Modelling ships fo X3 in 2023

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Sector 347

Modelling ships fo X3 in 2023

Post by Sector 347 » Sun, 6. Aug 23, 07:52

Greetings, pilots.
I have read lots of information about modelling for X3:TC/AP/FL and understood all the pipeline. But how to actually do this in 2023? Most of the soft is unavailable, and I'm kinda stuck. Would like to create some stuff, but don't have a opportunity to do this :(
So, perhaps someone still making these? A few friendly tips would be good.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Modelling ships fo X3 in 2023

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 6. Aug 23, 10:27

Which software is it that you cannot get your hands on?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Sector 347

Re: Modelling ships fo X3 in 2023

Post by Sector 347 » Sun, 6. Aug 23, 15:27

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sun, 6. Aug 23, 10:27
Which software is it that you cannot get your hands on?
I have troubles with 3ds Max and Gmax. I can't install DBOX2 on newest version of 3ds Max. As I understand, there are only _some_ versions of 3ds Max which supports DBOX2.
I already have changed some sounds (those loud explosions) and seen ship models via X3 Editor 2. But struggling with model opening.

upd: Actually, I achieved success. I killed all day, but made it in the end... Excuses, this topic can be deleted now.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”