Bug with partial activation of Galaxy Editor - solved

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

dirkf
x3tc

Bug with partial activation of Galaxy Editor - solved

Post by dirkf » Thu, 27. May 21, 10:39

OK, it's not actually a bug in the game itself, but a failed reaction to outside influence.

A week ago I correctly activated the Galaxy editor and everything worked as intended.
Yesterday a problem with Steam caused Steam to re-download most files before the game could run again.

And that basically destroyed the scripts and access of the Galaxy Editor without removing the option itself from the main menu.

If I try to activate the editor again by changing the name to "Makeanapplepiefromscratch", then nothing happens at all. The name change itself is refused because the program correctly detects the code, but because the Galaxy editor itself is already active in the main menu it does not run the changes again to add the script for the editor to the menu.

So when I start the game in "Galaxy Editor" mode, I get to select the map from the list of maps available, but after that fail to have any special options or the menu access to the script commands to export the data and so on.

I either need a way to completely disable the Galaxy editor (so that the regular trick runs again) or a way to manually trigger the changes that makes the extra menues available again.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Bug with partial activation of Galaxy Editor

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 27. May 21, 11:15

it sounds like there's something corrupt with your install.

all the galaxy editor activation does is make it visible in the menu, the function is always there though.

have you tried verifying the files with steam ?

if you really want to remove the galaxy editor, its just a registry entry that you can remove

dirkf
x3tc

Re: Bug with partial activation of Galaxy Editor

Post by dirkf » Thu, 27. May 21, 12:42

I don't know what happened, now everything works again.

sorry for bothering you

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”