X2 Cheat Pack

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

John McG
x4

Cheat package in X2

Post by John McG » Tue, 22. Nov 11, 11:36

I have just returned to a re run of X2 and want to use Cycrows cheat package. I am familiar with using this in X3, but have been unable to run it in X2. Do I have to change the name to 'Thereshallbewings' as in X3?
Where do I find the cheat menu in X2?
Are there some simple instructions somewhere for running this in X2?
Thanks

{Merged. jlehtone}

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 22. Nov 11, 11:48

As far as I know Cycrow made no Cheat package for X2 and you can't use the one from X3:TC in X2. However, LV made a cheat package for X2 that is linked in the Index of X2 Community Plugins at the top of this forum.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

John McG
x4

X2 cheats

Post by John McG » Tue, 22. Nov 11, 12:40

Thank you, I've downloaded and installed the cheat package, but am having problems in getting it to work. Is there a simple instruction message somewhere?

John McG
x4

Cheat package with windows 7

Post by John McG » Tue, 22. Nov 11, 13:14

Does the cheat package work with Windows 7 64bit?
Every time I type 'Thereshallbewings' while in flight the game closes with a message 'X2 has stopped working, a problem caused the program to stop working...'
Or am I doing something wrong?

{Merged. jlehtone}

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 23. Nov 11, 19:15

Besides the cheat package do you have other scripts or mods installed? A faulty setup script might cause such a problem.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

John McG
x4

X2 cheat pack

Post by John McG » Thu, 24. Nov 11, 09:20

I don't have any other scrips or mods installed.
I think it must be that it doesn't run on Windows 7 64 bit, becuase I have got it to run OK on a PC running Windows 7 32 bit.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 24. Nov 11, 20:44

Remove the Cheat package script files from the scripts folder and try to activate the Script Editor again. If it succeeds, there might have been a problem while downloading the Cheat package. Save the game with the activated script editor. Download and install the Cheat package again. And load the savegame with the activated Script editor.
If it crashes even without installed third-party scripts again, there might be a problem associated with Windows 7. Make sure that your sound driver is up to date and that you have none of the known problematic codecs (nero, ffdshow, Haali, Ulead, Cyberlink) installed.

polar_bear_1

Re: X2 Cheat Pack

Post by polar_bear_1 » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 21:58

Hello team i m tryin to install this cheat script and i did everything but i cant see piracy cheat menu...do i need to type in Thereshallbewings becouse i did aand i cant find that my scripyt is activated.I did see someone mention to activate SE Sticky but where do i find that i just dont understand.In x3TC you just need to type in there shall me wings save game move those files in x3 directory and it sould work but i cant get it to work in x2 the threat and i m running it on 1.4 patch.please someone help me! thanks team

Edit: removed full citation of OP. X2-Illuminatus

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 22:59

In X2 you need to type in 'Thereshallbewings', when you're in space (i.e. sitting in your ship), not as pilot name as in the X3 games.

polar_bear_1

Post by polar_bear_1 » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 23:53

it worked...cheers buddy!

X-iNFiDeL

Post by X-iNFiDeL » Sat, 30. Jun 12, 14:23

I shall start by thanking everyone who have made this forum a minefield of help and info.
My only problem is when I click the download link I get forwarded to a page full of code,not just on this page.
Again thanks to all of you here. :thumb_up:

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 30. Jun 12, 17:35

Your browser probably tries to open the zip-archive directly, which results in the page full of code. Try to rightclick on the download link and select the "Save target as"-option (the option might have a different name depending on the browser you use).

X-iNFiDeL

Post by X-iNFiDeL » Tue, 3. Jul 12, 12:17

:praise: many thanks for your reply,zIm currently on a mobile device so your more than likely right.I shall tether my device to my laptop and browse and try the download from there.Thanks again. :D

rmarquardt
x3ap

CheatPack + DV

Post by rmarquardt » Sun, 9. Sep 12, 22:34

Moin, moin,

is the cheat pack only running under the english version :?:
I am from germany and i am running the german version.

Saheike
x4

X2 Cheat Package

Post by Saheike » Mon, 10. Sep 12, 14:49

Soweit ich mich erinnere, ging das damals auch in der deutschen Version.

As far as I remember it was also worling in the german version.
Lieben Gruß von Sabine

//^:^\\ Trakkathrin-Kilrathina

Liberte, Egalite, Variete...

hessifit
x3tc

Post by hessifit » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 10:52

I am running the Steam version of x2 v1.5. Yesterday I installed the cheat pack 1.4 and everything went swimmingly until I saved and came back to the game later. Any save that has had the cheats used locks up on the loading screen and never comes back (a log off of the computer is required to get any functionality back).

Any suggestions?

hessifit
x3tc

Post by hessifit » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 21:22

Follow up to my prior post. After waiting 48 minutes for a save game to load (without success) I decided to start the game clean (which worked). Once I enabled Thereshallbewings and could get to the script editor I tried reinit of the script cache and BINGO - instant lockup.

Still waiting on suggestions, but figured more information might help in finding a resolution.

Thanks

Bob

Saheike
x4

Savegames

Post by Saheike » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 06:35

I think you shouldn´t use a savegame. Make a fresh one and try it with this new one.
It is too long ago I played it last, but I remember that I had some serial problems with savegames after whatever change.

:oops:
Lieben Gruß von Sabine

//^:^\\ Trakkathrin-Kilrathina

Liberte, Egalite, Variete...

hessifit
x3tc

Post by hessifit » Mon, 23. Dec 13, 02:57

Tried starting a clean game, when I saved for the night and came back the next day I still had instant lockup. Nobody has posted any response and it looks like I am going to have to reinstall the game clean and play without the scripts.

Anybody else have suggestions?

roxy
x3tc

Post by roxy » Sun, 1. Feb 15, 12:13

Does x2 cheat pack work for latest version in steam ?
I put the t and script files in the right destination and activated script editor but i still don"t see any piracy option when i go to navigation folder.
steam version is 1.5 . :?

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”