Build Complex order malfunction

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Aranov
x4

Build Complex order malfunction

Post by Aranov » Sun, 23. May 21, 17:39

Hey there, looking for some suggestions for my mod conflicting with the "Build Complex" order for TLs.

In short, I've add some new sectors, one of them really pisses off the Build AI's pathfinding/placing.

For whatever reason, the TL builds the the stations far outside the conventional sector range, up to 1575x,y and z away from the center.
When the complex is "ready", they are still connected but...it's not right..Images below to get an idea if what the finished complex looks like.
It also tanks my FPS in-sector.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2495725206
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2495724963

Now, I've built a complex in the Asteroid Belt, no problems, so the obvious issue here is my custom sector, which has a lot of asteroids, rock debris, and even has the shattered Kha'ak world in the background.
Posting here as I'm stumped how to proceed, and perhaps to offer a warning to anyone wanting to use the galaxy editor to add new sectors, to be careful when designing them.
Building in other sectors for now is obvious, But I'm also trying to recover the complex without rolling back to far and wanting to "fix" the sector.

And just to be clear, I understand it's my fault this happened, not expecting the devs to change anything, I'm just looking for advice.

EDIT:Leaving the original post up, but I did more testing and made sure any mod added stations were in TFacSizes.
This is still happening with vanilla stations, in vanilla sectors, and with stations from multiple races when I try the build order.
The first station places ok, then the rest are flung to the far ends of the sector. I'm mystified why this is happening.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Build Complex order malfunction

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 24. May 21, 10:16

Can you please post an example complex (i.e. which stations and how many of them) and a sector where you see this behaviour?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Aranov
x4

Re: Build Complex order malfunction

Post by Aranov » Mon, 24. May 21, 16:49

Thank you for considering this, I did set up a test complex this morning and took some images.

I am running a number of mods, but I did my test with a rather large vanilla Teladi complex, in Spaceweed Grove.
Only mod touching complexes is Advanced Complex Hub by Saetan viewtopic.php?t=244904
But I had that installed when I built my Asteroid Belt complex and everything worked fine. And tested without it, same result.

Hope you don't mind using google drive, I took quite a few pics and steam image share is a pain. Take note of the xyz coordinates in the OOS and IS map images.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”