The Script Editor / Galaxy Editor

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

scritty
x4

Post by scritty » Thu, 12. Feb 04, 00:00

Judging by the VERY slow movement on this thread (one page now covers many weeks) I think everyone is generally being very patient. An answer from Egosoft is in order. Some of us have had the game 3 months now, with a major feature still unsupported.

Even if it's just "Don't know" or "August 2006".

Egosoft..come on , throw us a line.

Cheers

Clarker
We've got lumps of it ..around the back !

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 12. Feb 04, 00:07

BurnIt! did answer, but in another thread. Hope that counts as a line thrown. :)

mmantzas
x3

Post by mmantzas » Fri, 20. Feb 04, 11:07

Just a quick note, and I mean NO disrespeact to the honorable Burnit.
Shall is used ONLY to the first person. ie: I Shall, We Shall.
So Thereshallbewings should be changed to Therewillbewings.

:-)

Stay all cool. :-)

mmantzas

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Sun, 22. Feb 04, 03:24

mmantzas wrote:Just a quick note, and I mean NO disrespeact to the honorable Burnit.
Shall is used ONLY to the first person. ie: I Shall, We Shall.
So Thereshallbewings should be changed to Therewillbewings.

:-)

Stay all cool. :-)

mmantzas
Maybe that is true...but I don't know I'm not an English Teacher,
What I do know is that "There shall be wings!" is a semi quote from Leonardo da Vinci.

For those interested here is the full quote and how it came about:
When Leonardo da Vinci, standing at the edge of the precipice on Mount Albano, saw the flying machine of his designing crash in the valley below, he cried to the winds, so one of his biographers states:

"There shall be wings!. If the accomplishment be not for me, 'tis for some other. It shall be done. The spirit cannot lie; and man who shall know all and who shall have wings, shall indeed be as a god."
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

SoloUK
x2

Post by SoloUK » Mon, 23. Feb 04, 22:28

How do I access the Script Editor pls ?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 23. Feb 04, 23:06

The answer is in the first post in this thread, and also in the additional thread you started here. Feel free to ask questions, but please just post them once. ;)

scritty
x4

Post by scritty » Fri, 5. Mar 04, 12:41

There must be a lot more to the script editor than people have uncovered. I mean the tuorials her cover about 75% of everything I'm aware of, and can be printed on 2 or 3 sheets of A4 quite comfortably, (And have been availbale for WEEKS)

So the script documantation must be a hell of a lot more comprehensive, hopefully revealing a lot of features we weren't aware of.

Bring it on...
Clarker
We've got lumps of it ..around the back !

JustHere4Coffee
x2

I like they've included BurnIt!'s tutorials

Post by JustHere4Coffee » Wed, 10. Mar 04, 19:20

in the official modder's pack - but it's a shame it stops halfway through a sentence!

I think someone pressed the wrong button on the PDF encoder

amike
x2

Post by amike » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 01:24

Since I do a little programming my self, I been pocking around this script editor, but not impressed enough to play with it, why cant we compile our own story files, where are the API SDK’s ?, how much can you change with this script editor, for example could a person create 3D first person control, so that you can get out of your ships chair/station, and walk around inside, interacting with guns and equipment ? self repair the ship, land on planets, build worlds, business, and a whole lot of other good stuff I can think of.........., I guess my expectations were to hi.

Only thing I’ve noticed different so far, is improved graphics, and a more involved story line, everything else hasn’t changed much since the last release.

Mike

McSmiley
x2

Re: I like they've included BurnIt!'s tutorials

Post by McSmiley » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 01:29

JustHere4Coffee wrote:in the official modder's pack - but it's a shame it stops halfway through a sentence!
Btw, will we be notified (and in which way) if the work is "really" completed ?
"Ihr seid ja alle wahnsinnig!" (Scooter, 20.Jh.)

ScribbleJ
x3

Post by ScribbleJ » Tue, 23. Mar 04, 08:11

I played through X2, and was real excited for the scripting documentation to come along...

Er, should I still be waiting? I just popped on the board to see if it'd been released yet, and I'm not finding it anyplace.

samadie
x2

Post by samadie » Thu, 8. Apr 04, 18:23

:cry: please oh please oh please can you give me a simple script to
give me unlimeted credits or if that is not posible then please give me
a script to get 9999999 credits thnx soo much plz help

LOD_Rikus
x2

Post by LOD_Rikus » Thu, 29. Apr 04, 18:51

:( i'm getting a little tired of typing "Thereshallbewings" scs, with no effect, i'v tried 'bout everything and read most posts conc. this issue, to no avail...while i'm typing this post it dawns on me i'll have to keep at it so pls excuse my demorelized post, but i read all this and that 'bout these great scripts and there uses like FATE tradings commands and jewels like that (i'm not interested in the cheats) so...anyone...

grr, thumbs up to all you scripters out there, now if i just could make it work.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 29. Apr 04, 18:54

You need to be in space when you type the "Thereshallbewings" text. You also need to type it reasonably slowly and make sure you use Shift-T for the first letter. Nothing much will happen when you do this. The S-C-S part should just take you into the Ship -> Commands -> Script Editor menu.

LOD_Rikus
x2

Post by LOD_Rikus » Thu, 29. Apr 04, 19:15

thx for the quick response, i'll go at it again. :D moral bonus + 10 this time, hehe thx again.

LOD_Rikus
x2

Post by LOD_Rikus » Fri, 30. Apr 04, 08:42

hi again, this is what happens when i try the actvation of the editor;
Shift T , then very slowly all the letters till i press "a" ( ship tillts to the left) then when i hit the "b" ( it accelerates to max speed), and then when i press "g" , betty reminds me that 'ecliptic projector is not installed', grr
maybe if i try it inside a ship with no upgrades it will work. or is there a way to turn of those keyboard shortcuts for a while ?
i'v tried doing that in the options menu by turning of the "fast menu", but to no avail..

out of ideas...

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 3. May 04, 20:30

That will only happen if you start in the wrong place or mis-type a letter. Once again, you must be flying in space with no menus open when you start typing the text.

Floris Jonkers
x2

Post by Floris Jonkers » Tue, 11. May 04, 09:21

You don't even have to type slow, Im typing it with 10 fingers really quick. And with me too I'm activating all kinds of stuff on my ship, but the scripteditor does kick in.

Rijntjuh
x2

Post by Rijntjuh » Wed, 12. May 04, 13:42

LOD_Rikus wrote:hi again, this is what happens when i try the actvation of the editor;
Shift T , then very slowly all the letters till i press "a" ( ship tillts to the left) then when i hit the "b" ( it accelerates to max speed), and then when i press "g" , betty reminds me that 'ecliptic projector is not installed', grr
maybe if i try it inside a ship with no upgrades it will work. or is there a way to turn of those keyboard shortcuts for a while ?
i'v tried doing that in the options menu by turning of the "fast menu", but to no avail..

out of ideas...
I had that problem too, but i figured out that the X2 keyboard layout seems to be different and is in a qwerty mode instead of azerty, so you just type "Thereshqllbezings" instead of "Thereshallbewings".

Maybe that'll work for you too?

LOD_Rikus
x2

Post by LOD_Rikus » Tue, 18. May 04, 21:28

Copy that guys, will try all of the above, thx a bunch

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”