Adding old sectors to the X3FL map?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

jordew82

Adding old sectors to the X3FL map?

Post by jordew82 » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 15:29

Hello everyone! Loving X3FL; reminded me of why I loved this game in the first place! Quick question: Is there a mod that adds back some or all of the sectors from X3TC that are now missing in FL? I wasn't sure if the total number of sectors was still limited and those inaccessible sectors were "re-used" to make the beta/delta/gamma etc. of the main worlds? If this doesn't exist, would it be possible to put them all back via the galaxy editor? Just curious - thank you!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Adding old sectors to the X3FL map?

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 15:44

There is a limit to the total number of sectors but FL isn't close to it.

The sectors were removed for lore reasons, and to show the gate shutdown starting

The only issue you may have adding them back is there might not be room in the area of the map to add them too which may require abit of rearranging.
You can still add them in other parts and link them though.

Just remember if you increase the sector count you may have to adjust job quotas so the ships don't end up spread too thinly

jordew82

Post by jordew82 » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 16:42

Thank you so much, I will definitely fiddle around then and if I get good results I will post them! Thank you also personally and to the rest of the mod team as well for making this wonderful expansion!

jordew82

Post by jordew82 » Sat, 9. Oct 21, 06:03

Follow-up question... how do you edit a planet to get in very close so you feel like you're in orbit? Some sectors in vanilla have that and you can collide with the atmosphere too. All the planet types in the galaxy editor see to be too small to get this effect? Thanks!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 9. Oct 21, 10:19

If you look in the TPlanets file, you will see all the available planets, all the ones with orbit in their name would be close, ie environments\planets\planet_orbit_acidworld

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 9. Oct 21, 20:11

Cycrow wrote:
Sat, 9. Oct 21, 10:19
If you look in the TPlanets file, you will see all the available planets, all the ones with orbit in their name would be close, ie environments\planets\planet_orbit_acidworld
I have to ask. And placing this in spoilers in case people are un-aware of it.
Spoiler
Show
Is there any plans for the South Gate in Getsu Fune? The inactive one surrounded by asteroids?
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 9. Oct 21, 20:37

Pretty much all inactive gates are either gates that were working in previous games and have been cut off by the gate shutdown or are there for lore reasons

They are not there to be linked in the future

Norm49
x4

Post by Norm49 » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 18:13

I try doing it but I end up with problem like start the game in the centre of a xenon fleet in Omicron lary or sector having not ship in them. I also experience heavy lag.

I end up with that result by coping maps and job file form X3:AP.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 12. Oct 21, 21:07

Simply taking the jobs file from X3AP won't work, as there have been changes (additions) to the jobs system in X3FL. See the section on Mod Files Changes in the X3 Wiki for reference.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”