[MOD] Unoffical Patch : V1.3.14 : 2024-02-28

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD] Unoffical Patch : V1.3.4 : 2022-11-06

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 24. Feb 23, 20:32

It's not really upto me about making official. But there are currently no plans to do so

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Sun, 26. Feb 23, 00:20

Hack a station offers wont offer you cooperation stations to hack.

Setting Default options for the station Manager would be nice. (e.g. use new ship only for trading, it's quite annoying to forbid collecting ware for every managed ship)

A Torpedo Priority for custom turret commands focussing only high damage missiles. (I could implement it too)

Make Spacesuits always neutral, in my game exiting Yaki suits are marked as hostile.

If you kill the target of an execution mission by boarding, the target sometimes jumps out of existence.

Remove from queue doesn't work for repair tasks.

software signature encryption should also hide piracy software.

I see you added a new sector and faction, here are some not exactly patch ideas: (if they don't fit ignore em)

Adding DeVries, Toride and Atias Misfortune as new Systems connected to the Asteroid Belt gate.

Ability to steal jump beacon blueprint with agents from Terra Corp.

Random Jump connections going temporary offline and coming up again.

lower dyn relation effect for Corps (they are just not as important as the races.)

JSDD Corp.
Beryl Corp.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Thu, 2. Mar 23, 07:07

Would it be possible in the next iteration of the unofficial patch to fix this annoying bug:

You're boarding a ship that's being chased by a rapid response force.
You win the boarding operation before the ship is destroyed.
Ship turns to green and ownership is switched to you.
"Blue" neutral or friendly to you rapid response ships keep firing at your boarding target anyway.
They destroy your capture and your marines with it.

In the script that transfers ownership, there should be a line to "reset" all the current attackers of the successfully boarded ship. Basically send a signal sector-wide that there's a new owner of the ship and to check again if they want to be attacking that ship. I'm pretty sure it's how it worked back in the AP era, so the fix might be as simple as reverting whatever was changed in the boarding scripts.
Where is it?

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 4. Mar 23, 03:26

Cycrow wrote:
Fri, 24. Feb 23, 20:32
It's not really upto me about making official. But there are currently no plans to do so
Hope you know, and I am sure I can say this for all us players, we'd be behind you to get anything fixed possible "and apply pressure to get signed" for this game. As such I am going to share an exploit I found over a year ago, as well as one other broken component that I encountered. Hope these can help argue the case for a signed update 1.4 :D

Exploit - This is as game breaking as the Nividium / Stock Exchange exploit from AP. I have only shared it with 3 other people.

Jump Drive Installation Kit - This is the exploit. To use this exploit you need 2 bil credits, a TL and access to purchase the kits. I used an Argon Mammoth. When you purchase about 9500 kits you end up gaining a couple billion credits above your starting amount. I did this starting with about 4 billion, and ended up with about billion after making the purchase. Once you do this, send the TL to a shipyard where you can purchase a bunch of TS class ships. I used the Boron Shipyard as it has internal docking for them.

You can then transfer the kits to the TS ships. You have to do math to figure out the max to transfer. Each kit needs 5 m3. And the game will let you exceed the max possible, and then discard the excess automatically. Once you do this, you sell the TS back to the shipyard, now including the value of the kits for an excessive amount. To exploit this on repeat, simply transfer credits to factories and rinse / repeat as necessary. Or purchase some large capital ships. It uses the transaction limit to perform this. Soo all you need is 2 billion credits to do as many times as you like.

Broken Script - Pandora Crates, these break after a while. I've been using a script to find them and simply reloading using the fact that they are static to find, to avoid the modified tag. When you start, you get about 14 spawning at once. After about 10 to 15 repeats it slows to about 7 spawning at once. Now I don't have Terran Space unlocked during my current play. I keep them excluded till I am ready to tank my rep with them. Let's face it, they drop really fast. So unless some crates are hidden from the script and located in these sectors, the scripts are breaking. At the same time, maybe they are getting placed into sectors that aren't active. Because it seemed to happen to drop, a few at a time.

Let me know if you want to use one of my saves to investigate. I'll happily upload it to google drive.

Cheers!!
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Sat, 4. Mar 23, 15:38

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sat, 4. Mar 23, 03:26
Hope you know, and I am sure I can say this for all us players, we'd be behind you to get anything fixed possible "and apply pressure to get signed" for this game.
Do you think that a petition to Egosoft on Change.Org or even on that forum would work?

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 6. Mar 23, 17:28

iXenon wrote:
Sat, 4. Mar 23, 15:38
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Hope you know, and I am sure I can say this for all us players, we'd be behind you to get anything fixed possible "and apply pressure to get signed" for this game.
Do you think that a petition to Egosoft on Change.Org or even on that forum would work?
Doubt it. Assuming you were aiming at sarcasm there. But given update 1.3 was once thought impossible at one point, how could a 1.4 update be impossible. With enough players asking for it, that care about the game, maybe. And Cycrow took the time to do this. I'll keep saying prayers of positivity. :D
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Mon, 6. Mar 23, 18:41

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Mon, 6. Mar 23, 17:28
Doubt it. Assuming you were aiming at sarcasm there.
I'm talking seriously. We are awaiting for 1.4 but Egosoft may not be even aware about this. The first game was released almost 15 years ago and the current mode doesn't make 'proffit-s' (c). Letting them know may help.
I can create a kind of 'open letter' and share it with you if you want. :roll:

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Mon, 6. Mar 23, 18:48

I’d have open letter be open to options: maybe it’s steam posted updates, maybe it’s a way to sign unofficial patch and mods, etc. so egosoft can find what’s easiest for them resource-wise.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 7. Mar 23, 09:45

iXenon wrote:
Mon, 6. Mar 23, 18:41
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Doubt it. Assuming you were aiming at sarcasm there.
I'm talking seriously. We are awaiting for 1.4 but Egosoft may not be even aware about this. The first game was released almost 15 years ago and the current mode doesn't make 'proffit-s' (c). Letting them know may help.
I can create a kind of 'open letter' and share it with you if you want. :roll:
I wouldn't know exactly where to start. But I'm sure we'd need a lot of people to help push. Obviously Cycrow is putting a lot of personal time into making these fixes. I want to help push these to get signed. Steam is definitely one way to update. But the launcher has an update button as well.

Edit: I reached out to an admin to ask if they could help in any way. We'll see what comes of it.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Tue, 7. Mar 23, 13:35

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Broken Script - Pandora Crates, these break after a while. I've been using a script to find them and simply reloading using the fact that they are static to find, to avoid the modified tag. When you start, you get about 14 spawning at once. After about 10 to 15 repeats it slows to about 7 spawning at once.
Saw the same with the 'special discoveries', which I (tried to) farm at some point. After each round of collecting the number of newly spawned special discoveries dwindled. I think this is caused from the LFL-finds been taken from the same pool of possibilties and with me not collection all the the other stuff the number of 'open slots' got fewer and fewer. In other words a collected special discovery or pandora crate may be replaced (somewhere) by something different like credits or the odd 10 BoFu.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 7. Mar 23, 13:40

The amount of items you find will reduce over time.

As there's a limit to amount of each group that can spawn. More will spawn once you start collecting them.

At the start of the game there is more available as there is a predefined list of items that get created over time. These are in addition to the random spawns. But once you have collected them all then you only have the random spawns left

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Tue, 7. Mar 23, 13:54

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
iXenon wrote:
Sat, 4. Mar 23, 15:38
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Doubt it. Assuming you were aiming at sarcasm there. But given update 1.3 was once thought impossible at one point, how could a 1.4 update be impossible. With enough players asking for it, that care about the game, maybe. And Cycrow took the time to do this. I'll keep saying prayers of positivity. :D
From what I understand from previous discussions it is the 'need' to 'sign' every script that has been changed in the meantime that blocks reverting the 'unofficial' to an 'official' patch. Signed after it was proofen to work with each combination of hardware/software/whatnot. It seems EGOSOFT doesn't have the time or personnel or will to do this. I had hoped for this pre/after X4-ToA and still hoped until X4-KingdomsEnd was announced. And even after that announcement Bernd had stated (or threatened in this context) of not beeing done with X4.... so I am not sure a petition of sort signed by us (up to a dozen people) will have any impact.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 7. Mar 23, 14:44

I don't think that signing a patch is that important at the moment. It is important to correct mistakes. Everything else is secondary. Steam achievements can wait, there are in-game achievements. But they are not important at the moment. Thank you for releasing fixes and that's already a lot. You should not demand more - otherwise you can get: nothing.
:P :x3:

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 00:59

alexalsp wrote:
Tue, 7. Mar 23, 14:44
I don't think that signing a patch is that important at the moment. It is important to correct mistakes. Everything else is secondary. Steam achievements can wait, there are in-game achievements. But they are not important at the moment. Thank you for releasing fixes and that's already a lot. You should not demand more - otherwise you can get: nothing.
:P :x3:
Hey guys. I messaged CBJ to see what we could do to help get Cycrows updates signed. He said once they finish with the next X4 update he would ask one of the devs to look into the unofficial patches and to see what could be done to get them signed.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 01:08

DanKara wrote:
Tue, 7. Mar 23, 13:35
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Broken Script - Pandora Crates, these break after a while. I've been using a script to find them and simply reloading using the fact that they are static to find, to avoid the modified tag. When you start, you get about 14 spawning at once. After about 10 to 15 repeats it slows to about 7 spawning at once.
Saw the same with the 'special discoveries', which I (tried to) farm at some point. After each round of collecting the number of newly spawned special discoveries dwindled. I think this is caused from the LFL-finds been taken from the same pool of possibilties and with me not collection all the the other stuff the number of 'open slots' got fewer and fewer. In other words a collected special discovery or pandora crate may be replaced (somewhere) by something different like credits or the odd 10 BoFu.
Thats what I was farming too. :D Its easier when you use the script to locate them. Write them down and reload. I began making a list where they were located and jumping in, claiming, jumping out. It is easy to tell the difference between bails, random drops, and random spawns once you get used to the locations of where they should be spawning. That is how I first noticed. I had one location outright glitch on me. Showed up in the printed list, but wouldn't show on LFL. I had to literally fly into it, and it still let me pick it up. That is when it cut to half on me. It was either Discover or Special Discovery that spawned in
Spoiler
Show
Maelstrom Beta
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 17:58

"Fixed applying upgrades from HQ loadouts" from version 1.3.2 does that stop the cloning of pandora crates "souped up ships" ?

Can I install the patch and do something to not disable this feature?

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 20:37

Brinnie wrote:
Wed, 8. Mar 23, 17:58
"Fixed applying upgrades from HQ loadouts" from version 1.3.2 does that stop the cloning of pandora crates "souped up ships" ?

A patch is a patch. You either install it or not. You can't pick and choose what parts of it to use unless it was designed that way. Or unless you know how to code. Sorry. :mrgreen:
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Thu, 9. Mar 23, 00:35

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Wed, 8. Mar 23, 20:37
Brinnie wrote:

A patch is a patch. You either install it or not. You can't pick and choose what parts of it to use unless it was designed that way. Or unless you know how to code. Sorry. :mrgreen:
Thanx.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Mon, 13. Mar 23, 07:53

Brinnie wrote:

I can confirm that you can no longer clone the Pandora boxes via Apply Loadout, though I'm not sure what version fixes it.

If you want to clone pandora, just mod the game. Personally I use the ancient "pandora ejector" mod to redistribute them between my ships when needed (it's nice to have one very fast TL for complex building and one very fast M1 to squash whatever is attacking your ships and satellites, in addition to the player's ship).
Where is it?

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Mon, 13. Mar 23, 14:44

delray wrote:
Mon, 13. Mar 23, 07:53
If you want to clone pandora, just mod the game.
It is what I was thinking of, basically change the part of the script that "fixed" the loadout cloning to the previous state. I do not know anything about scripting so I cannot comment on Briggandphantos statement but I thought i could be done, my reasoning was that if a change could be made to the game 's official patches the same could be done to the unofficial ones.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”