How to edit a complete copy of the FL map?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

dirkf
x3tc

How to edit a complete copy of the FL map?

Post by dirkf » Wed, 26. May 21, 09:55

I managed to extract the X3_universe.xml from X3FL and get it into the galaxy editor with a different name - that part worked.

The problem:
The entire map data was split into two files, all asteroids are in X3_universe_debris.xml (also extracted) and I can't find any instructions how to get the galaxy editor to load or handle both.
and playing either map alone (stations without asteroids or asteroids without stations) doesn't really work.

So can someone please link or tell the instructions on how to get a complete map of FL to edit?
Thank You

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: How to edit a complete copy of the FL map?

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 26. May 21, 18:41

Start the Galaxy Editor and chose the x3_universe map. Then bring up the Personal menu and chose "Galaxy Editor" -> "Import Patch Objects". Enter X3_universe_debris, and everything from that map should be imported into your current map.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

dirkf
x3tc

Re: How to edit a complete copy of the FL map?

Post by dirkf » Wed, 26. May 21, 19:30

I thought I tried that without it working

However it might have been my installation as Steam is suddenly reporting every file as damaged and redownloading 6GB after I tried to go back to vanilla.
I'll check again tomorrow (my internet connection isn't the fastests, and I hope that the download will be finished tomorrow, I'm at 2/6 GB after about three hours)...

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”