Is there a BPH (X2) Equivalent for FL?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Scoob
x4

Is there a BPH (X2) Equivalent for FL?

Post by Scoob » Wed, 19. Oct 22, 22:26

Hey all,

I've been playing a lot of X2 lately and use a script - which I think was part of the Bonus package - called BPH. This script basically makes station-assigned traders smarter in that they will:

- Trade ALL wares not just a single ware Buy or Sell.
- Be smart about not sending multiple ships to the same station.
- Level up over time and get better.

This is a VERY brief summary of that script. In my current modified (FLXRM + others) FL game, I've started setting up various stations and miss having Smart traders assigned like I have in my current X2 game.

Is there an equivalent for X3FL? Do existing X3AP etc. scripts just work with FL, and can one be recommend please?

Basically, I just want my Station-assigned traders to be smarter. I like the simplicity of them - and would love that one trader / one ware functionality in X4 - but need something a little better in X3FL ideally.

Cheers.

Edit: Wow, no sooner do I post that, reload the game and try again and it. Just. Works. *sigh* Not a clue why it wasn't working properly previously! Going to reload that save and try again, to see if there's some pattern to this.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Is there a BPH (X2) Equivalent for FL?

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 19. Oct 22, 23:37

In FL the standard buy/wares are smarter than in previous games. They will coordinate with other ships so they dont goto the same stations

You can also just use the station manager which will manage your ships for you, including replacing them if they get destroyed

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 19. Oct 22, 23:45

Cycrow wrote:
Wed, 19. Oct 22, 23:37
In FL the standard buy/wares are smarter than in previous games. They will coordinate with other ships so they dont goto the same stations

You can also just use the station manager which will manage your ships for you, including replacing them if they get destroyed
Cool, so "BPH" is included, sort of lol.

I do have an interesting scenario though - which I also have in X2 - Sometimes I WANT my ships to go to the same station. I.e. I sell Energy Cells cheap one sector away (high sun %) but my station / complex burns through EC's quickly. However, if the game only send ONE ship to get EC's at a time, I run out. If those ships were going to several SPP's, they'd be good, but I'm the prime supplier of cheap Energy.

I'm guessing this is where other options come in, like a repeat order to ship EC's like we can do in X4. Pretty sure there's stuff to do that in X3FL.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 20. Oct 22, 00:16

The station manager will send multiple ships to go after one ware if it needs too.

It works out how much wares it needs and sends as many ships as it needs to, to get the wares. It won't send multiple ships to the same station at the same time though.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 20. Oct 22, 01:07

Cycrow wrote:
Thu, 20. Oct 22, 00:16
The station manager will send multiple ships to go after one ware if it needs too.

It works out how much wares it needs and sends as many ships as it needs to, to get the wares. It won't send multiple ships to the same station at the same time though.
Thanks. I'm actually finding the "Fetch" command quite useful currently.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 20. Oct 22, 17:21

Cycrow wrote:
Wed, 19. Oct 22, 23:37
Hi again. Further to this, I'm not seeing this behaviour with regular "Sell for best price...". I have an Ore mine and two sellers, yet they're both attempting to visit the same buyer, only one will succeed.

With the old BPH script, traders *would* do this, but stop once they gained their first level. Regular traders in FL don't appear to gain levels from what I can tell.

Am I missing something here? Note: my stations are dead basic, I'm not using the station manager thing yet, as I want to understand the basics first.

Edit: I think I might be wrong there. I saw that each ship was heading to "Seeker Missile Production Complex..." to sell at the same time. Checking more closely, there are actually TWO Seeker Missile Factories in that sector...the Alpha/Beta was truncated so I couldn't see :)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 20. Oct 22, 19:49

The only command that gains levels in FL is the MK3 Sector/Universe Trader. The other commands dont, they will have all features available from the start so they dont need to gain levels.

All the commands should coordinate with each other, so they wont goto a station if another ship using any command is going there, this includes station manager and UT ships.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 20. Oct 22, 21:47

Cycrow wrote:
Thu, 20. Oct 22, 19:49
The only command that gains levels in FL is the MK3 Sector/Universe Trader. The other commands dont, they will have all features available from the start so they dont need to gain levels.

All the commands should coordinate with each other, so they wont goto a station if another ship using any command is going there, this includes station manager and UT ships.
Cool. It's good they're "max level" (aka only level lol) from the start, though seeing Traders progress through the ranks did hold a certain satisfaction :)

Will get myself an ST/UT soon methinks...I'm a total Ore Magnet currently with that providing the bulk of my income after capturing bailed ships.

Edit: One thing that is odd about my "Sell for best Price" ships is they don't always obey the Global Blacklist. For example, Terracorp are FOE in my game, due to the conditions of the game start (OTAS) yet my Ore mine keeps sending traders to sell Ore in Terracorp Sectors...which goes badly of course. They seem to not visit other enemy Sectors, such as Split, Paranid and Pirates, so what's special about Terracorp? They are a Faction in their own right now it seems...

I think, even though the Sector Home of Light alpha is an Enemy Sector, there are Argon (friend) stations there. I'll add a blacklist entry for the entire Sector, that should fix it I hope.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”