X2 The Threat High Difinition Pack V1.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

shinobi2204

Post by shinobi2204 » Wed, 20. Oct 10, 00:39

Player. wrote:
shinobi2204 wrote:ok i just installed this and lost my cockpit...is this right?
Ohh yeah I forgot to mention that in the new version there are no cockpits...
is there anyway round this? I like the cockpits

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Wed, 20. Oct 10, 00:40

shinobi2204 wrote:
Player. wrote:
shinobi2204 wrote:ok i just installed this and lost my cockpit...is this right?
Ohh yeah I forgot to mention that in the new version there are no cockpits...
is there anyway round this? I like the cockpits
Hmm, I could split the next version to a version that does include cockpits and one that doesn't... :roll:

Until then the only solution is to remove the ships.txt file from the mod which is where the cockpits are removed.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183585 - X2 The Threat High Definition Mod - You know you wanna :)

shinobi2204

Post by shinobi2204 » Wed, 20. Oct 10, 01:07

is that an easy thing to do?

Aesir
x3tc

Post by Aesir » Thu, 28. Oct 10, 21:25

Please don't remove the X2 cockpits. I'm trying to play X2 now, though I have X3:R and TC, and I'm doing this partly because I wanted ship cockpits.
-æsir

BoBSakamato

Post by BoBSakamato » Thu, 18. Nov 10, 06:10

There are some pretty good cockpit mods for x3 out now, but I agree it's a killer mod dude but I'd really like to have the cockpit back.

Don't think I dont appreciate the work tho man its deadly!
" I can't believe I ate the whole thing "

GeminiFire
x3tc

Post by GeminiFire » Thu, 18. Nov 10, 15:21

Great MOD!!! Thanx for the hard work...

It appears that i have a problem though.
I can live without the cockpits, and like it that way (X3:R & X3:TC player),
but my placement cursor disappeared.

When one give a "move to position" or "build" command, there is a set of brackets AND animated inward-moving chevron cursor (for placement/position). I found that after I started running this MOD, this chevron cursor was invisible. I found it using the coordinates and moved it to 0,0,0 but could not see it.

As much as i love the work you have done, that cursor is critical to positioning and station placement, so I have to unload you work. :(

Has anyone else experienced this anomoly? Any fixes/workarounds?
(I run no other MODs at this time)

Thanx again!!!
GF
Trade Hard, Fight Smart, Die Well ( then Reload :D )
===================================
PC FireStorm - Windows 7 PRO x64 - AMD FX8350 8-Core
Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 - OCZ SSD C:, X: - Asus GTX 760 - G. Skill 32Gb DDR3-1600

artao
x3tc

Post by artao » Thu, 30. Dec 10, 02:01

How would one go about removing the 'ships.txt' file from the mod, pretty please??

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Thu, 30. Dec 10, 11:39

artao wrote:How would one go about removing the 'ships.txt' file from the mod, pretty please??
You can do yourself, it's easy, you need X2 or X3 ModManager, open the mod and delete there Tships.pck file.

artao
x3tc

Post by artao » Thu, 30. Dec 10, 21:25

hey thanks!
curious tho, Player just says to remove the 'ships.txt' file, while what you're saying is to remove the 'Tships.pck' file ... mis-speak, or is that all the 'Tships.pck' file is? perhaps I have to open the 'Tships,pck' file and delete the 'ships.txt' file from that?
... or maybe I'll just stick with Organic Mod for now ... I did run this (High Def) mod for awhile, but the only real difference I noticed between it and Organic Mod was the detail on the asteroids ...

Fitzy Of Sydney
x3tc

Post by Fitzy Of Sydney » Wed, 2. Feb 11, 05:06

Great... going to give this a bash tonight.

jug007
x4

Post by jug007 » Sat, 20. Aug 11, 11:21

Is there any way to get the cockpit back?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 20. Aug 11, 11:36

Read the posts above. Removing the tships file from the mod, should do the trick.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Thu, 24. Nov 11, 21:13

I have generated this mod as a false patch compatible with 1.5 X2:

http://www.2shared.com/file/g9_rIBD4/HD-Mod.html

As a false patch, it should be compatible with virtually any mod that doesn't alter the affected textures. This was fantastic work, so big props to Player for such a nice graphical overhaul.

To install, simply extract to your X2 folder, and 06.cat/dat will install there.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Sat, 26. May 12, 20:52

EDIT - First link is working. Thanks for the great mod!
Last edited by SteelRush on Wed, 30. May 12, 00:20, edited 1 time in total.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 26. May 12, 21:27

Just so you know: The link in the first post works for me. It can't hurt to have an alternative download link, though. :)
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Mowen
x3tc

Post by Mowen » Tue, 29. May 12, 20:17

Great graphic mod for x2 :!:

Thanks for it.
J'ai du me pencher de trop près sur le chaos de l'univers, j'ai tout pris dans la tronche. :-)

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Wed, 30. May 12, 00:22

X2-Illuminatus wrote:Just so you know: The link in the first post works for me. It can't hurt to have an alternative download link, though. :)
I am withdrawing my link since the official link is working. It wasn't working when I checked it a few months ago.

Thanks again for the fresh coat of paint on X2 Player.

JoeC00L
x3tc

Post by JoeC00L » Wed, 28. Nov 12, 00:14

SteelRush wrote:I have generated this mod as a false patch compatible with 1.5 X2:

http://www.2shared.com/file/g9_rIBD4/HD-Mod.html

As a false patch, it should be compatible with virtually any mod that doesn't alter the affected textures. This was fantastic work, so big props to Player for such a nice graphical overhaul.

To install, simply extract to your X2 folder, and 06.cat/dat will install there.
Is there any way you could reup this. The Mod seems to work here and the Intro looks better, but when loading a savegame or starting a new game X2 crashes.

EDIT:
Forget it, it works fine. I had "Equipment Research and Development", "Move to Coordinates" and "Command Queueing" installed in Plugin Manager. They are marked as compatible with X2 but obviously they are not. X2 also crashed as soon as the script editor was activated.
Does this somehow change default behavior? Because wrong unsigned scripts don't crash without the graphics mod, when I don't use the script editor.
Does it disable the signing requirement and why?
Also what would the 1.5 compatible false patch change? Will it remove the annoying "modified" text?

EDIT2: restoring Cockpits went fine using catpck from the Plugin Manager tools:
catpck.exe -r 06.cat types/TShips.pck
It felt pretty weird floating in space. I always was afraid to fall out of my ship as I was still seeing my Disco's engines on the left and right Eyefinity monitors (I just love triple head support in X2).
This also fixed the "modified" state. ;) I'm a happy camper now!

EDIT3: Nah, now my HUD is broken. Laser leading indicator is barely visible... DAMN. Any ideas?

EDIT4: I unpacked the files. Looks like the broken HUD is intentional. Pretty strange and looks very bad. I will make my own MOD from the files that will meet my personal taste. (with HUD, cockpits and the unmodified tattoos and eye colors and comm images) Thanks.

Ikcirt

Post by Ikcirt » Mon, 4. Mar 13, 13:38

Zeron-mk7 wrote:
artao wrote:How would one go about removing the 'ships.txt' file from the mod, pretty please??
You can do yourself, it's easy, you need X2 or X3 ModManager, open the mod and delete there Tships.pck file.
X2 ModManager installation errors and won't run. It says it needs VB, but I try to install VB manualy and it can't run still. I don't understand. I don't mean to bother, but can someone remove Tships.pck for me? I really want to use this mod. :(

Graci!

Managed to fix it myself. Thanks anyway.

ACE0

Post by ACE0 » Fri, 9. Aug 13, 11:16

I prefer using that version of this mod which doesnt remove the cockpits.
The largest difference can be seen definetely if you compare the old and the newer textures of the astorids. Old one had lower res textures, this one has much higher res, but also darker ones. The only one drawback of this mod is, it makes the asteroids less visible (much darker), so you can accidentally impact into one. I recommend using this mod with another one, some mod which changes sector background colors from darker to much brighter so u can see the asteroids.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”