Not sure what mods, if they exist, to use + rant

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

spolen
x3ap

Not sure what mods, if they exist, to use + rant

Post by spolen » Sun, 1. May 22, 04:59

I'm looking to get mods for X3FL, I want to have a universe map that makes sense, similar to X3AP/LU. this map is laid out very poorly. I also need alternate starts so I am not forced to go through the stupid intro quest line.

I would appreciate any assistance.
These are the reasons that I feel this quest line is stupid.
Show
Why should I be FORCED to help some Boron scum?

They have no idea where a shipyard is, yet they have all these dumpy stations everywhere.

The Pirates and Xenon even have bases there, yet they need ME, a simple Argon official, to figure out how to get out of this godforsaken clump of sectors.

This is clearly boron space, and yet there's hardly anything, or anyone around.

I'm just handed Spacelab Headquarters, and I don't want it or anything else in ANY of these sectors.

I am FORCED to build a bofu station for no other reason than "because you can".

I go through the HSAP and find Paranid space, and while I'm not enemies with them, and I'd bet even if I were Paranid, I'm not allowed through, or at least to explain the situation, or they'll attack me.

I go and talk to this Paranid who supposedly has influence, and he tells me that he has been given his TL class ship as punishment (oh yea, it really sounds like he has influence). I then proceed to tell him I can get him a warship, to which he refuses saying he won't give up his ship, then I let him know I can get him out of the void, and he claims not to believe me, but says he trusts my honor about getting him a warship and he'll give up his TL class ship in exchange for a scorpion, which is an M4 class ship... who the hell wrote this, because they should be fired.

Based on my first play through when FL first came out, I can also say that I absolutely hate the fact that the headquarters I got is in a giant sphere (I'm playing a space sim and my base is in a glorified building) that is literally in the middle of every other race in the game. I'm just HANDED the most strategic sector in space, and I'm supposed to believe that not one race is coming with their entire fleet to take it?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Not sure what mods, if they exist, to use + rant

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 1. May 22, 10:38

you could just use one of the existing sandbox starts

spolen
x3ap

Post by spolen » Sun, 1. May 22, 11:52

Thanks for the reply (and all the scripts you made for AP)
Don't the sandbox starts disable all the other missions too?

Initially the sandbox modes were locked for me when I installed, so I was going to ask for a save file so I could unlock them because I thought I had to finish the initial quest to unlock the sandbox, but went to new game and found them unlocked already, so I re wrote my post before posting. I'm not sure exactly when in the game it unlocked.

Either way I'm almost done with the annoying part, so I'll probably continue for now.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 1. May 22, 12:00

The sandbox starts unlock when you do the first part of the story, when you travel through the HSAP in the void for the first time. You dont need to do the whole story.

also note the main story quests are more of an introduction, they act as a tutorial to some of the new features added.
The sandbox starts start after the the universe has been reconnected, so the only thing you are missing is the initial plot. The later mission will all work in any of the starts, including custom

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Mon, 16. May 22, 13:41

My mod has a different map, based on FL logic but much larger both in sector's size and in sub-sectors. Also the layout is hand-made to reflect solar system's logic. Ships are faster, more differentiation. See signature to download and give it a try

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”