Scripts & Mods from TC/AP

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

laux
x3tc

Scripts & Mods from TC/AP

Post by laux » Tue, 22. Jun 21, 21:34

I have tried some scripts from TC/AP in the last days and wanted to use this topic to discuss about compatiblities.

Because especially in FL the conflicts between the races play a role, I have tried a few AL plugins that provide a little more action. So far I have tried this one:

[AL-PLUGIM]Race Invasions v1.0a - 23.06.09
-This works for now, but there were some read-text errors. (especially in German) But that should be fixable.
-It's more something to watch or I didn't really understand the concept.

[SCRIPT/AL Plugin][TC] Frontier Wars [v0.4 - Tu-31-May-2011]
-The ships are created without shields.
-Makes little sense, I think, since the unclaimed sectors are claimed by either the player or the other races anyway.

[SCRIPT] Military Base Response revamp v2.16 [2011-10-27]
(current version: viewtopic.php?p=4798579#p47985790)
-Looks pretty promising and so far I couldn't find any bugs
-I'll probably keep running this one
-fits perfectly into the FL-setting
-many adjustment options
-the FL plot should have been finished before!

Not to mention the Script collection from Lucike. (unfortunately have no link) Runs perfectly.

Have you tested any other scripts?

froger
x4

Re: Scripts & Mods from TC/AP

Post by froger » Wed, 23. Jun 21, 08:17

Good to see some people out here testing old mods. I don't have much knowledge with mod compatibility so here is a question. Back in TC/AP there was a mod that made it so AI's could cause each other to bail during fights think that would still work?

laux
x3tc

Re: Scrips & Mods from TC/AP

Post by laux » Wed, 23. Jun 21, 17:55

froger wrote:
Wed, 23. Jun 21, 08:17
Good to see some people out here testing old mods. I don't have much knowledge with mod compatibility so here is a question. Back in TC/AP there was a mod that made it so AI's could cause each other to bail during fights think that would still work?
You can't be sure that it will work. But since the no-steam-exe exists, I made a copy of the game folder and the saves and tested it there. This way, you can at least avoid breaking something.

Most mods will probably not work, because here the often types data were changed and it becomes incompatible.

froger
x4

Post by froger » Thu, 24. Jun 21, 07:10

Thank for the information just have to hope someone will revive some of the old mods then. Cheers

Arantir
x4

Re: Scrips & Mods from TC/AP

Post by Arantir » Sat, 10. Jul 21, 15:00

Hi Laux,

How did you get the script collection from Lucike to work?
laux wrote:
Tue, 22. Jun 21, 21:34
Not to mention the Script collection from Lucike. (unfortunately have no link) Runs perfectly.
Most of the scripts require the "Befehlsbibliothek" and that seems to conflict with 3 of the vanilla X3:FL scripts:
  1. !ship.cmd.follow.pl.pck
  2. !ship.cmd.moveposition.std.pck
  3. !ship.signal.killed.pck
On a full replace, my game hangs on gamestart (menu is fine) and after comparing the files it does not seem like a quick merge job.
without replacing these files it seems to run somehow, but I fear there are a lot of unseen errors/issues (CODEA working is my main goal).
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

laux
x3tc

Post by laux » Sat, 10. Jul 21, 15:53

Arantir wrote:
Sat, 10. Jul 21, 15:00
How did you get the script collection from Lucike to work?
I only use these: (Sorry I only know the German names)
- Handelsvertreter
- Warenlogistigsoftware
- Raketenabwehr Moskito
- MEFOS
- Prospektor (is installed but has read-text-errors)
+ the two required libraries

All scripts run without problems, exept the Prospektor (here I have turned off the notifications anyway).
I didn't have to adjust anything to get the scripts to run.

laux
x3tc

Post by laux » Sat, 10. Jul 21, 16:03

Btw., In the meantime, I have already spent a lot of time with "Military Base Response revamp". This is my favorite so far. The races are now at full war with each other and there have already been many sector changes.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 10. Jul 21, 16:37

laux wrote:
Tue, 22. Jun 21, 21:34
The download links for Lucike's adjusted script collection can be found here. German / English names are as follows:

Apollo - ?
Ausruestungsmanager - Equipment Manager
Automatische Zielerfassung - Automatic Target Acquisition
Befehlsbibliothek - Libraries (required for (almost?) all of the scripts, so need to be installed, too!)
Blaupausenmanager - Blueprint Manager
Grundgehalt - Basic Salary
Handelsvertretung - Commercial Agent (CAG)
Militaertransport - Military Transport
Personaltransporter - Personnel Transport
Prospektor - Prospector
Raketenabwehr Moskito - Missile Defence Mosquito
Reiseantrieb - Travel Drive
Schifffunktionstasten - Ship Hotkeys
Schiffswerkzeuge - Ship Tools
Sicherheitsdienst - Security and Rescue Service
Sprungboje - Jump Beacon
Waffensystem_CODEA - CODEA Weapon System
Waffensystem_MEFOS - MEFOS Weapon System
Warenlogistiksoftware - Commodity Logistics Software (CLS)
Wirtschaftshaendler - Economy and Supply Trader (EST)

English text files should be included, if they were available for X3TC/AP. Links to X3TC/AP support topics can be found here.
Arantir wrote:
Sat, 10. Jul 21, 15:00
Most of the scripts require the "Befehlsbibliothek" and that seems to conflict with 3 of the vanilla X3:FL scripts:
!ship.cmd.follow.pl.pck
!ship.cmd.moveposition.std.pck
!ship.signal.killed.pck
"Conflict" as in the library files replace the vanilla files? If so, that's normal and was also the case for X3TC/AP. If you're using Steam, then Steam may redownload the original files, though. Therefore better use a Steam independent version using the NoSteam.exe.

-----------

Another script that works with X3FL: MARS by Gazz, see this topic.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Arantir
x4

Post by Arantir » Mon, 12. Jul 21, 06:06

Thanks for the fast reactions and detailed help.
I was able to get everything to work as far as I have tested it now (will see if something pops up later during my playthrough(s)).

BTW just to add to this thread, the following mods work without issue (so far):

Organic Boron Hulls [TC][AP][Script]
  • Works on all settings (change in T file) but I prefer it very low to boost those poor boron.
  • They somehow always get the short end of the stick in my games without it (amazing with MBBR).
  • When enabled mid game it does not work on the existing ships, only for newly "created" ships.
[Script] Convert Passenger to Marine V1.0 (08.08.2009)
  • Great for "picking up" strays from the battlefield and give them a job with CODEA (you can change the job after they become marines, the crappy marines can become great pilots or tenders, etc. over time).
[AL PLUGIN] Pirate Guild 3: Dynamic AI and Guild System - v1.59 - [2010-07-22]
  • Possibly also listed somewhere else, but works well and adds some immersion and much needed (configurable) pirate presence.
  • EDIT 17/02/21: Piratebases "call" the player for help (audio message) when they are attacked. I have not found a way to turn this off.
[SCRIPT] Anarkis Defense System - v2.65.1 - [2010-08-13]
  • Wings, management, etc. works just fine, just be carefull with adding RWE variant for now as I hung my game (pending investigation).
[AL PLUGIN] Yaki Armada 2 - Beta Build 210 - [2010-07-22]
  • Works like a charm and is best activated in game before the pirate plugin as this detects it if its active.
[script] Karma r10
  • Amazing little script that works well and gives that extra feeling of immersion as killing things now comes back to bite you in the ass
  • Not sure if its still available, if needed I can send/upload the R10 version of it (don't know the best location yet).
[DIR][New]Player Hunt V 1.0 NPC Bounty Hunter Squads [01/18/2014]
  • Seems to work well. It makes life hard, as it should be when you are upsetting the powers that be.
  • Scales with fight rank, so be prepared when using it in an existing game.
[SCRIPT] Ranking Dial by Wercho - adjusts the growth rate of trade / combat rank
  • For people that like to struggle a bit more to get those ranks, or don't want to drop so fast due to the dynamic rank system.
  • Lots of options and a detailed setup.
[SCRIPT] Change Notoriety Growth Rates - Slow Notoriety by Wercho
  • Works well to slow down the game progression and is vital when using playerhunt.
[SCRIPT] Ship killed notifications v1.0.3 [2008-11-16]
  • So far so good, did not see any strange behavior.
[SCR] No notoriety loss from hitting jumpgates
  • Simple script, works as expected.
[SCR] Safe undocking / jumping (v1.00, 08.04.12)
  • Seems to work, hard to tell for now.
MOD - TCM Tubeless_Complex_Mod
  • Works as expected, saved me from quite a bit of lag around large complexes.
[SCRIPT] NPC Bailing Addon v1.7.8 [2010-09-21]
  • works just fine
[SCRIPT] Salvage Commands & NPCs v1.5 [2008-11-20]
  • there will be quite a few scavengers when you turn it on, best to limit it, but just my opinion.
Still need to test a few more, but its morning again so I guess thats that for now.

**Edit: typo's**

PromX
x4

Post by PromX » Fri, 6. Aug 21, 09:10

Thanks guys, glad someone took the time to test them out and post the results.

grayx

Post by grayx » Fri, 13. Aug 21, 14:57

I'm using a heavily modded game and I'm not sure if any of the mods are in any conflict with each other, so take this info with a lot of grains of salt. These are my impressions regarding mods I'm using:

Colored Claimable Ships by qwizzie - Working, kinda. It often doesn't colorize bailed-out ships, which was one of the two main purposes. As there are no too many abandoned ships in the unmodded game, there is little purpose in FL for this mod as it is right now.
Salvage Claim Software : V1.21 : 20-01-2010 - Working, claiming empy ship within 5Km I had no issues.
Ship killed notifications v1.0.3 [2008-11-16] - Working
Universal Best Buys/Sells Locator by alex2069 - Partially working, should be adapted to FL. I had issues with finding wares by using keyboard shortcuts (finding no wares), but it seems it works if you gave a command to a ship.
Universe Explorers v2.4.0 - Working, kinda. If an explorer encounters an enemy, there is some [readtext] instead of actual text in the log file. I didn't see explorers deploy satellites, which they should by default.
Missile Display - Displays basic data about the currently installed missile as a subtitle. - Working, no issues
Yaki Armada 2 - Working, partially. Sometimes, the whole Yaki armada is just standing still in some sector, in-sector or OOS. You can kill off every one of them, and they "activate" only after a while, often too late to survive.
Anarkis Defense System - v2.65.1 - [2010-08-13] - It seems to be working Haven't used it a lot, seems to be working, need more testing.
Pirate Guild 3 - Seems to be working No direct issues so far...
MARS Fire Control (v5.25 - 16.02.13) - Working, kinda. Had issues with TShip file, as it messes FL ship's characteristics and other things, so I've deleted it completely (simple delete file). Drone scavenging works, but it should be turned off if you are near FL "discovery" or "journal" cargo, as it collects it, but the game doesn't recognize it as a "claim". Very annoying. Most often used things seem to work.
Military Base Response revamp v2.16 [2011-10-27] - Working, kinda. I'm not sure if this mod is responsible for it, but you could pillage blind all the cargo some capital ships are caring, if you have cargo hold shield hacker (or whatever it's called). Even if you are caught, the ship doesn't turn hostile. A big exploit. All capital ships should have a cargo bay shielding...
Satalite Early Warning Network : V1.22 : 03/06/2009 - Not sure, installed but I'm unable to use it. If someone could check.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 18. Aug 21, 11:59

Using Satellite Early Warning Network could cause issues, as its built into FL already, and even uses some of the same scripts.
These scripts may have changed slightly though so could break when using with a different version

signalizer

Post by signalizer » Fri, 3. Sep 21, 03:42

laux wrote:
Sat, 10. Jul 21, 16:03
Btw., In the meantime, I have already spent a lot of time with "Military Base Response revamp". This is my favorite so far. The races are now at full war with each other and there have already been many sector changes.
Does 'military transport' works?
even though im hero of argon, the flight plan hot key olny beeps and does nothing. No personnal transport ever found in universe. Does it require any starting code or something like CODEA?

have been trying and AP and TC same issue. only beeps. plz help

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Thu, 16. Dec 21, 15:11

Did anyone try Shimrods Smart Turrets AP?
I have seen someone mention using it with FL but cant trace back to where I saw it.
I would imagine it using its own unique scripting will not have any conflict with FL, but I do recall Shimrod had to do some tweaking between TC and AP versions of the mod, so wonder if FL would need a bit of further adaptation for FL .. I doubt Shimrod will be back though, life and interests have moved on and taken his genius away from us.

Edit: I notice @X2-Illuminatus mentions MARS works with FL, so that gives me more confidence in using Smart instead.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Sat, 8. Jan 22, 14:23

The following seem to be working fine

Missile Data Display-V 1.03 - 22.01.12-21.10.2012

Ship Hotkeys - Schifffunktionstasten_X3TC_X3AP_X3FL_V3500

Winghotkeys-V1.20-09.06.2009

WoB-WSE-v2.00-31-08-09-10guns

I installed Ship Hotkeys manually and the other 3 via Plugin Manager.

WoB I have only tried the hotkeys for missile launching, for now.

Ship Hotkeys, not used the boarding HKs so I can't comment on its functioning

Winghotkeys needs Cycrow's Community Plugin Configuration for wing selection shortcuts.

I am also using Universal Best Buy but is only working in limited functionality, I can use it search and find deals but to dispatch the traders I need to take note of the destinations and use the standard nav menu to make it happen.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Thu, 13. Jan 22, 11:34

Rename ships with expressions, works but not from the ships menu as its command lived in the custom menu and I don't see that in FL.

viewtopic.php?t=307684

Lucike's Hangar Manager is fully functional.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”