MOD - TCM Tubeless_Complex_Mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

laux
x3tc

MOD - TCM Tubeless_Complex_Mod

Post by laux » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 21:57

A real old classic, since X3 reunion!
Does not create a modified tag.
Can be installed as a fake patch

TCM Tubeless_Complex_Mod
Compatible with all previous patches

Description:
Pervormance drops can occur, especially in large complexes. This mod removes all tubes connections on complexes.

However, nothing has changed in the gameplay itself! The complexes to be built must still be set up as before. The use of construction tools in form of scripts is also not affected by this.

Installation:

Copy the mod package to the mods folder and select it when you start the game, or rename the files and paste them as a fake patch.

Download / alternativ Download

ATTENTION IMPORTANT NOTE FOR UNINSTALLATION:

When uninstalling the mod, newly built complexes no longer show all the connection tubes in-game. This also applies to complexes that have been expanded and/or modified after installing this mod.

In order to display the complex again in the usual view (with all tubes) you have to either

1. destroy the control center and reconnect everything,
or
2. add a new station.

Einheit 101
x3tc

Re: MOD - TCM Tubeless_Complex_Mod

Post by Einheit 101 » Tue, 29. Jun 21, 01:04

Thanks, finally good performance and no AI Ships colliding with tubes anymore!

steve_v
x4

Post by steve_v » Thu, 12. Aug 21, 10:43

While this does indeed massively improve performance (and is sorely missed for that), it also reliably breaks saves in my GNU/Linux X3FL (1.2) install.
Attempting to load any save made after installing this (as a fake patch) causes the game to segfault. As is usual for X3 on GNU/Linux, no other debugging information is produced.

I seem to recall issues with certain image formats not being supported in the GNU/Linux build, causing the game to segfault on launch if used in a mod... While it is a bit of a long shot, and I haven't dissected the mod files to see what's in them, I figure it's still worth mentioning.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 15. Feb 23, 09:02

Will it work for version 1.3 and unofficial patch 1.3.4+?

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”