Question about multiple HQs, Blueprints and Loadouts

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Brinnie
x3tc

Question about multiple HQs, Blueprints and Loadouts

Post by Brinnie » Sun, 12. Mar 23, 14:17

I have added a new HQ by using "Add stations" (by Illuminatus), I needed a better solution for docking storage than the one offered by FL, and the blueprints are not shared.
The same applies to the loadouts, all the prints and loadouts from the first HQ are not transferred to the new one. Is there a way to move them over?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Question about multiple HQs, Blueprints and Loadouts

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 12. Mar 23, 20:31

For transferring blueprints between PHQs Lucikes Blueprint manager comes to my mind. An English text file is included.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Sun, 12. Mar 23, 21:33

Thank you.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Mon, 13. Mar 23, 13:05

The BPM is outdated, and not really what Brinnie needs, as the relevant Script commands changed in FL, the BPM was designed for a single HQ, FL changed many commands to allow multiple HQs to be correctly addressed by Scripts.
The BPM would be a good basis for a skilled Scripter to adapt, but it wont help a normal user.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Mon, 13. Mar 23, 14:31

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:
Mon, 13. Mar 23, 13:05
The BPM is outdated, and not really what Brinnie needs...
While it is outdated, I believe it was made way before FL, it is not all obsolete. To this moment it seems the only solution to address this issue.
I too underestimated it, infact I had it installed already but I didn't know that it offered a function (2 actually) which could be used to deal with multiple HQs.

The way I understand it the game updates blueprints only to 1 HQ. In my case as I built a new one, all subsequently acquired prints were added to this new one, not an ideal outcome for me.

1 -The BPM lets me copy prints from one HQ to the other (by using the backup option), admittedly not in a practical way, there is no quick way to do it. You need to open and close menus and click here and there for every print, not worth explaining in detail but it is definitely not fun. Having said that, in practical terms it is not a problem as I do not need to move over more than a few (if any at all) .

2 - It also gives me the chance to activate the first HQ so that newly found prints are added to the lengthy list already present, that in itself makes it good to me.

Thanks

ps. I think there quite a few scripts that could use someone to update them for FL, I would if I could, it is a shame for great work to go to waste.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”