The Script Editor / Galaxy Editor

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LOD_Rikus
x2

Post by LOD_Rikus » Fri, 30. Apr 04, 08:42

hi again, this is what happens when i try the actvation of the editor;
Shift T , then very slowly all the letters till i press "a" ( ship tillts to the left) then when i hit the "b" ( it accelerates to max speed), and then when i press "g" , betty reminds me that 'ecliptic projector is not installed', grr
maybe if i try it inside a ship with no upgrades it will work. or is there a way to turn of those keyboard shortcuts for a while ?
i'v tried doing that in the options menu by turning of the "fast menu", but to no avail..

out of ideas...

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 3. May 04, 20:30

That will only happen if you start in the wrong place or mis-type a letter. Once again, you must be flying in space with no menus open when you start typing the text.

Floris Jonkers
x2

Post by Floris Jonkers » Tue, 11. May 04, 09:21

You don't even have to type slow, Im typing it with 10 fingers really quick. And with me too I'm activating all kinds of stuff on my ship, but the scripteditor does kick in.

Rijntjuh
x2

Post by Rijntjuh » Wed, 12. May 04, 13:42

LOD_Rikus wrote:hi again, this is what happens when i try the actvation of the editor;
Shift T , then very slowly all the letters till i press "a" ( ship tillts to the left) then when i hit the "b" ( it accelerates to max speed), and then when i press "g" , betty reminds me that 'ecliptic projector is not installed', grr
maybe if i try it inside a ship with no upgrades it will work. or is there a way to turn of those keyboard shortcuts for a while ?
i'v tried doing that in the options menu by turning of the "fast menu", but to no avail..

out of ideas...
I had that problem too, but i figured out that the X2 keyboard layout seems to be different and is in a qwerty mode instead of azerty, so you just type "Thereshqllbezings" instead of "Thereshallbewings".

Maybe that'll work for you too?

LOD_Rikus
x2

Post by LOD_Rikus » Tue, 18. May 04, 21:28

Copy that guys, will try all of the above, thx a bunch

lloydh35
x3

Post by lloydh35 » Mon, 5. Jul 04, 04:57

ok -- can someone please help me with this?

I got the script editor activated (i'm on version 1.3 btw) and created a simple script for one ship to pick up 2K units of energy and disperse it among all my stations in one area. Nothing sophisticated, just fly to station sell 400 energy, fly to station sell 400 energy ... then start over again.

First time I tried it I put it inside a never ending loop, but when circumstances changed I couldn't get it to stop. So I changed and put in a loop counter to stop the script after 25 loops.

It works great, but after completion, or after a reload the script is gone? Why do my scripts keep disappearing? How can I save them permanently?

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Mon, 5. Jul 04, 05:09

lloydh35 wrote:ok -- can someone please help me with this?

I got the script editor activated (i'm on version 1.3 btw) and created a simple script for one ship to pick up 2K units of energy and disperse it among all my stations in one area. Nothing sophisticated, just fly to station sell 400 energy, fly to station sell 400 energy ... then start over again.

First time I tried it I put it inside a never ending loop, but when circumstances changed I couldn't get it to stop. So I changed and put in a loop counter to stop the script after 25 loops.

It works great, but after completion, or after a reload the script is gone? Why do my scripts keep disappearing? How can I save them permanently?
X2 won't save scripts to disk if they contain pointers to stations.

To save the script you need to be a bit creative and use the find station commands to create the list of stations each time the script is run.

lloydh35
x3

Post by lloydh35 » Mon, 5. Jul 04, 13:02

thanks moggy2 :)

Bobby McGee
x3

Script Editor Activation

Post by Bobby McGee » Wed, 7. Jul 04, 01:27

I cant seem to get the script editor activated ive been trying for about an hour now doing everything i could find in the forums and in the manual that comes with the modder but i cant seem to get the editor activated.
What I am doing is pressing shift+t hereshallbewings and all it does is scroll through all the menus and the faster i type the faster it goes throught the menus just like the slower i type the slower it goes through the menus. I even tried the one suggestion of replacing the a with a q and the w with a z and it didnt work any other suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. FYI I'm using 1.3 of the game. Thanks for your time and help.

46th_Terror
x2

Post by 46th_Terror » Sun, 11. Jul 04, 04:49

Where should I type this? If I just type it nothing happens. Same if typed in the message log area. Never mind found my mistake.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 11. Jul 04, 12:54

BurnIt!, in the first post in this thread, wrote:If you are certain that you want to use this unsupported feature type Thereshallbewings (note the capital T) while flying in space to activate the "Script Editor" menu item in the command console. A confirmation beep will sound on correct activation.

OnlineKenji
x3tc

Post by OnlineKenji » Sat, 24. Jul 04, 20:24

I didn't get a beep when I did it, but I did see the scripting menu after that time.
There are only two things in life that matter, and I have them both. They're not what you might think, and once you learn that you'll be much happier.

erik nilsson
x3tc

Post by erik nilsson » Fri, 30. Jul 04, 14:51

was exists dena Script Editor ???????
was can I get take on the Script Editor ?????????????????????????

:? :?:

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 30. Jul 04, 14:55

Please read the first post in this thread where it is explained.

caster
x4

scripts

Post by caster » Wed, 11. Aug 04, 16:02

hi iam very new to this as this question proves iam trying to start using scripts it says to activate script editor type in Thereshallbewings wilst flying in space? were do i type this command? i now iam a noob at this but any help would b great thx :lol: :evil:

caster
x4

Post by caster » Wed, 11. Aug 04, 16:07

thx srted it lol

GoateeCat
x2

Post by GoateeCat » Thu, 12. Aug 04, 07:36

Scuse my blind ignorance but...

Where can we make requests for changes to the scripting engine? In the generic 'Things I would like to see in X2' place or is there a scripting specific spot I need to visit?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 12. Aug 04, 10:03

Head for DevNet and post in the main Ideas forum there. There isn't a separate forum for scripting engine functionality requests.

Lucrativus
x3tc

Post by Lucrativus » Mon, 23. Aug 04, 21:52

Any idea when we are going to get the definitive guide to the scripting engine that Burnit started ages ago. I would have thought it would be finished by now.

Edit 07 sept :
Guess from the flurry of responses by the powers that be that we aint going to get the guide after all.
Didn't ES push the scripting feature of X2 to us all and I seem to remember ES telling us we would get the guide that was in the process of being written.
Ah well, that was just advertising wasn't it.... you can say anything you like in adverts, doesn't have to be true, does it.

Edit 21st Sept
Still NO response to the question ...... Must be because I didn't ask about blowing things up and combat and the size of peoples rockets.....

So can I please have the Scripting Manual so I can get the BIGGEST GUNS and the FASTEST SHIPS and the MOST POWERFUL MISSILES and equip my ships with the MOST POWERFUL SHIELDS.

That should do it, now I await eagerly for the publication of the manual.

SOME BLOODY HOPES
When one door closes, another slams in your face.
"They say I am so far out that even the Hubble Telescope can't see where I am coming from"

X³pro
x2

Post by X³pro » Mon, 20. Dec 04, 12:14

How do i run a script in the editor??? when i start the mod nothing happens i have tried many times to run a script and load script and when i load it ask a string and all kind of stuff, so how do i run scripts. I would like to know :)

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”