[PLOT] TC/AP Plots for FL : v1.03 : 2023/12/03

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [BETA] TC/AP Plots for FL : v0.60 : 2023/04/20

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 22. Apr 23, 21:27

Viper020 wrote:
Sat, 22. Apr 23, 21:01
Hi,

Little Question: Any TC/AP Start is with the map from FL?
all the starts have the same map.
its mostly the FL map with a few changes for the TC/AP plots. Some of these changes dont happen until you do certain missions

SparrowBY4

Post by SparrowBY4 » Sat, 22. Apr 23, 22:50

Cycrow wrote:
Sat, 22. Apr 23, 21:26
SparrowBY4 wrote:
Sat, 22. Apr 23, 16:53
Hello. The old Terran plot in FL is impossible to continue. Talk to Commander M.Jackson at End of the Heretics. There is a blue book, but there are only two items in the dialogue menu. Prior to this, the mission hung after docking at the shipyard on Mars, but it was fixed after save / load. I also tried reinstalling the game and the patch - save / load does not help either. Is this only happening to me?
it doesn't happen for me. If you send me your current save game ill take a look
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iwSGcb ... sp=sharing

olsch
x3ap

Post by olsch » Sat, 22. Apr 23, 23:38

When starting a game as a challenging sandbox, what are the requirements to start the FL Terran plot?
Im asking because I just entered the Goner sector and there is an Asarja with a blue book but no option to start a quest when I hail them. Sounds like the same symptoms as described before.
I installed the mod after starting the playthrough.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 23. Apr 23, 00:14

i believe its an issue with the conversations file not being reloaded after loading a save game.

im looking into a temporary fix.

a proper fix will require it in the unofficial patch.

The requirements for the Terran plot are the same as any other FL start, you need to take ownership of a HSAP and build a TOA to unlock the quest.

The quest in the goner sector is for the Goner TC plot, this is available from the start in any game start

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [BETA] TC/AP Plots for FL : v0.61 : 2023/04/22

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 23. Apr 23, 00:45

I've updated with a fix.
This will fix any future conversations, but existing ones may not work.

Is possible, going back to previous saves will be best
however, if needed i can create seperate files to reset individual offers if you come across ones that are broken

olsch
x3ap

Re: [BETA] TC/AP Plots for FL : v0.61 : 2023/04/22

Post by olsch » Sun, 23. Apr 23, 20:50

Thank you. I updated the game, but there is no save from before entering the goner sector. But that's okay. Going to try out some more things and then start a new game anyway.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [BETA] TC/AP Plots for FL : v0.70 : 2023/04/23

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 24. Apr 23, 00:59

New Update

v0.70
  • Added Plot - A New Home
  • Added Plot - Balance of Power
  • Added AP Game Start - Tormented Teladi
  • Added AP Game Start - Poisoned Paranid
  • Added Corporation Missions - Plutarch
  • Added Corporation Missions - Jonfreco
  • Added additional unknown Terran sectors (Balance of Power Plot)
  • Improved autopilot docking at Earth Torus

Amanne

Post by Amanne » Mon, 24. Apr 23, 19:10

Thank you so much for this amazing mod, I've been waiting for the TC story mod since the release of FL. FL is so much better in so many ways but I kept missing the story part.

As my understanding is, we get Hub/HQ from the questlines appropriate to the specific start. I'm very fond of TC starts with all its vanilla storylines available, but if I understand it right, that makes HQ obtainable only from the TC HQ plot which is locked behind the TC Hub plot. Thing is, it's really interesting to complete that sadistic TC Hub plot with all the extra stuff available in FL, and after all, it's always a nice major goal, however not having a HQ in FL is a major problem even from the point of managing dynamic relations alone (and dynamic relations is one of the best things ever). In short, HQ was never an integral part of the gameplay till FL. On the other hand, if one starts the game with an FL start, then one easily gets HQ and Hub, and then TC Hub quest isn't accessible anymore, which is sad.

Thus, I have a question. Is it possible to make TC HQ plot available before the completion of the Hub plot, or otherwise make a workaround which allows to have the TC Hub plot available and HQ obtainable before having to complete the TC Hub Plot?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 24. Apr 23, 19:56

i have adjusted the HQ plot slightly, so you only need to unlock the 2nd set of gates before doing the HQ plot.

The main reason its linked to the Hub plot is due to the link in the story.

i am considering ways to make the plots available in some way.
I will probably adjust the custom start which will allow you to select how you get the HQ and the HUB, but this will be for after the beta. My main focus is getting everything fully working first

Amanne

Post by Amanne » Mon, 24. Apr 23, 23:06

Thank you very much for your work. And yes, this is what I did for now, I adjusted one of the starts to give me the HQ from the beginning.

I have another question. Do missions scale in difficulty with the fighting rank as they did in TC/AP? I remember multiple Xenon capitals on Terran stations in the Terran plot with high enough fighting rank even in the first mission (I might be mistaken though and it was in the following mission), but changing fighting rank to max didn't do anything.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 25. Apr 23, 01:20

the missions will be pretty much the same as in TC/Ap, with a few minor changes.

some missions do scale, but not all. Some of them have fixed spawns

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 25. Apr 23, 15:32

Yes! Loving this, will definetly make me take a break from x4 and update my RGE mod for this and make the ap missions work in the galaxy expansion. I will bother you Cycrow, be prepared! :D

Xeiki

Post by Xeiki » Wed, 26. Apr 23, 18:35

Hello, just a few quick questions, and sorry if it's already answered in the OP:

How exactly are the stories integrated? Can I do a chronological playthrough (TC->AP->FL)? From the OP, it reads as if a FL start will lead me back to TC, but how does that make sense storywise, given that that would mean the gate shutdown happens before the gate shutdown? Or does an FL start mean FL intro mission -> TC -> AP -> FL endgame?

Which start has the most story missions? Do I need to start with one of the TC story starts for example to get all the TC missions?

Thank you for this mod, I really loved FL's additions of features, but the lack of story (and the mediocre ending to its plot) was a real letdown. This seems like it fixes all of that!
Last edited by Xeiki on Wed, 26. Apr 23, 18:50, edited 1 time in total.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 26. Apr 23, 18:46

for the mod, the FL story comes first.

The main reason for this, is that the FL story is about being trapped in a separate part of the universe, which wouldn't really work if you had already built up an empire, then lose it when you get stuck in the FL plot. Plus, when adding to existing games, the FL plot would have already been done.
so the FL plot only really works from the start of the game.

also note, the gate shutdown had already started before FL and AP, you can also see it in AP where there are a number of sectors that have already been disconnected

the TC starts technically have the most plots, they are only missing 3 of the plots, FL plot, AP Hub and AP HQ plot.
Followed by the FL starts which are missing 4 plots, TC Hub, TC HQ, AP Hub and AP HQ.

all starts have access to the FL Terran plot, either as reconnecting Terran space, or connecting a back door into Terran space

Xeiki

Post by Xeiki » Wed, 26. Apr 23, 18:54

Okay, yeah, that makes sense - thank you for the quick reply! I'll test out the mod now, and will let you know if I encounter any errors. :D

Edit: Oh, one minor last question: I suppose the HQ we get is always the FL version? Or is it dependent on which HQ mission we do?

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Wed, 26. Apr 23, 19:06

Cycrow wrote:
Wed, 26. Apr 23, 18:46
for the mod, the FL story comes first.

The main reason for this, is that the FL story is about being trapped in a separate part of the universe, which wouldn't really work if you had already built up an empire, then lose it when you get stuck in the FL plot. Plus, when adding to existing games, the FL plot would have already been done.
so the FL plot only really works from the start of the game.

also note, the gate shutdown had already started before FL and AP, you can also see it in AP where there are a number of sectors that have already been disconnected

the TC starts technically have the most plots, they are only missing 3 of the plots, FL plot, AP Hub and AP HQ plot.
Followed by the FL starts which are missing 4 plots, TC Hub, TC HQ, AP Hub and AP HQ.

all starts have access to the FL Terran plot, either as reconnecting Terran space, or connecting a back door into Terran space
If I'm understanding this correctly, does this means that all starts are exposed to maximum number of plots available, and only ones that are removed is ones that would cause duplicate HQ and hubs?

If I pick TC start, it sounds like I can still do FL connecting plot because Sol will be connected elsewhere for TC (as in original game)?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 26. Apr 23, 19:45

Correct.
with AP starts you also lose the Terran plot and Aldrin plot from TC, as these are done when the Torus is still around, which is obviously destroyed in AP.

The FL Terran plot should be available for all starts. This will create to links to Terran space, the original via Heretics End, and another via Brenhams Triumph. Which means you can always get access to the Maru

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Wed, 26. Apr 23, 20:01

Are sectors added to make plots possible temporary? or is it safe to build in them?

SparrowBY4

Post by SparrowBY4 » Wed, 26. Apr 23, 21:17

Unable to jump into Aldrin in terran story. Have conditions changed?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 27. Apr 23, 12:36

rudi_pioneer wrote:
Wed, 26. Apr 23, 20:01
Are sectors added to make plots possible temporary? or is it safe to build in them?
All the sectors are permanent once they have been added. I didn't want to remove any incase they have any player assets in

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”