[MOD] Allyship (or, no dynrep after obtaining all blueprints for faction)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

rudi_pioneer
x4

[MOD] Allyship (or, no dynrep after obtaining all blueprints for faction)

Post by rudi_pioneer » Mon, 23. Oct 23, 05:39

Mod where player can apply for alliance status with a faction, and if player has all blueprints (equipment, ships + diplomacy ships, stations), then allyship is granted (meaning, no more dynamic reputation applied to that faction!)

Major disclaimer: this is cobbled script from X3 scripting newbie (primarily from how other scripts do it), and while i tested it on few savegames, i have yet to do full game with it (which i'm starting now). Since my script is only called when menu option is selected, it shouldn't change anything in game that's running. My attempt was to make removal of dynamic reputation earnable, and i love collecting blueprints, and ultimately script is what i could make, as opposed to something much better fleshed out. Posting what i did here since i've learned from forums, documentation, discord, and so on, and this is my way of giving back what i've learned.

To use this: select Additonal > Apply for Allyship menu option. You'll see list of factions with granted alliance, and for ones that you don't have yet, approximate number of missing ships, equipment, and stations. It will also list specific missing ship, station, and blueprint to help you with suggestions what to look for. Script also removes the rank 8 cap for dynamic reputation since, while that adds interesting challenge of having to steal/capture blueprints, might make this unwinnable if some ships don't spawn (like high ranking diplomacy ones) - i'm not sure so erring on side of caution.

Install with mod manager.

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/UlK4XKR
Mod: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/mgb46sah ... o1vnh&dl=0

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”