.txt' file from the mod, pretty please??
You can do yourself, it's easy, you need X2 or X3 ModManager, open the mod and delete there Tships.pck file.
X2 ModManager installation errors and won't run. It says it needs VB, but I try to install VB manualy and it can't run still. I don't understand. I don't mean to bother, but can someone remove Tships.pck for me? I really want to use this mod. :(

Graci!

Managed to fix it myself. Thanks anyway.

ACE0

Post by ACE0 » Fri, 9. Aug 13, 11:16

I prefer using that version of this mod which doesnt remove the cockpits.
The largest difference can be seen definetely if you compare the old and the newer textures of the astorids. Old one had lower res textures, this one has much higher res, but also darker ones. The only one drawback of this mod is, it makes the asteroids less visible (much darker), so you can accidentally impact into one. I recommend using this mod with another one, some mod which changes sector background colors from darker to much brighter so u can see the asteroids.

T.Sparkle.AI

Post by T.Sparkle.AI » Sun, 1. Sep 13, 00:52

GeminiFire wrote:As much as i love the work you have done, that cursor is critical to positioning and station placement, so I have to unload you work. :(
Same. Not even going to entertain trying to do without the position marker.
Also, cockpits are nice and didn't need to be removed. X2 is not X3.

SS_T
x3ap

Post by SS_T » Wed, 16. Oct 13, 15:30

I some how have the original (i think) X2 Definition Pack here on XDownloads which I uploaded 2 years ago:
[ external image ]

And i've just uploaded the X2 High Definition Pack v1.1 here:
[ external image ]
Last edited by SS_T on Thu, 26. Nov 15, 18:13, edited 2 times in total.
New XDownloads: http://xdownloads.co.uk

Noodles1984
x4

Post by Noodles1984 » Tue, 28. Oct 14, 00:18

I'm sorry to bring back a VERY old thread, but I was wondering, if I remove the TShips.pck file will the better textures on all the ships vanish too? I'm assuming that's the case! If so, is there a way around it?

I have recently re-discovered X2 and have fallen in love with it all over again, and I came across this pack which, frankly, made me utter a noise not befitting a grown man, but I love the cockpits and, if there is ANY way that I can have the prettier textures on the ships AND have the cockpits (even if they are a lower res then the rest of the game) I would be a very happy bunny indeed!

I really hope someone out there can help me with this!

o/

JoeC00L
x3tc

Post by JoeC00L » Tue, 28. Oct 14, 01:10

Sure thing. X2 is awesome. Here is what I did:
  • Get X2 Mod Manager: http://x2mm.doubleshadow.wz.cz/ you can also grab the X2 Editor if you want to mess with the cockpits yourself.
  • Load up the 06.cat of the HD patch and delete the following files:

Code: Select all

tex\true\
	1327.jpg
	158.jpg
	45.jpg
	69.jpg
	762.jpg
	795.tga
	906.jpg
	Thumbs.db
types\
	TShips.txt
The result will be HD Textures with intact targeting indicators and some other stuff I didn't like about mod removed. I don't remeber all that I did back then.
I am currently not using it. I think it might have caused some slowdowns or crashes. But it is compatible with all vanilla savegames I think.
Let me know if that worked :)

Noodles1984
x4

Post by Noodles1984 » Tue, 28. Oct 14, 01:32

Thanks for your swift response! I'm currently looking into another HD texture pack (that improves the cockpit too XD ) but it seems a little, well, purple! lol! Plus it involved me having to "extract" my game, most unsettling! Will see how I get on with this new one, if I can't cope with the purple tinge that things have (and the russian in the cockpits! lol) then I'll give your suggestiona go! Thanks again!

Fly Safe!

Achedb0b

Post by Achedb0b » Mon, 29. Jun 15, 18:26

No cockpits? Does that mean no cockpit views?
Those are one of my favourite aspects of the games, why not hd the cockpits?

Only reason I'm not getting this : /
If vodka was water and I was a duck, I'd swim to the bottom and never come up, but vodka's not water and I'm not a duck, so pass me the bottle and shut the фок up.

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Fri, 1. Sep 17, 17:13

Sorry for resurrecting this really old thread :oops:

Just wanted to inform anyone interested in this mod that I have re-uploaded it and it is now available in the link provided below. Also, the link on the first page has been updated too.

Important note: The cockpits have been returned due to the fact that X2 is just not X2 without the cockpits :roll:

Link to download: http://www.moddb.com/mods/x2-high-defin ... hd-pack-12
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183585 - X2 The Threat High Definition Mod - You know you wanna :)

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Fri, 15. Sep 17, 13:33

Thanks for updating the mod for this classic game, really nice. I played X2 on laptop during my recent trip in last week that now I have to end the plot on my desktop pc - thanks for the cloud Egosoft!

Anyways the mod looks great with refreshed textures and this is what I've been looking for ages. Additionally I'm using HD backgrounds from this thread https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=336581 and these in combination with your mod do the job.
I hope they are compatible, although I haven't seen any conflicts despite the background mod using their own gate effect. I have your mod marked as 06 while the background mod as 07.
Which one should have the higher number or it doesn't matter in this case?
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Fri, 15. Sep 17, 20:34

Sorkvild wrote:Thanks for updating the mod for this classic game, really nice. I played X2 on laptop during my recent trip in last week that now I have to end the plot on my desktop pc - thanks for the cloud Egosoft!

Anyways the mod looks great with refreshed textures and this is what I've been looking for ages. Additionally I'm using HD backgrounds from this thread https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=336581 and these in combination with your mod do the job.
I hope they are compatible, although I haven't seen any conflicts despite the background mod using their own gate effect. I have your mod marked as 06 while the background mod as 07.
Which one should have the higher number or it doesn't matter in this case?
I haven't done many changes to the backgrounds (just one of them as a test) so there shouldn't be much conflict.

In theory I'm planning on doing the backgrounds too but I'm still not happy about how my nebula's turn out so that won't be out soon... If at all.

Both mods should work fine for now :)
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183585 - X2 The Threat High Definition Mod - You know you wanna :)

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”