Ship Extensions

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

WesternGunman
x4

Ship Extensions

Post by WesternGunman » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 19:11

1. Request the ability to store/stack extensions in the HQ. I have ships I want to recycle or reverse engineer, but I lose all ship extensions if I do. Some of the extensions get REALLY expensive to replace.
  2. Request the ability to build ship extensions. It's not clear to me if they are "Software" or "Hardware". if they are software, then HQ should be able to copy any in possession easily. If it's hardware?????

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Ship Extensions

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 19:45

Technically both of these things can be done already, although one is bugged until 1.2

if you use the loadout feature of the HQ, you can save the loadout without equipment, then when you apply it again to the ship, it'll strip the equipment off the ship and refund you the cost (this currently isn't working correctly until 1.2)
You can already unlock ship extensions in your HQ, while you cant build them from resources, you can apply them without needing to use NPC Equipment Docks

WesternGunman
x4

Post by WesternGunman » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 20:54

You can already unlock ship extensions in your HQ, while you cant build them from resources, you can apply them without needing to use NPC Equipment Docks
Correct me if I'm assuming incorrectly. I would assume that I use the same loadout save to automatically apply the extensions?
Does this then charge me for the extensions?

When will 1.2 be released?

I guess this thread can be deleted.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 21:15

if you have extensions in the loadout, then those extensions will be applied for your ship when you apply the loadout (as long as you have them unlocked)
And yes, you will be charged for adding them, so you need to make sure theres enough money available in the HQ

Quinch
xr

Post by Quinch » Fri, 4. Jun 21, 03:45

Silly question maybe {have yet to use the functionality}, but how does that factor if you save a loadout of a craft with extra extensions like engine and rudder?
I wasn't banished to the moon yesterday.

WesternGunman
x4

Post by WesternGunman » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 20:04

The more I work with the loadout manager, the more frustrating it is. :evil:

It also looks like there is a bug.
I set up a ship the way want my traders (for now at least).
Saved the loadout.
Then try to apply it to other ships of the same class that are docked.
Nothing happens. They are still completely empty.
No trade extensions, no triplex scanner, no upgrades.

Is there any way to get a Loadout Manager UI? Or I guess I should say a more consistent one.
Example:
Advanced Menu -> Weapons.
Should actually be
Advanced Menu -> Loadout Manager
Weapons are just 1 piece of the Loadout.

On that page, it should contain 5 sections: Weapons, Missiles, Shields, Equipment, Upgrades. All of the Save/Copy/Apply Loadouts should also be available here. There is already
Copy Settings from Ship
which is good, it needs more.
The
Available Missiles
and
Missiles
sections don't make a lot of sense either, seems redundant. Even if missiles aren't compatible, they should be listed in the same section, just flagged somehow as incompatible.

I have about 60 ships i've either built or salvaged, but getting them fitted is a HUGE pain. I'm only able to get extensions installed by sending ships to the other stations to collect them, then exchange between the ships. Its not like i can buy 10, its one at a time.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 20:09

if you are using 1.2, then applying the loadout in the HQ should apply the upgrades and equipment that were saved in the loadout.
however, only the equipment you have unlocked will be applied

also, only weapons/shields, etc you have available at your HQ will be applied

all of the settings like autojump, turret commands, etc will also be applied

WesternGunman
x4

Post by WesternGunman » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 20:49

Oh, nope still on v1.1, at least according to the main menu.
Steam says I'm fully up to date, so 1.2 hasn't been released. (no beta options listed)

So as soon as I get 1.2, i might be able to apply my saved loadouts.
I'm assuming that you mean "unlocked" that I've purchased or had existing extensions?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 20:54

Unlocked as in you have acquired the blueprints for the equipment and is available at your HQ

WesternGunman
x4

Post by WesternGunman » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 22:49

Found the 1.2 beta password. will be trying it out here shortly.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”