[MOD] FLXRM - X3 Rebalance Mod for Farnham's Legacy (23/04/2023)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [MOD] FLXRM - X3 Rebalance Mod for Farnham's Legacy(1.1) Initial release 1.0 (7/6/2021)

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 25. Aug 22, 14:57

I would like to also post a friendly reminder to all Community members that as a modder the last thing you want is being pressured, the whole beauty of modding is that you can do whatever you want in whatever pace you like, otherwise its a job. Mods start and stop all the time, small ones and big ones. The interest of people changes, RL (for those that have such nonsense) can take focus. And I get that most dont even mean in a bad way, they are maybe just excited and are eager to play the mods, that's normal.

In any case, we should all try and be nice and tolerant. Often also meaning gets lost in translation and text caries the emotion of the reader rather then that of the writer. So hope we can just chill and get along, while leave modders to their thing. :goner:

MFG

Ketraar

alexalsp
x4

Re: [MOD] FLXRM - X3 Rebalance Mod for Farnham's Legacy(1.1) Initial release 1.0 (7/6/2021)

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 25. Aug 22, 15:38

I don't know what in my words offended you. I only suggested, if that's rude to you, then I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. This is a forum and a thread on mod that many people are waiting for. Maybe for you it's more interesting when no one shows any interest in the mod and the topic at all ... Then, again, I apologize for worrying about the progress of the mod. I will not write anything more, so as not to hurt your feelings... :) :P

Regarding help, if I were well versed in X3 modding, I would offer help, but it’s not like that, so I want and wait, wait and want, and time is not rubber .. We are not eternal, but we constantly want ... )) :lol:

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Sun, 18. Sep 22, 13:57

alexalsp wrote:
Thu, 25. Aug 22, 15:38
I don't know what in my words offended you. I only suggested, if that's rude to you, then I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. This is a forum and a thread on mod that many people are waiting for. Maybe for you it's more interesting when no one shows any interest in the mod and the topic at all ... Then, again, I apologize for worrying about the progress of the mod. I will not write anything more, so as not to hurt your feelings... :) :P

Regarding help, if I were well versed in X3 modding, I would offer help, but it’s not like that, so I want and wait, wait and want, and time is not rubber .. We are not eternal, but we constantly want ... )) :lol:
Idk if you had problems growing up or something...no you've missed the whole point...im glad that people are interested in the topic or mod...problem is your behaviour how you think that pushing something will have any effect for speeding up the project while it won't...

If you ever modded you will understand...and there's no need to be snide

Moving on...anyways update seems to be ready but i haven't tested anything because i don't have the time to do it, if someone is interested let me know on Discord on official Egosoft server under x3-modding
Thanks

Betelgeuse97
x4

Re: [MOD] FLXRM - X3 Rebalance Mod for Farnham's Legacy(1.3.2) version 1.1a (21/09/2022)

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Sat, 24. Sep 22, 08:10

Thanks for the update!

I got a couple questions.
- Is this mod compatible with the abandoned ships expanded mod? This mod here: viewtopic.php?f=201&t=448221
- Can I play this on a steam copy of the game or do I need to make an offline version of FL before playing FLXRM?

-XeNoN-
x4

Re: [MOD] FLXRM - X3 Rebalance Mod for Farnham's Legacy(1.3.2) version 1.1a (21/09/2022)

Post by -XeNoN- » Sat, 24. Sep 22, 09:10

Betelgeuse97 wrote:
Sat, 24. Sep 22, 08:10
Thanks for the update!

- Is this mod compatible with the abandoned ships expanded mod? This mod here: viewtopic.php?f=201&t=448221
- Can I play this on a steam copy of the game or do I need to make an offline version of FL before playing FLXRM?
Yo yea you can but why run steam if you cant get achievements anyways :), and ye i use the same mod
Also 1.1b is released today adressing some issues with some ships in Tships file

Oh yea im still searching for testers if someone is interested let me know, also if someone wants to join the project with scripting knowledge let me know
Thanks

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Sat, 24. Sep 22, 09:55

-XeNoN- wrote:
Sat, 24. Sep 22, 09:10
Betelgeuse97 wrote:
Thanks for the update!

Yo yea you can but why run steam if you cant get achievements anyways :), and ye i use the same mod
Also 1.1b is released today adressing some issues with some ships in Tships file

Oh yea im still searching for testers if someone is interested let me know, also if someone wants to join the project with scripting knowledge let me know
Thanks
I see 1.1b is up, and it's my first time installing this mod. Do I download the base build and all the other updates (1.1, 1.1a, and 1.1b) before adding the patches in order?

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Sat, 24. Sep 22, 10:18

Betelgeuse97 wrote:
Sat, 24. Sep 22, 09:55
-XeNoN- wrote:
Betelgeuse97 wrote:
Thanks for the update!

Thanks
I see 1.1b is up, and it's my first time installing this mod. Do I download the base build and all the other updates (1.1, 1.1a, and 1.1b) before adding the patches in order?
yes

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Tue, 27. Sep 22, 10:16

-XeNoN- wrote:
Sat, 24. Sep 22, 10:18
Betelgeuse97 wrote:
-XeNoN- wrote:

Thanks
yes
Thanks. I did that, and I have these mods installed:
- 1.3.2 unofficial patch
- Abandoned ships expanded mod
- FLXRM (had to change the .cat/.dat files to 07.cat/dat; they're numbered as 08.cat/dat in the zip file)
- FLXRM patches 1.3.2, 1.1a, and 1.1b

I manually installed FLXRM; however, upon starting a new game, I get this error as shown in the linked image.
https://imgur.com/a/bGmWoPi

Is this supposed to happen on starting a new game? Or do I have a bad installation? I didn't use the plugin manager to do the installation; I extracted the mod files to a clean installation of X3FL.

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Tue, 27. Sep 22, 10:18

Betelgeuse97 wrote:
Tue, 27. Sep 22, 10:16
-XeNoN- wrote:
Sat, 24. Sep 22, 10:18
Betelgeuse97 wrote:

yes
Thanks. I did that, and I have these mods installed:
- 1.3.2 unofficial patch
- Abandoned ships expanded mod
- FLXRM (had to change the .cat/.dat files to 07.cat/dat; they're numbered as 08.cat/dat in the zip file)
- FLXRM patches 1.3.2, 1.1a, and 1.1b

I manually installed FLXRM; however, upon starting a new game, I get this error as shown in the linked image.
https://imgur.com/a/bGmWoPi

Is this supposed to happen on starting a new game? Or do I have a bad installation? I didn't use the plugin manager to do the installation; I extracted the mod files to a clean installation of X3FL.
It's not an error, just the warning that the game has been modified

Scoob
x4

Re: [MOD] FLXRM - X3 Rebalance Mod for Farnham's Legacy(1.3.2) version 1.2 (03/10/2022)

Post by Scoob » Sun, 16. Oct 22, 12:35

Does anyone know if the XRM version of MARS is compatible with FLXRM? The standard version of MARS is reportedly compatible with the base game - it's listed in the Community Scripts thread - so it makes sense that the XRM version might be compatible with FLXRM. I mainly want it for the Goblins, to speed up cargo collection...

-XeNoN-
x4

Re: [MOD] FLXRM - X3 Rebalance Mod for Farnham's Legacy(1.3.2) version 1.2 (03/10/2022)

Post by -XeNoN- » Mon, 17. Oct 22, 18:13

Scoob wrote:
Sun, 16. Oct 22, 12:35
Does anyone know if the XRM version of MARS is compatible with FLXRM? The standard version of MARS is reportedly compatible with the base game - it's listed in the Community Scripts thread - so it makes sense that the XRM version might be compatible with FLXRM. I mainly want it for the Goblins, to speed up cargo collection...
Should work yes, normal MARS since FLXRM hasnt touched any combat related stuff

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 17. Oct 22, 18:21

-XeNoN- wrote:
Mon, 17. Oct 22, 18:13
Should work yes, normal MARS since FLXRM hasnt touched any combat related stuff
Nice. Thanks, I add it to the list.

Edit: I installed the XRM (and other mods) version of MARS via the Plugin Manager. Upon launching the game though, I get a message saying that it's detected the game as VANILLA, so I suspect there may be issues. I will test and see, but not save until I can confirm things are working properly.

CrimsonBlade
x4

Post by CrimsonBlade » Sat, 29. Oct 22, 17:08

Thanks for the update! I've been looking forward to this...

Not to be a bother, but- could you possibly add an option revert the fire-rate of weapons? I get that it was probably slowed for performance reasons, but still it just seems a but too sluggish IMHO, at least early game when I'm still the one doing all the shooting. I know LxXRM for AP managed to have a way of enabling or disabling the fire-rate adjustment.

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Sat, 29. Oct 22, 20:51

CrimsonBlade wrote:
Sat, 29. Oct 22, 17:08
Thanks for the update! I've been looking forward to this...

Not to be a bother, but- could you possibly add an option revert the fire-rate of weapons? I get that it was probably slowed for performance reasons, but still it just seems a but too sluggish IMHO, at least early game when I'm still the one doing all the shooting. I know LxXRM for AP managed to have a way of enabling or disabling the fire-rate adjustment.
Think you can use LXXRM version for fire rates but idk why you used that mod since it was from the start buggy

CrimsonBlade
x4

Post by CrimsonBlade » Fri, 4. Nov 22, 20:53

I'm sorry, can you clarify what you mean? How would I go about that. Do you mean using one of the files from LXXRM and overwriting one of yours with it? If so, which ones?

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Sat, 5. Nov 22, 12:00

CrimsonBlade wrote:
Fri, 4. Nov 22, 20:53
I'm sorry, can you clarify what you mean? How would I go about that. Do you mean using one of the files from LXXRM and overwriting one of yours with it? If so, which ones?
Meaning you can use TLaser/TBullets files from XRM or LXXRM, it should be the same

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Mon, 7. Nov 22, 10:24

FLXRM Update1.2 contains a complete update to the mod 1.1 and 1.2 or only 1.2 for version 1.1?

Or is it necessary to download all past archives and combine all this into one update?
Notices and Updates:

*** Update for unoficial patch 1.3.2 is ready for download, if you happen to find any bugs or balance issues post them thanks, please download previous patches located in the spoiler before applying latest versions if you don't have it ***
What's the point of demanding to download 20 more archives? Is it hard to make a normal full patch for a mod that would contain all the previous updates. You are the author. you know the sequence. but there are people who are faced with the game and mod for the first time.

Normal practice, full-fledged patches. Copied and forgotten.

Download 10 archives, collect everything in one, and think about what to do with the folder incomprehensible in the archive.

Then you are offended that something was not said to you.

Please make one normal, complete update archive.

If I'm already confused in all this patch structure, believe me, the person who sees the mod and the game for the first time will simply pass by.

This is a minus tester ...

You are engaged in a mod, and only you know its structure and how to install it all correctly.

A person wants to download and install an update, and not download 10 files and think about what to do with obscure folders in the archive that are necessary for the mod or is it just a backup.

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Tue, 8. Nov 22, 13:47

alexalsp wrote:
Mon, 7. Nov 22, 10:24
FLXRM Update1.2 contains a complete update to the mod 1.1 and 1.2 or only 1.2 for version 1.1?

Or is it necessary to download all past archives and combine all this into one update?
Notices and Updates:

*** Update for unoficial patch 1.3.2 is ready for download, if you happen to find any bugs or balance issues post them thanks, please download previous patches located in the spoiler before applying latest versions if you don't have it ***
What's the point of demanding to download 20 more archives? Is it hard to make a normal full patch for a mod that would contain all the previous updates. You are the author. you know the sequence. but there are people who are faced with the game and mod for the first time.

Normal practice, full-fledged patches. Copied and forgotten.

Download 10 archives, collect everything in one, and think about what to do with the folder incomprehensible in the archive.

Then you are offended that something was not said to you.

Please make one normal, complete update archive.

If I'm already confused in all this patch structure, believe me, the person who sees the mod and the game for the first time will simply pass by.

This is a minus tester ...

You are engaged in a mod, and only you know its structure and how to install it all correctly.

A person wants to download and install an update, and not download 10 files and think about what to do with obscure folders in the archive that are necessary for the mod or is it just a backup.
You talk alot...
Because im testing it alone and i'll release patches as is necessary currently, and patching structure will stay as is until further notice, ofc ill release an all in one update in the future
Offended? Give me something you're using man because you sound ridiculous...really

Bozz11
x4

Post by Bozz11 » Thu, 9. Feb 23, 22:23

hey man just to say thank you for this mod, XRM was my favorite mod for x3 back in the days ^^

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Fri, 10. Feb 23, 14:43

Bozz11 wrote:
Thu, 9. Feb 23, 22:23
hey man just to say thank you for this mod, XRM was my favorite mod for x3 back in the days ^^
Hehe thanks :), mine too, if you got suggestions let me know here or on Discord on Egosoft channel

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”