[MOD] FLXRM - X3 Rebalance Mod for Farnham's Legacy (23/04/2023)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

-XeNoN-
x4

[MOD] FLXRM - X3 Rebalance Mod for Farnham's Legacy (23/04/2023)

Post by -XeNoN- » Mon, 7. Jun 21, 20:46

FLXRM - X Rebalance mod for Farnham's Legacy v 1.3.8 (UP)

After i've released a small shippack mod i've decided for the partial port of the XRM and some other mods, basically this is XRM version that i use for personal use, with the permission of the original authors i've added some features of the original mods, the rebalances in FLXRM somewhat differ from the original

Notices and Updates:

***Join official FLXRM Discord server for updates FLXRM ***

*** Small update for 1.3.5 is ready for download, if you happen to find any bugs or balance issues post them thanks, please download previous patches located in the spoiler before applying latest versions if you don't have it ***

Previous Updates
Show
FLXRM Update 1.1 for 1.3.2

Installation:

Extract maps folder to x3 terran conflict/ addon2 folder
Extract Types folder to x3 terran conflict/ addon2 folder
If asks for overwrite do so

If you have X3Editor2 you can also add with cat manager to the main cat/dat file update files if you dont want loose files

FLXRM Update 1.1a

Extract to your addon2/types folder
Run Plugin Manager and exit it to create new ware lists, if you dont see ingame change of Ore to XL value start a new game.

FLXRM Update1.1b

Extract to your addon2/ types folder,overwrite if asked
FLXRM Update1.2

***Major Update!***
Requires new game, to install you can find in archive Loose and Cat/Dat files (set highest number if youre installing as fake patch which i recommand), you can also find Global file without Dynamic Relations and some edits which is optional
Refer to changelog what's new

FLXRM Update1.2a

To install either extract to addon2/types folder or merge it to cat file ( FLXRM ) with X3 Editor 2

FLXRM Update 1.2b for TC/AP Plots and 1.3.6

NOTE: If you're planning to use movies for TC/AP plots, download TC/AP mov folder for TC/AP XRM available on Egosoft forums

Compatibility patch for 1.3.6 with TC/AP plots

FLXRM Update 1.2c for TC/AP Plots 0.7

Small update

Patches and Fixes

* FLXRM is currently designed to work on FL v 1.3.6 TC/AP (UP by Cycrow) so make sure you use no steam exe if you want to keep previous versions ( 1.3.4 or 1.3.3)which you can download on Egosoft site, until FLXRM is updated further for future FL Unofficial versions -> FL No steam exe

Optional And Test Files:

XRM System Override:

XRM System Override

*This is the port of the original System Override from the XRM mod
To use the script you must have System Override Software onboard your ship to use it, you will need hackerchips and energy cells to hack other ships, instead of just boarding
To install just extract the t folder to addon2 folder and scripts folder to addon2 also

***NEEDS MORE TESTING*** XRM Bounties System (AL Plugin) and Military Network:

* You need to have installed on your ship police licenses for specific bounties from each race, if you have all licenses you can access all races network and recieve bounties, if you have only Argon Police license you can only get bounties from Argon and only access Argon Military Network

XRM Bounty System

*This is the part of the XRM military network and galactic news but since FL has some sort of galactic news the network and galactic news is not included
Seems that bounty system works well but i encourage the users to test it further thanks
To install extract the t file and scripts to addon2 folder
If you already installed XRM System Override DO not install the t file

XRM Military Network

*Military network seems to be working on initial testing, for any issues please report
To install just extract the scripts to addon2/scripts folder

Changelogs:
Changelogs
Show
  • FLXRM 1.0:

* New Weapons (XRM + CPP)
    * Rebalanced Missiles (XRM)
    * Some XTC ships/ XRM/ Cadius ships that were already in the XRM TC/AP
    * Semi rationalized loadouts ( since this is FL there's no need to rational restrictions )
    * Added some entries to the JOBS files
    * Edited 000044.xml file for custom voices
    * Custom X3Universe.xml/ WareTemplate.xml files
    * Some of the scripted events/ features of the XRM werent ported over because FL already has same/ similar or more advanced features
  • Missile and weapon changes:

* All missiles are twice as fast, but some heavy damage ones deal half the damage but they have increased AOE explosion effect
    * Missiles in FLXRM unlike in XRM are extremely deadly so Missile Defence and good turret mods like Smart are a must have
    * All weapons are rebalanced, bullet speeds are fast but rate of fire is slower, the battles should last longer
    * Weapon hit effects shouldnt cause lagss

Ship Changes:

* Ported XRM engine effects for capital ships
    * Capital ships have slightly increased speeds, but also heavily increased shielding and hull
    *** Unlike XRM AP, this customized version for FLXRM makes Xenon way more lethal, ergo harder to clear the sectors because of their loadouts and ship variety ( M7M/M8 added including Strike-Frigate QX (previously named C in XRMAP))
  • FLXRM 1.1:

* Updated FLXRM for version 1.3.2 Unoficial Patch
    * Fixed inconsistencies in TShips file between the M4-M3-M5 ships, adjusted balances
    * Fixed Materials file to be compatible with 1.3.2
    * Updated Jobs file for version 1.3.2
    * Updated X3Universe and WareTemplate files for 1.3.2
  • FLXRM 1.1a:

*Fixed some bugs
    *Updated Warelists
    *Readjusted TShips file
  • FLXRM 1.1b:

*Fixed some instances in TShips file to adress with issues on some ships like Acinonyx Prototype, rebalanced and adjusted abit other ships
    *In 1.1c there will be some rebalance to M3 classes
    *Added 100km comm range
  • FLXRM 1.2:

Before starting the game make sure you create new TwareT with Plugin manager ( open and exit )
    ***You must start a new game for changes to take effect***

Fixes:
    * Unable to purchase FLXRM ships has been fixed*
    * Some rebalances to some ships
    * Fixed some issues that some people were having during testing
    New stuff:
    * Reworked Explorer Guild Rewards and Crates, now you can get with higher chance FLXRM Xenon weapons as Explorer Guild rewards or crates, including Terran weapons
    * New gamestart "Xenon Rogue" from XRM, other gamestarts will be featured soon ( Challange Sandbox only )

**Added Optional files XRM System Override Software and XRM Bounties ( needs more testing )
Installation (if youre installing for the first time or you need base files):
  • Download:

XRM PART 3

Backup your 00044.pck, 00144.dat and 00244.dat found in addon2/mov folder then delete 000044.pck
    Extract 00144.dat, 00244.dat from XRM_Part3 mov folder to the addon2/mov folder

It should look like this:

Do not install soundtrack part from the XRM_Part 3 archive, the soundtrack and sectors that use them arent yet ported over

After you've done with XRM_part3 download:

FLXRM

Extract the archive from FLXRM.rar to your addon2 folder

Fire up Plugin Manager, eneble modified mode, exit and play

Note that you need to create a new game for the changes to take effect.

Technical stuff:

t file used - 9950

Credits:
  • * Cycrow for scripting help
    * Paulwheeler/ Mizuchi (original XRM devs)
    * Cadius (Xtra shippack)
    * Ship Expansion by Killjaiden
    * XTC team
    * SRM Exclusive trails by Killerog and Paul Wheeler
    * Ship Showcase by Expnobody
    * Xenon IX by -XeNoN-
Last edited by -XeNoN- on Sun, 1. Oct 23, 14:47, edited 42 times in total.

alexalsp
x4

Re: [MOD] FLXRM - X3 Rebalance Mod for Farnham's Legacy(1.1) Initial release 1.0 (7/6/2021)

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 12:05

Is the sound folder also in the addon2 folder or copy it to the root folder of the game?

-XeNoN-
x4

Re: [MOD] FLXRM - X3 Rebalance Mod for Farnham's Legacy(1.1) Initial release 1.0 (7/6/2021)

Post by -XeNoN- » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 12:46

alexalsp wrote:
Thu, 10. Jun 21, 12:05
Is the sound folder also in the addon2 folder or copy it to the root folder of the game?
S folder is in cat/dat
The 00144/00244.dat files from XRM_part3 should go into addon2/mov folder just make sure to backup those and 00044.pck then all those 3 files you should move to your backup folder, then install 00144.dat/00244.dat
When you install FLXRM it should look like this:

Since youre installing it for FL all files should go to addon2 folder

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 15:32

alexalsp wrote:
Thu, 10. Jun 21, 12:05
I mean the folder - soundtrack

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 15:39

Soundtrack should be already in vanilla fl/tc/ap i havent added any soundtracks

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 16:10

-XeNoN- wrote:
Thu, 10. Jun 21, 15:39
XRM1.29_PART_3.zip archive contains mov and soundtrack folders

Mov - to addon2
soundtrack - to addon2 or root games ?

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 16:59

alexalsp wrote:
Thu, 10. Jun 21, 16:10
-XeNoN- wrote:
Thu, 10. Jun 21, 15:39
XRM1.29_PART_3.zip archive contains mov and soundtrack folders

Mov - to addon2
soundtrack - to addon2 or root games ?
In the install section its mentioned only mov folder :), soundtrack isnt yet ported over for sectors
But thanks for the question ill update the Installation section

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 17:17

OK. Thank you.

One more question
Fire up Plugin Manager, eneble modified mode, exit and play
Why do this?

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 19:39

Precaution cause we dont have yet no steam fl, and you will most likely install other mods that require this too :)

Without this it will also mark your game modified but i strongly suggest you run the plugin manager

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 12:22

-XeNoN- wrote:
Thu, 10. Jun 21, 19:39
Precaution cause we dont have yet no steam fl
In case you haven't seen this yet, the X3FL NoSteam.exe is available now.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 12:41

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sat, 19. Jun 21, 12:22
-XeNoN- wrote:
Thu, 10. Jun 21, 19:39
Precaution cause we dont have yet no steam fl
In case you haven't seen this yet, the X3FL NoSteam.exe is available now.
Thanks man ill update the mod soon and will update the description :)

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 29. Jun 21, 03:53

Is the work going on? :)

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Tue, 29. Jun 21, 18:22

Yeah when its done and when it passes test phases it will be released

EDIT: will take abit longer for the update, got some upcoming projects that i need to care of first

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 30. Jul 21, 00:19

I don't know about others, but when I look at docked ships at a station or in space, the game crashes.

Plugin Menedger works strangely for me. If, as described in the description, the player needs to run it, then it is better to provide the necessary scripts from Plag Men with the mod.

If it works for you, give the scrips folder to check.

Thanks

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Fri, 30. Jul 21, 17:51

alexalsp wrote:
Fri, 30. Jul 21, 00:19
I don't know about others, but when I look at docked ships at a station or in space, the game crashes.

Plugin Menedger works strangely for me. If, as described in the description, the player needs to run it, then it is better to provide the necessary scripts from Plag Men with the mod.

Thanks
Do you use 1.1 FL or 1.2?

If you use 1.2 FL the FLXRM wont work properly its scheduled for mid August since im fairly busy in RL and on other projects

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 30. Jul 21, 18:38

-XeNoN- wrote:
Fri, 30. Jul 21, 17:51
alexalsp wrote:
Fri, 30. Jul 21, 00:19

Thanks
Do you use 1.1 FL or 1.2?

If you use 1.2 FL the FLXRM wont work properly its scheduled for mid August since im fairly busy in RL and on other projects
FL 1.1

I cannot guarantee that the 1.1 version is really full 1.1. I collected this from past archives.
Unfortunately, there is no version 1.1 of the incentive. If you have version 1.1 and could provide it, I could check again.
Perhaps, if you do not have such an error, then somewhere I have an error with the version or scripts, since the plugin manager works for me every other time, and the game is compiled from different old backups.

Therefore, I say, if possible, if necessary, add the necessary scripts from the plugin manager or other necessary scripts to the mod, so as not to struggle with the plugin manager all the time.

Thanks.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 30. Jul 21, 21:48

I found version 1.1, checked. The error is present. Do you have such a bug?

https://youtu.be/jtykCkBjZs0

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Fri, 30. Jul 21, 22:55

Nope i dont ive done full playthrough b3fore release and i havent done any scripts do you have any other mods or scripts ins5allled

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 30. Jul 21, 23:38

-XeNoN- wrote:
Fri, 30. Jul 21, 22:55
Nope i dont ive done full playthrough b3fore release and i havent done any scripts do you have any other mods or scripts ins5allled
Start a new storyline - Extended Sandbox - 3 start. There will be a station nearby, you don't need to fly far. At the station, Headquarters Apartment, you can check the error.

Here is one pilot sent these files, the problem is being fixed with them.

https://youtu.be/9ld0ybF6WFk

look at them, maybe they can help you fix the problem.

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/lF78IQMaptj3dA

The archive contains two modified tables Materials and Particles3.

Here's what he wrote.
Regarding the FLXRM crashes. Error in the Materials table. The author transferred the table from XRM AP, and did not check that two more materials were added to FL, one of which is precisely responsible for drawing the menu of docked ships to carriers and stations.
I hope the information was helpful.

:lol: :x3: :wink:

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Sat, 31. Jul 21, 13:30

alexalsp wrote:
Fri, 30. Jul 21, 23:38
-XeNoN- wrote:
Fri, 30. Jul 21, 22:55
Start a new storyline - Extended Sandbox - 3 start. There will be a station nearby, you don't need to fly far. At the station, Headquarters Apartment, you can check the error.

Here is one pilot sent these files, the problem is being fixed with them.

https://youtu.be/9ld0ybF6WFk

look at them, maybe they can help you fix the problem.

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/lF78IQMaptj3dA

The archive contains two modified tables Materials and Particles3.

Here's what he wrote.
Regarding the FLXRM crashes. Error in the Materials table. The author transferred the table from XRM AP, and did not check that two more materials were added to FL, one of which is precisely responsible for drawing the menu of docked ships to carriers and stations.
I hope the information was helpful.

:lol: :x3: :wink:
Says video is unavailable as i said i havent touched yet any scripts with this mod yet, after i release 1.2 FL version of FLXRM ill add then scripts, this mod only adds effects/lasers/ships currently

Oh yea if you want i can send you updated Materials file i forgot to upload a newer version since i on the first version transfered new instances and havent rechecked the values for FL

Here's an updated Materials file:

FLXRM1.1a Updated Materials

Also to add the archive you sent seems to be the same as an updated Particles3 and Materials so doesnt matter which you download :) sorry for inconvenience

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”