The Script Editor / Galaxy Editor

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

freelancer6661
x2

Post by freelancer6661 » Wed, 7. Jan 04, 15:42

tryied to open the editor. i type thereshallbewings and everytime a command menu opens up when i hit the H key...how do i type the full word without haveing a mene pop up?

Subatomic Dog
x2

Post by Subatomic Dog » Wed, 7. Jan 04, 16:02

Make sure to use a CAPITAL T

freelancer6661
x2

Post by freelancer6661 » Wed, 7. Jan 04, 17:58

I am useing the T when i type the word..no help there...do i need the patch or something?

Fear
x3tc

Post by Fear » Thu, 8. Jan 04, 20:48

nope no need to patch, maybe a typo or your type it to slow, I never heard the beep myself though.

I wonder how to kill a script, removing didn't work. :(
Fear
--------
"Black holes suck"

WetWarev7
x3tc

Post by WetWarev7 » Thu, 8. Jan 04, 21:51

FuzzyLightning wrote:
WetWarev7 wrote:
FuzzyLightning wrote:
Vipula wrote:Is it possible to stop a script running once you have started it?
if that doesnt work, take the save games that dont have the new scripts and save them into a little file, then reinstall X2.
-FuZzY
:lol: That's pretty much it........although you don't have to reinstall.
lol yeah you dont have to reinstall, i missed out abit of text too :roll:

Find the script in the X2 scripts directory and either move it out of the folder or delete it.

-FuZzEh!
That still won't stop a script that is already running in a save game. It just recreates the script. I'm sure all will be revealed once the documentation comes out. :D
My X2 mods:
Pirate Scanner(X2)
Have Scanner-Will Travel(X2)
WetWare's Ship Tweaks(X2)

coxpwr
x2

Post by coxpwr » Sun, 11. Jan 04, 02:44

I took a look at the script editor and I discovered that unless you have knowledge in using the correct terms to write a script you are screwed. Not only that I can't pull up any of the scripts that are in the script database except for 4 or 5 that show up. what i can do in there is very limited so I ask this. Is there any instructions other then that which egosoft is writing that explains how to write a script and the terms that are used?

Firedancer
x3

hehe

Post by Firedancer » Mon, 12. Jan 04, 10:26

coxpwr wrote:I took a look at the script editor and I discovered that unless you have knowledge in using the correct terms to write a script you are screwed. Not only that I can't pull up any of the scripts that are in the script database except for 4 or 5 that show up. what i can do in there is very limited so I ask this. Is there any instructions other then that which egosoft is writing that explains how to write a script and the terms that are used?
I must agree the samples in there weren't all too helpful.
Anyway the syntax is pretty self explaining, and after a few tries I figured quite a few things. E.g. Finaly found out how to send 'incoming messages' proper *ggg* - though I gotta admit I still gotta figure how to do those multi-line messages... :/
there are some script forums being born though.. not my own page but maybe look here for samples? http://www.xscripting.com/

Fear
x3tc

Post by Fear » Mon, 12. Jan 04, 11:12

I'd just like to be able to kill scripts. I had the stationmanager script that sets all station credits to a specified number and adds the diffrence to your account(saves allot of time with 20 facts). But it was buggy as hell. so I reverted to a savegame b4 I used it.
Fear
--------
"Black holes suck"

Brianetta
x4

Post by Brianetta » Tue, 13. Jan 04, 17:51

coxpwr wrote:I took a look at the script editor and I discovered that unless you have knowledge in using the correct terms to write a script you are screwed. Not only that I can't pull up any of the scripts that are in the script database except for 4 or 5 that show up. what i can do in there is very limited so I ask this. Is there any instructions other then that which egosoft is writing that explains how to write a script and the terms that are used?
Well, see, that was exactly why the activation code for the script editor wasn't going to be released - the documentation was not finished. The documentation was originally going to contain the activation code along with the scripting instructions, but the code got revealed from another source.

We're still waiting for the documentation. The examples weren't intended as examples, they just happen to be there. If you are having trouble scripting, you can either wait for the documentation, or ask for help on the non-Egosoft scripting communities (such as www.xscripting.com ). Neither the developers nor the devnet / beta testing team will help you with scripting until it is officially supported and documented.
PGP fingerprint: FA3D CA2F 38D3 BA69 87E1 D52E C204 FB5C 430A 0BFA

coxpwr
x2

Post by coxpwr » Wed, 14. Jan 04, 18:11

Exactly what I intend to do. besides, trying to figure out how they determine the turrent gun configs is keeping me occupied at the moment. They don't fit allong the same lines as the main gun configs.

kaine
x2

Post by kaine » Fri, 16. Jan 04, 07:53

Do we have a rought ETA on the scripting instructions? is it weeks away or months away?
kaine
Novas caught - 10
Rank - UNCC Nova-Soldier
Title - UNCC Corporal

Brianetta
x4

Post by Brianetta » Fri, 16. Jan 04, 13:19

kaine wrote:Do we have a rought ETA on the scripting instructions? is it weeks away or months away?
Yes, I believe that's correct.

echo_buzz
x2

Post by echo_buzz » Sat, 17. Jan 04, 07:18

coxpwr,
i dont know if found out or not how to install different lasers in the same tower,but different bays, so ill tell you here:
(3 bay turret)
$front = shipname->install 2 units of alpha PSG
$front = shiptname->install1 unit of ion disruptor

so from the main menue chose TRADE COMMANDS
the 4th line example will say: <blah>INSTALL<blah>units of<blah>
press it and it will take you to a different menue,
from the SCRIPT INPUT menue push <VARIABLE>and give it a name say front, so then you'll have:

$front = ? -> install ? units of ?
replace the question marks with variables: shipname,unitts, weapon name.
$front = shipname->install 2 units of alpha Phase Shockwave Generator.

instead of scrolling everytime through the weapon list, just declare them before, something like:

aPSG = alpha Phase Shockwave Generator
$front = shipname->install 2 units of aPSG

i just started on the editor today so maybe there's a better way of doin it, but the abouve still works :D

kaine
x2

Post by kaine » Sat, 17. Jan 04, 08:06

Brianetta wrote:
kaine wrote:Do we have a rought ETA on the scripting instructions? is it weeks away or months away?
You can't answer that question with a yes :) . Is is weeks or months?
kaine
Novas caught - 10
Rank - UNCC Nova-Soldier
Title - UNCC Corporal

echo_buzz
x2

Post by echo_buzz » Sat, 17. Jan 04, 08:19

he's propably tesing you :lol:

akrules!
x3

Post by akrules! » Sat, 17. Jan 04, 13:57

kaine wrote:
Brianetta wrote:
My best guess would be 1 month. I reckon they want to allow some of the people buying the EU to play a little, after a few weeks from February 6, they will release the manual.

This is just a complete guess by the way...

Orlando Benjamin
x2

Post by Orlando Benjamin » Sat, 17. Jan 04, 18:00

Where is that Script Editor?

echo_buzz
x2

Post by echo_buzz » Sat, 17. Jan 04, 18:56

while you floating around in space just type: Thereshallbewings (with capital T), then push: S C S , and it will start. :)

BurnIt!
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by BurnIt! » Sat, 17. Jan 04, 22:08

We now have a scripting forum for all you hobby scripters out there.
Note that scripting still is NOT supported.
BurnIt!
In der Ruhe liegt die Kraft. / In peace lies strength.

Brianetta
x4

Post by Brianetta » Thu, 22. Jan 04, 18:44

kaine wrote:
Brianetta wrote:
Yes I can. Or is a logical function, which returns true or false (yes or no). Yes, it is weeks or months.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”